This game's online system frustrates me SO BLEEPING MUCH sometimes.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
@ToKyo PewPew has pretty much mentioned the bulk of what I already wanted to say in detail, so I'm keeping this post short this time around, since that will be redundant.

Being a Christie player, I feel out of place saying all this. But I take pride in being one, and I hate being put in a bad light at the same time. I'm human and make mistakes. That's why I upload replays on my YT channel that evenly display both my wins and my losses, putting my opponents in a spotlight equal to my own as a means of encouraging them to keep playing and improving... I don't pretend to be a god. If they can win without Christie and non-ninja characters, so can you. But you gotta put in the actual effort just as they do and say "fuck it, I'm going all in, win or lose". 'Cause last time I checked, you were doing pretty decent against said matchups, and even punishing them accordingly. IMO, your real frustration (sometimes) lies in fighting smarter players, not so much as the characters themselves... then again I could be wrong. Remember, a character is only as good as the player using it.

I'm sure that if you can apply what you know with Mila (or Leon, if you prefer) thanks to your improved understanding of frame data that I (among others) witnessed for myself, you should feel more confident in overcoming those matchups. Yes, I know it's online, and there's gonna be lag. But sometimes you gotta out-crazy the crazy mashers. If it means mashing your way through, then so be it. One day, you'll have your golden opportunity to play in that lag-free environment with real human opponents. With any luck, someone may be willing to head your way to get to that local scene provided you make an advance notice and proper planning. But until then, you just gotta learn to take the bad with the good online and surround yourself with more positive energy. That's why you see me ranting less about online woes (which seems to be the norm every status update) and focusing more on the good times I had instead.

BTW, I couldn't help but notice you left the VF characters out of the equation this time. Whether it's unintentional or not, this is an improvement from your usual character-specific rants.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I think that Argentus touched on some on DOA myriad of netcode problems. The main one that gets me is the getting hit by mids or highs when walking backwards, which is lunacy. Then there's the wakeup bug/mechanic where the players inexplicably swap sides upon one fighter's wakeup - when this happens all of the standing character's attacks will track regardless of whether they have tracking properties or not, and occassionally a whiffing wakeup kick or special wakeup attack will suddenly gain magical tracking properties and get 360 degrees of tracking to hit an opponent who is behind them. Add that to the utter ridiculousness of standing sweeps occassionally beating mid wakeup kicks, guards inexplicably dropping 'just because' regardless of whether or not direction input or the H button is used, completely ducking characters getting nailed with standing grabs, and failure to acknowledge perfectly timed holds when the fighter actually performs the motion to counter and the attack is not countered while the user of the hold eats the attack anyway. Nevermind attacks that lack tracking properties tracking, and random inability to guard after being force teched. Of course the cherry on top is being knocked out of the air by a sweeping attack when performing a leaping attack.

@Argentus Regarding ninjas and Christie recovering faster than they are supposed to, I was told by a PSN player named Osiris the Virus or something like that that certain characters can recover faster than they are supposed to after certain attacks by performing the motions used to stagger escape after asking why their Raidou was able to beat me to the attack when I was using faster moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD