Top 10 Gen Fu Moves

KwonJigglypuff

16P and 3KP seem to always surprise the ennemy. I love them.

Thanks for the answer @KING JAIMY, I suppose not every move is suppose to add something to the balance, it's just to change and use it based on the situation. I rarely use it because I don't know how to use spacing in fights. It's my big problem with every character. For instance Marie has the same 7P, and I never know what to do with it.

Lulu

Probably to get away from wake-up kicks after finishing a combo or mindfucking opponents by alternating 7P with 7K.

My personal top 10 moves for Gen Fu: His whole movelist! Top tier old fart doesn't have any useless moves! ;)

Jokes aside, my top 10 would be (in no particular order):

3P(P)
6P(PP)
33P
16P
4P+K
2P+K46P
H+K
6_K
1P
41236T

I like how short his Strings are..... performing combos with Gen Fu is like playing with a less Complex Akira.

Unlike Eliot..... who is chock full of Awkward Moves.... if only he had Hitomi's Parry then all would be well.....

Gen Fu is awesome though. I mean how many Characters can get this reaction :eek: just by throwing out a kick every now and then. ;)

KING JAIMY

I like how short his Strings are..... performing combos with Gen Fu is like playing with a less Complex Akira.

Unlike Eliot..... who is chock full of Awkward Moves.... if only he had Hitomi's Parry then all would be well.....

Gen Fu is awesome though. I mean how many Characters can get this reaction :eek: just by throwing out a kick every now and then. ;)
Lol I like how you see him as a less complex Akira, you're right! He usually ends his combos with single hits or 3-part strings like Akira.

indieanimator

I've been playing the game more, and specifically Gen Fu since my costume entry was used for this year's Halloween.
I wrote down a bunch of stuff in this topic so I don't forget, but was wondering what to do after 236 T.
The opponent flies up & I can't seem to do anything before they hit the ground.

Not sure how to get to them in time, then the combo is: 4 P&K, 8P, 6P, P, P&K... or do the catch (T)?

Last edited:

Lulu

I've been playing the game more, and specifically Gen Fu since my costume entry was used for this year's Halloween.
I wrote down a bunch of stuff in this topic so I don't forget, but was wondering what to do after 236 T.
The opponent flies up & I can't seem to do anything before they hit the ground.

Not sure how to get to them in time, then the combo is: 4 P&K, 8P, 6P, P, P&K... or do the catch (T)?

Its all about Buffering That Forward Dash..... if you can do that then you can use whatever move you feel would be most beneficial based on your position.

The two primary follow ups to that throw are :4::P+K: and :3_::P: just like the Combo Challenge shows but there are other methods..... you can try dashing in and :8::P: if you're not in the mood for those other two options.... I do it when I'm feeling Lazy.

But yeah its all in the dash..... remember the Dashing animation can be cancelled...... I've learned that :4::P+K: requires a "Partial Dash" , as I like to call it..... lol I do it so fast sometimes you don't see the animation clearly but :4::P+K: still connects.

Hope that was helpful...... I've never once taken Gen Fu out of training mode. ;)

indieanimator

Its all about Buffering That Forward Dash..... if you can do that then you can use whatever move you feel would be most beneficial based on your position.

The two primary follow ups to that throw are :4::P+K: and :3_::P: just like the Combo Challenge shows but there are other methods..... you can try dashing in and :8::P: if you're not in the mood for those other two options.... I do it when I'm feeling Lazy.

But yeah its all in the dash..... remember the Dashing animation can be cancelled...... I've learned that :4::P+K: requires a "Partial Dash" , as I like to call it..... lol I do it so fast sometimes you don't see the animation clearly but :4::P+K: still connects.

Hope that was helpful...... I've never once taken Gen Fu out of training mode. ;)
OK, thanks- that should help once I get to playing again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD