Throw Downs Not Working?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Okay. I think I know why the fighter list doesn't let you send throwdowns anymore.

In vanilla, we had three match types; Ranked, Simple, and Lobby. Whenever a throwdown was sent from the fighter list, that match would count as a Simple match.

With Simple matches no longer present, that is no longer the case. As a result, they made all throwdowns count as Ranked matches now. Most likely, TN didn't want to allow players to send throwdowns to people in their fighter list, because since those matches are now Ranked matches, they could use throwdowns to boost GP.

So yes, the fighter list is just for show now. It serves no purpose anymore, other than to snag an easy achievement/trophy for registering someone in it. Why they didn't just remove it entirely is anyone's guess.

What I still can't figure out however, is why some of the throwdown popups are blue while others are red. Or why accepting the red ones works instantly, but accepting the blue ones takes a few seconds, or just fails completely.

Last edited:

David Gregg

Blue means youre on p1 side. Red means you start on p2 side.

I didn't know that. I thought it meant what Forlorn was saying that red means the other player has accepted the throwdown and blue means they're still considering it.

That makes sense though too since no one wants to be on P2 side (I know I don't. lol)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Blue means youre on p1 side. Red means you start on p2 side.

Are you sure that's correct? I think it actually denotes ranked or simple? In DOA5 not all matches were simple, after the patch there was ranked as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD