"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I just tested it again on all weights. That's why it took me so long to respond. You're both right. It doesn't work now. So it is a buff. Good shit to both of you for going in re-checking it. Can't believe that I didn't think to do this.

Last edited:

Chapstick

I think it'll even work after a wallsplat then 33P 2P, the BnB 236T juggle could be 6K PPP 4PKK... But I get ahead of myself. It's hard to tell if it's PPP that relaunches or PPPP. PPP makes more sense since it's a launcher.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What it will do is probably replace the juggle of PKKK near the walls for a certain weight class, but this is without adding in 33P 2P which is usually used through stun or counter hit. It would do more 33K by itself though if you were to figure out which to use as a normal hit launcher. Maybe it'll be worth going for? This is a damage buff. For the others, I know this has been awhile but in vanilla, when I tried some of the PPP juggles from DOA4, they were ass (referring to PPP 4PKK that you mentioned in particular) compared to the ones that she has now. Those were all replaced by her strings of PKK7K, KK7K, KK6K, & PKK6K. Now, if it does float for a tad bit in the air, we could get something like a :P::P::P: :5::P::P::7::K: series with teleport punch. You're not wrong though.

EDIT: On CH, PPPPP should work with 33P 2P as a wall ender. I just tested it. It barely misses lightweights & midweights.

EDIT #2: @Allan Paris @Chapstick @Force_of_Nature I just tagged a few instead to avoid double-posting so that people would know to look. This was what they were referring to about her inputs of her teleports (6P+K being changed to stuff like 7K6). It's showing she no longer has to do that from 66PP, but it could just be for 66PP.

66pp-jpg.8802

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This was the list that came up for her changes"

Kasumi:
(Back) PPPP, 3PP: floated back up performance
(Back) PPPPP, (back) PP6PP, 3PPP, 6PP: Change to damage 26⇒18
Derived to a variety of "whirlwind": 6_ also leave as adjusted by the input (which is also available in a conventional manner 6P + K input)
6PP: less and adjust the press at the time of guard
66PP: Change is done at the time of hit in blinding stagger
4P + K: Adjust to leave even 4_P + K input
33P: command priority coordination with 236P
44P: Fixed in beaten blinding more than counter hit
Change to damage 20⇒23: 1K, (back) PP2K, PPK2K, H + K2K
The 1K: Change in base damage 25⇒23 of when the tip hit
66KK: additional jump status frame
((Back) PP) 6KK: Change to guard rigidity difference -12F⇒-7F
Following add an effect that cherry dancing to trick-of (back (P)) KKP
· Back 4P
· (Back (PP)) 6PKK
· 236P
9P + K: Jump (lower disabled) additional status frame
Fu-shinfu 9P + K: Jump (lower disabled) additional status frame
Change to damage 40 + 20⇒50 + 10: wall 6T

Chapstick

I was right in the middle of typing that up when I got a "new posts in this thread" notification. xD From what I can see it's mostly buffs.

Phase 4 players here, check out her spot. Some very nice buffs and no nerfs.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
If I'm reading reading this right, unless it's referring to BT, some P strings & 6PP received a damage decrease.

Chapstick

All her elbows got an 8 damage nerf. Hoshinpo P isn't listed so it's possible that didn't.

Edit- now that I think about it PPPPP isn't a good wall juggle anymore like I thought it'd be thanks to that damage nerf.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Nope, unless we try it anyway instead of talking in theory, but more than likely now, no. But (back) means BT I believe. It's hard to really read what that means.

Chapstick

Might be able to do PPPP 7K. I think the (back) means both forward and BT like how they put (PP) 6KK meaning it applies to both.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Okay, okay, balance changes.. but..
  • Added Cherry Blossom effects to the following, (Back-turned(P))KKP, Back-turned 4P, (Back-turned (PP))6PKK, 236P
yaaaassssssss

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Newly Translated

Kasumi (Special movement techniques made easier for beginners)
(Back-turned) PPPP, 3PP refloat properties strengthened
(Back-turned) PPPPP, (Back-turned) PP6PP, 3PPP, 6PP: Damage changed from 26 to 18.
For all "Senpuu" variations, holding 6 trigger the move (6P+K still works as well)
6PP: Small adjustment to push back when guarded.
66PP: Stun changed to blind stagger animation on hit.
4P+K: 4_P+K also works now.
33P: Fixed the priority so 236P shouldn't happen.
44P: On counter hit and above, causes blind stun animation.
1K, (Back-turned)PP2K, PPK2K, H+K2K: Damage changed from 20 to 23.
1K: Glancing hit base damage changed from 25 to 23.
66KK: Added jump status frames
((Back-turned)PP)6KK: Advantage on guard changed from -12F to -7F.
Added Cherry Blossom effects to the following, (Back-turned(P))KKP, Back-turned 4P, (Back-turned (PP))6PKK, 236P
9P+K: Jump status frames added (low attacks won't hit)
Hoshinpo 9P+K: Jump status frames added (low attacks won't hit)
Wall 6T: Damaged changed from 40+20 to 50+10.

KwonJigglypuff

Wait they've added cherry blossoms to these moves too ? But I thought cherry blossom were for special moves with teleportation or 9P ?

That's gonna be beautiful to watch.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Me & Shade Swifteye labbed last night on Xbox One since the update was already out, but more than likely it'll be updated with a launch patch (that pad I think is ass but not as bad as I thought I would be using it)

• Her juggling overall is easier than before. I did have to get used to pressing "69P" for her 9PK bound enders, but it was easier than what it was for Ultimate, but it could have just been me trying to use the Xbox One pad.
  • 66PP puts her in your face, still guarantees 66K after the sit-down stun, but the advantage on hit on stagger (fastest) is only +17 from the elbow into the sit-down stun. Still guard breaks
  • Danger zone (from DOA1), she's getting 33P from 5T, 96 pts of damage from 66T. Shade was playing around with this. Said that the stage may be banned.
  • PPPPP, 3PPP all fully connect as a combo & refloat, but they are not worth using on stages with the hard walls. The fuel stage, the circus, & the tiger stage is where she does her dirt with these. She capitalizes from the bounces & can net some damage from them. They still bound with 6P6P, still gets 66K guaranteed.
  • This was probably something overlooked in ultimate, but after PKKK when it wall slams, 6P2K (6P whiffs) forces people up. If they tech, you should be left at -2 if it whiffs.
From what I saw, for the most part, she maintained most of her status from 5U with a few changes. Just day 1 stuff though. Getting back on some time today to check some more stuff that's in the translated notes. I can stream it too if anyone who doesn't have an Xbox One wants to come & see.

Last edited:

Shade

• Danger zone (from DOA1), she's getting 33P from 5T, 96 pts of damage from 66T. Shade was playing around with this. Said that the stage may be banned..
Just to clarify I don't want to see this stage banned. Shes getting 100+ from 66T guaranteed on DZ (without the cliff), no 6PK shenanigans needed which is cool. I'll post some things in the later days/weeks. Day 1 technical stuff gets outdated really fast tbh.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Just to clarify I don't want to see this stage banned. Shes getting 100+ from 66T guaranteed on DZ (without the cliff), no 6PK shenanigans needed which is cool. I'll post some things in the later days/weeks. Day 1 technical stuff gets outdated really fast tbh.
Me neither lol. I also found some stuff with 44P's blinding stun with PP variants. I've been testing the PP, & PPP's with both critical holds & myself & can't hold them.

6KK is semi safe now at -7. So now if you use it, you can force them to 5T & then break it.
6PP's pushback was taken out, which sucks.

UprisingJC

Me neither lol. I also found some stuff with 44P's blinding stun with PP variants. I've been testing the PP, & PPP's with both critical holds & myself & can't hold them.

6KK is semi safe now at -7. So now if you use it, you can force them to 5T & then break it.
6PP's pushback was taken out, which sucks.
Does it mean that her 6PP is now punishable by a throw in DOA5LR?
Just like her PP6PP in DOA5U which doesn't create a gap as 6PP does in it.

BTW, I also read your previous post.
Does her PPPPP connect even in critical level 1?
I mean something like this:

6P(Stun) -> 8K(Launcher) -> PPPPP

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Does it mean that her 6PP is now punishable by a throw in DOA5LR?
Just like her PP6PP in DOA5U which doesn't create a gap as 6PP does in it.

BTW, I also read your previous post.
Does her PPPPP connect even in critical level 1?
I mean something like this:

6P(Stun) -> 8K(Launcher) -> PPPPP
Yeah, it does.

6PP can now be throw punished since they took away its push back on block

extravagant

Kasumi
  • (BT) PPPP, 3PP: refloat properties strengthened
  • (BT) PPPPP, (Back-turned) PP6PP, 3PPP, 6PP: Damage changed from 26 to 18.
  • For all “Senpuu” variations: 6_ triggers the move (6P+K still works as well)
  • 6PP: Small adjustment to push back when guarded.
  • 66PP: Stun changed to blind stagger animation on hit.
  • 4P+K: 4_P+K also works now.
  • 33P: Fixed the priority so 236P shouldn’t happen.
  • 44P: On counter hit and above, causes blind stun animation.
  • 1K, (BT)PP2K, PPK2K, H+K2K: Damage changed from 20 to 23.
  • 1K: Glancing hit base damage changed from 25 to 23.
  • 66KK: Added jump status frames.
  • ((BT)PP)6KK: Advantage on block changed from -12F to -7F.
  • Added dancing cherry blossom effects to the following:
    • (Back-turned(P))KKP
    • Back-turned 4P
    • (Back-turned (PP))6PKK
    • 236P
  • 9P+K: Jump status frames added (low attacks won’t hit)
  • Hoshinpo 9P+K: Jump status frames added (low attacks won’t hit)
  • Wall 6T: Damaged changed from 40+20 to 50+10.

-------------

so are these nerfs or buffs? or if these are both buffs and nerfs, do these changes lead more towards an overall buff or an overall nerf?

Chapstick

Refloat- buff
Elbow damage reduction- nerf
6PP pushback reduced- nerf
66PP- not sure
Low trip damage increase- buff
6KK made more safe- buff
Increased jump status frames- buff
33P- input adjustment
Hoshinpo- input adjustment (buff I guess)

extravagant

what's elbow damage and 6PP, what move is that?

sorry I dont know all of Kasumi moves. is that the move where she sorta rolls and teleport throws, and does a dash across the opponent and leaves huge grab damage?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD