Thoughts/Feedback on my Mila?

Argentus

Now that I can upload to Facebook again, I brought up some of my recent matches. Would like Feedback.

As you can tell, I kinda use her as more of a brawler/grappler.

For comparison's sake, here's another mila player using her in the usual "rushdown/boxer" style (I'm the Leon here)

JusTheBest29

Well so far your Mila is looking fine from what I can see but there are a few things I can comment on.
1) Holding after 3H+K isn't an entirely good thing to do despite it working in the matches here. People may catch on and throw you for HiC damage.
2) You use 3H+K alot... probably too much. I'm not saying to not use the move at all, just use it wisely as it can be low throw punished. I'd recommend using 9P as it gives off a free combo on hit and is -3 on block.
3) I see that you use a pattern of 4H+K, 2H+K, and 3H+K. While the pattern is a good tactic, if an opponent reads the 2H+K or 3H+K you can be low throw punished out of both.
4) VS Leifang, like most Leifangs this one did H+K after most combos to get a force tech. Best thing to avoid that is to tech roll and hold the mid kick.
Other than those 4 things you're fine imo. I look forward to seeing improvement.

Argentus

Well so far your Mila is looking fine from what I can see but there are a few things I can comment on.
1) Holding after 3H+K isn't an entirely good thing to do despite it working in the matches here. People may catch on and throw you for HiC damage.
2) You use 3H+K alot... probably too much. I'm not saying to not use the move at all, just use it wisely as it can be low throw punished. I'd recommend using 9P as it gives off a free combo on hit and is -3 on block.
3) I see that you use a pattern of 4H+K, 2H+K, and 3H+K. While the pattern is a good tactic, if an opponent reads the 2H+K or 3H+K you can be low throw punished out of both.
4) VS Leifang, like most Leifangs this one did H+K after most combos to get a force tech. Best thing to avoid that is to tech roll and hold the mid kick.
Other than those 4 things you're fine imo. I look forward to seeing improvement.
1) Well until they DO catch on lol.... but yeah...
2) I will fully admit its my panic button lol. 9p gets beat out by a low, even low pokes knock it out of the air a lot so I tend to prefer 3H=K...
3) can you explain "low throw punish", or is it exactly what it sounds like? I mostly do that because for some reason, the mixup works lol.
4) hate leifang...whenever I try to tech roll, I always just get hit anyway...don't understand it.

Appreciate it.

JusTheBest29

Lol I understand just throwing it out in a desparate situation is what I do too sometimes. 9P does sometimes get hit by lows, true but it all relies on timing.
A low throw punish is exactly what it sounds like lol, just a throw punish with 2T or other low grabs.
I'll be completely honest sometimes I mash P to tech roll XD. Just do what you have to in order to get away from that force tech.

Argentus

Lol I understand just throwing it out in a desparate situation is what I do too sometimes. 9P does sometimes get hit by lows, true but it all relies on timing.
A low throw punish is exactly what it sounds like lol, just a throw punish with 2T or other low grabs.
I'll be completely honest sometimes I mash P to tech roll XD. Just do what you have to in order to get away from that force tech.

hate force techs so much lol.

But love the WHEEL CRUSHER so much.

Also, big problem I have, is I try to use 3pp to get people to back off, but because I'm trying to press it out of stunn, instead it does the (hold)3p input, which is MUCH slower, and just gets me smacked more, which is extremely frustrating when I'm screaming NONONONO I DIDNT PRESS THAT!!

Anyways lol. If I were to share one of these matches on the FB DOA competitive group to ask for more input, which one would you suggest I use?

JusTheBest29

You mean that you would get 33P in that situation? If so, that happens to me too don't worry lol. Its super annoying.

I would upload the Mila vs Hitomi or Mila vs Leifang one there.

Kuga

9P is better on frames and combo /option select regard but suck as low crush aganist deep tech crouch moves because it simply gets well crushed. Hope they will make it true mid in LR.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
It technically is a true mid. 9P and 3H+K and I believe 3P and 33P are all true mids.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
A mid that can't be ducked under due to how the pinch acts on active frames. Another word for this is"arching mid" because the strikes are either moving upwards or downward during the active frames.

An example for another character is Leon. His 3P hits upward during the active frames as opposed to his 6P that moves forward during active frames.

Kuga

It may look like ome but it isnt. It can be crushed by some moves. Happened to me many times. If it was meant to be one then it have serious hitbox issues.

Jefffcore

9p definitely isn't one.

You need to continue your stuns. The biggest thing that stood out to me was your lack of combos. Everytime you got a stun you threw out a move that doesn't really help you, like 4h+k or a sweep. After that first stun you need to stun again until they hold you and you need to make a change.

Argentus

9p definitely isn't one.

You need to continue your stuns. The biggest thing that stood out to me was your lack of combos. Everytime you got a stun you threw out a move that doesn't really help you, like 4h+k or a sweep. After that first stun you need to stun again until they hold you and you need to make a change.
its intentional. I'm trying to focus on baits, holds, crushes, etc, because I'm not much of a rushdown player.

Argentus

Can't say I'd recommend playing like that. It's not very efficient.
pvp20141216.jpg

not gonna get into the efficiency debate again lol. I'm just not a big combo user. I'll listen to whatever suggestions you have any incorporate whatever applies to my playstyle though. I appreciate any (constructive) input.

Jefffcore

My first suggestion is that you don't put limits on yourself; you aren't doing yourself any favours. Doa isn't about doing something because you think it suits you better, it's about finding the best solution to your given problem, then executing it when you need to.

You'll just keep hitting walls until you figure that out.

That comic strip makes no sense to me.

Argentus

My first suggestion is that you don't put limits on yourself; you aren't doing yourself any favours. Doa isn't about doing something because you think it suits you better, it's about finding the best solution to your given problem, then executing it when you need to.

Nothing will help you until you figure that out.
Not to be mean, but stop. I could sit here and explain, but it always always always escalates/devolves into the inevitable loop of "you have to do this" "no I don't" "yes you do", so on and so forth.

Though to turn your response into something constructive, I am all about finding the best solution to problem, which I'm doing here :) Its just my problem isn't "how to max damage" but "how to deal with certain moves, whether mine or theirs"

Jefffcore

So you'll hinder yourself just to play a way that suits you?

That's the worst attitude ever

There's nothing to explain, and there's nothing I can do to help you get better.

Argentus

So you'll hinder yourself just to play a way that suits you?

That's the worst attitude ever

There's nothing to explain.
*sigh* however ya wanna look at it.

I know its frustrating to see people playing your main differently, I get really irritated when I see milas not taking advantage of her ground game either lol.

Jefffcore

I don't care about the game at all. Lol.

It's more life advice than anything. If you as a human put limits on yourself, you'll never grow as a person, and you'll continue to make the same mistakes, over and over.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD