The Witcher Thread

Chapstick

Coming off of so many other games with good precise movement this really screws me up. Trying to go to a ladder/object/door and just walking straight into walls/off ledges/in circles

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I can see what you mean but I honestly never had many problems with that. :/ What I found more annoying was taking documents on tables or speaking to people sitting at tables and instead lighting or unlighting candles. XD This is such a silly and useless feature anyway.

Jadeinchains

Lol yeah there was so many moments where I'd keep lighting candles instead of talking to the person I wanted to! And worse was the time I picked up an apple or something accidentally in the town square and the whole city guard attacked me!

Chapstick

Looked through the patch notes for the game and saw they added an alternate option for people like me who like the character to actually turn when you want them to or stop moving when you're not pushing the analog stick anymore. Went into the settings and enabled it and it's a lot more tolerable.

Getting used to the combat, saw I was supposed to use a yrden sign to help fight the noonwraith in this well quest and I thought you were supposed to use R1 because I completely forgot the tutorial so I was standing there mashing R1 while she attacked me over and over wondering why nothing was happening :rolleyes:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm glad for you Chapstick! :D
This really shows how thoughtful the developers are and how polished the game is. I just now remembered that there was this function and that I even tried it out at one point. But I like Geralt to move more fluid and natural instead of precise, so I switched back and forgot about it.

Also, I totally forgot about that sidemission in this playthrough... I might go back and do it. I somehow always feel good helping people out or avenging their death. It's really rewarding in this game to me, even if the pay in coin or items is shitty.
Generally in my second playthrough there are so many quests and places I only stumble upon now and so many quests and places from last time that I completely missed this time. This game is so huge and no playthrough is the same.

@Jadeinchains, I just broke Triss' heart by the way. ;__; But here I come my loveliest lilac and gooseberry scented Yennefer of Vengerburg! You are mine this time! >O<

Jadeinchains

It really is great how thoughtful they are of the fans/consumer, it makes them seem a lot more likeable as a development team. I haven't played the game in a while to give my self some distance so that blood and wine feels more fresh but I'm sure if I turned it on right now I'd find dozens maybe even hundreds of quests I've never done.

Poor Triss, maybe Yen will be kinder in your game than in mine.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Poor Triss, maybe Yen will be kinder in your game than in mine.

Yennefer is actually pretty cool and in a Japanese game/manga/anime would be considered a tsundere. It's hard for her to express her feelings and completely open up. But she does if you are fully committed to her. :) (Also, she is actually the canon true love of Geralt and foster mother of Ciri.)

By the way, could you please check for me how long you played the game? It's under character in the in-game menu, bottom left (press R2). I really want to know. ;) You flew through the game in three days and I really wonder how much gameplay hours that actually amounted to.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah I got a tsundere vibe from her, just didn't really like her though. I won't say more than that though since @Chapstick is new to the game now!

I've played the game for days afterwards after I'd played the story so you could actually bring the tme down for story, My menu doesn't seem yo have a character option!

Edit: Oops! Nope I'm just an idiot and didn't see it! Anyway my is 1 day 20 hours 36 minutes and 55 seconds! That seems surprising less time than I'd thought!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
My menu doesn't seem yo have a character option!

Of course it does. ;) Go to your game file (you have to be in the game) then press the touchpad on your controller, go to the "character" file (where you levelled up your fighting skills and magic) and there press R2. Now look at the very last line on the screen. (It's way more complicated than it should be. XD)

For me it reads: 5 days 8 hours (128h) for my first playthrough and 21 hours and a couple of minutes in my second and current playthrough.

ShinobiGuy

I ended up with Triss on my playthrough, but it was a tough choice. I felt really bad when I told Yenn I didn't love her anymore after the fight with the djinn.
Though I have finished the main story and Hearts of Stone, I still play it almost every day, still coming across missions and places and I wanna find all the witcher armours. Really looking forwards to the next expansion, though I need to think about Uncharted 4 pretty soon.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that your in game hours are so much more than mine!

That's what I am thinking too. ;) If I would make a wild guess I would assume you played it for maybe about 30 hours? Which is really much too short for this game. ;__; You have to tell me the actual number. I'll have sleepness nights otherwise. XD

@ShinobiGuy, did you guys notice that the beautiful song Pricilla sang was about Geralt and Yennefer? I'll put it in spoilers for Chapstick:

Loved that song. How could you not choose her afterwards?! D:

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

That's what I am thinking too. ;) If I would make a wild guess I would assume you played it for maybe about 30 hours? Which is really much too short for this game. ;__; You have to tell me the actual number. I'll have sleepness nights otherwise. XD

@ShinobiGuy, did you guys notice that the beautiful song Pricilla sung was about Geralt and Yennefer? I'll put it in spoilers for Chapstick:

Loved that song. How could you not choose her afterwards?! D:

The actually time then would be 44 hours. Which yeah isn't enough time, luckily I can just continue playing it and finding new quests/things to do.

ShinobiGuy

You know, I actually didn't get that that song was about them....
But still, the heart wants what the heart wants :-D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I don't have any interest in romancing either girl so it's fine lol

56668585.jpg

I found it very difficult to reject even one of them in the respective circumstances. It was heart breaking. :( I think CD Projekt Red really knows how to make you care for the two main love interrests...or at least one of them.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Let me just post of a couple of pics I made. :D

26785189561_c5e7e3c0ae_h.jpg

26248366963_fefa20a41e_h.jpg

26785228591_fcd1d0765a_h.jpg

What were you favorite landscapes in the game?

For me it was Kaer Morhen closely followed by Skellige. I really like mountainous regions with snow capped peaks.

Jadeinchains

I loved Kaer Morgen and Skellige but I also liked the general city area and the swamp with the big tree ( I forgot its name but I think its just a part of Velen )

I'm really excited yo explore Touissant though, especially after that picture of the huge mushrooms!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I loved Kaer Morgen and Skellige but I also liked the general city area and the swamp with the big tree ( I forgot its name but I think its just a part of Velen )

I'm really excited yo explore Touissant though, especially after that picture of the huge mushrooms!

Really, the area around Crookback Bog (that's the name) was one of your favorites?! o__O Wow, I always felt so uneasy there. XD It was really creepy, especially knowing this was the turf of the three crones and the dark legends surrounding them. The developers sure did an outstandig job making this area just ooze of atmosphere. The music also did it's part. Coincidentally I also loved Kaer Morhen's and Skellige's background music the most.

Kaer Morhen:

After wandering through the valley for a while and listening to the music there's always this melancholy coming over me. There is so much beauty and solitude. It's like you are all alone in the world and the only human remains, like the fortress and other ruins, are slowly crumbling away. Lol, I really get sad being there for too long. Something I never felt so strong in any other video game.

Here's the theme of Skellige, which is also great:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD