The Tag Thread

Rawbietussin

I would prefer having Vanilla 5's default T tag throw button back rather than this new 66H+P+K tag throw input since there are tag pairs that have 2 or more tag throw variations like Tina/Lisa (T, 6T) and Bayman/Bass (T, 6T, T near walls/fence).

For ideas, I'd like it if they try implementing 2 VS 1 tag or 1 VS 2 tag just like how Zack faced Hitomi/Leifang and Tina/Mila all by himself in 5's story mode. Plus, 3 VS 3 tag would be nice too like something similar to Project Justice.

Last edited:

synce

I'd like it if they split tag into its own game like Tekken. TN can focus more on each aspect of the series instead of trying to cram everything into one rushed game.

Musourenka

I like that they're going back to the 66F+P+K input; a bit of DOA2 nostalgia. Plus, 5-frame unbreakable throws that were stronger than 7-frame throws were just silly.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I would prefer having Vanilla 5's default T tag throw button back rather than this new 66H+P+K tag throw input since there are tag pairs that have 2 or more tag throw variations like Tina/Lisa (T, 6T) and Bayman/Bass (T, 6T, T near walls/fence).

For ideas, I'd like it if they try implementing 2 VS 1 tag or 1 VS 2 tag just like how Zack faced Hitomi/Leifang and Tina/Mila all by himself in 5's story mode. Plus, 3 VS 3 tag would be nice too like something similar to Project Justice.
I prefer the T and 6T system, but I agree with what Musorenka say, tag team throw were just too overpowered for that easy input. Now they are a little more balanced.
3 vs 3 would be something that I'm interested to see, but I don't think that happening.

Rawbietussin

I prefer the T and 6T system, but I agree with what Musorenka say, tag team throw were just too overpowered for that easy input. Now they are a little more balanced.
3 vs 3 would be something that I'm interested to see, but I don't think that happening.

It doesn't seem fair that they took out something that has been an existing part of their gameplay.
I imagine pressing 44T would tag in the 1st partner while 66T would tag in the 2nd partner.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I really would want if they bring back how the intros/outros used to be for the characters who doesn't have an interaction.

Intro: Both characters appear at the very beggining. The first character says a quote along with the intro pose, while the second character, only do the pose, with no quote.
Outro: Again, both characters appear at the same time. The first character appear a little forward and then, he/she do the victory pose along with the quote, same as the second character. The subtitles only show what the first character says.

This may be not relevant, but when they get rid of that in DOA5, I seriously lost interest in tag mode. This was one of the little details who made me love tag in doa at the start.
Out of my own personal opinion, is tag is suppose to be a team battle, wouldn't be better if both characters have almost the same protagonist after and before the battle?

Rawbietussin

I mean that the both characters should appear since the beginning of the intro/outro, just like in the previous games.

But they both do appear in intros/outros. Only things is the 2nd character does the win pose ahead before the 1st character could do his/hers and that they are already in their fighting stance before the 1st character could do the intro.

Aven Kujo-Gin

But they both do appear in intros/outros. Only things is the 2nd character does the win pose ahead before the 1st character could do his/hers and that they are already in their fighting stance before the 1st character could do the intro.
Yeah, but after playing doa since 2 for ages, I got used to the way this was before doa5, and now, I miss it. Maybe I'm the only one.

Rawbietussin

Yeah, but after playing doa since 2 for ages, I got used to the way this was before doa5, and now, I miss it. Maybe I'm the only one.

I never really noticed tag that much in 2 despite knowing how both characters moved in the intro and outro when it doesn't have a special intro or win pose together. If you were able to play Tag Challenge in Dimensions on the 3DS, it was more sad to look at. Your partner happens to be an AI and if your pair doesn't have a special win pose together. It just shows whoever is on the front before your opponent got KO'ed.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I never really noticed tag that much in 2 despite knowing how both characters moved in the intro and outro when it doesn't have a special intro or win pose together. If you were able to play Tag Challenge in Dimensions on the 3DS, it was more sad to look at. Your partner happens to be an AI and if your pair doesn't have a special win pose together. It just shows whoever is on the front before your opponent got KO'ed.
Never played dimensions, I only saw some videos around, and I never noticed about that thing in tag, but yeah, this is even worse.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD