Tina Guide

Renarism

Hey everyone,
I know I've been MIA for a second but I've been training for upcoming tournaments ... due to my hiatus I took I am a bit rusty but I am also working on a little guide for my main character Tina Armstrong.
Being considered one of if not the best Tina player by the community is an honor and Inspired me to make this :)

Gamertag: Renarism
Main: Tina Armstrong
Backups: Kokoro & Helena

-One of top & well-known DOA players
-IGN Pro League Player
-Notable top Tina user.

**Intro --
I use Tina's sheer force to my advantage. I normally would suggest going for her powerhouse combos and grabs with counterbaits mixed in. Keep the opponent guessing and counter happy and you'll have an easy win.
Where Tina rocks in strength she lacks in speed. Though she's the quickest of the grapplers she can get beat out most of the time by the likes of Kasumi and Christie so knowing your frames and moveset well will come in handy for your defense's sake.
Your first step after learning Tina's moveset in sparring mode is to learn a few of her strongest powerhouse combos that are capable of draining 50%+ of your opponents health.

basics--
**RENARISM POWERHOUSE COMBOS**

-- :1::P:, :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :426::F:

-- :1::P:, :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :P::P::K:

-- :1::P:, :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :6::P::K:

-- (on heavy) :1::P:, :4::K:, :7::K:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :F: , :2::F:

--:1::P:, :3_::P:, :7::P:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :426::F:

--:1::P:, :3_::P:, :7::P:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::6::P::P::K:. :2::F: (no tech)

--:4::K:, :7::P::P:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :426::F:

--:4::K:, :7::K:, :4::P:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :426::F:

--:4::K:, :7::K:, :4::K:, :6::P+K: (CB), :3::3::P:, :6::P::P::K:, :426::F:

**PRESSURE**

Tina can build a lot of pressure in a match, making your opponent terrified to counter or guess wrong -- use this to your ADVANTAGE!! This is part of Tina's main game...USE IT! Punish the opponent with Tina's power grabs every chance you get will pressure the opponent to think twice before randomly countering or not counter at all -- this will leave them open to CB's and Launchers.
You have quite a few options available to you with Tina's bait game. Learn some of Tina's pressure moves and combos to keep the baiting and pressure on your opponent to the point where they are immobilized.

:4::K: -- Successful hit will put you in back stance and the opponent stunned.
Tina has a lot of options from this stance such as: :4::P:, :7::K:, :7::P:(:P:), :F:, :8::F:
or you could cancel out and get a CB (:6::P+K:)

:3_::P: -- Successful critical hit will put opponent into a stun.

:7::P: -- Slow but successful hit will put opponent into stun.

:P::K:(:P::K:)-- On critical it can put opponent into a back stance with :K:, or a limbo with :P:

:P::K::P:, :8::P:, :3::3::K:, :8::P:, :2::F:(guaranteed)

:P::K::K:, :6::F+K:, :2::F: (Guaranteed)

:P::K::K:, :6::F+K:, :3_::P: (Force tech)

:1::P:, :3_::P:, :2::K:, :H+K:, :8::P:, :2::F: (guaranteed)

(Videos coming for both parts -- will be continued...)

~Renarism

Sleepy

Great stuff, Renarism. Tried out a few combos, wanted to point out that I think the combos that end in :6::P::P::K: , :426::F+P: actually have to be :6::P::P::6::K:, :426::F+P:. (Or :6_::P::P::K: , same thing).

Also, I couldn't get CB, :6::P::P::6::K:, :426::F+P: to work on Hayabusa? I think that combo has to end with normal air throw on middleweights (or just launch into Giant Swing on Heavies).

Doa_Eater

Also, I couldn't get CB, :6::P::P::6::K:, :426::F+P: to work on Hayabusa? I think that combo has to end with normal air throw on middleweights (or just launch into Giant Swing on Heavies).

It only works on lightweights (Kasumi,Ayane,Kokoro,Sarah,Pai,Alpha,Mila,Eliot,Hitomi,Lei Fang)

Renarism

nah unfortunately I don't got a PS3 anymore! I'm curious to try it out though! definitely need to toy with the new update in sparring mode

NinJaSword

I'm having a hard time finish the juggle that ends in PPK. I can't get the timing down to makes this hit after 6PPK. Does it only work on certain weight classes? I'm on v 1.03 on ps3.

phoenix1985gr

I'm having a hard time finish the juggle that ends in PPK. I can't get the timing down to makes this hit after 6PPK. Does it only work on certain weight classes? I'm on v 1.03 on ps3.

With 9k as launcher (the one i use for my cb) it connects on lights and mids. not sure about 33p

Doa_Eater

Granted it's 6pp6k, (6ppk is a totally different move, you need the forward knee crush, not the upper) but be mindful of the situation you are using it from as it really affects whether the opponent is in critical or not as Tina is really strict on keeping opponents in air. Or launching for that matter too, 9k is not even a launcher on normal hit. And also it will never work on Bass and Bayman.

NinJaSword

Granted it's 6pp6k, (6ppk is a totally different move, you need the forward knee crush, not the upper) but be mindful of the situation you are using it from as it really affects whether the opponent is in critical or not as Tina is really strict on keeping opponents in air. Or launching for that matter too, 9k is not even a launcher on normal hit. And also it will never work on Bass and Bayman.

Thanks very much, was able to get it working. Any use for 6ppk in a juggle at all? Or should I use 6pp6k most.

NinJaSword

Disabled tech rolls for certain moves for which tech rolls had mistakenly been allowed in Ver. 1.03.

This fix was implemented in patch 1.03a, did anyone mess around and see if we got some more guaranteed damage back?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD