System TopTier Tips guide For help with DOA5 including LR.

KING JAIMY

A very interesting read right there! Very well made, just the way you guys wrote it made me read the whole guide. The guide was clearly organized and I recommend any aspiring DOA player to read this carefully.

Now, I am going to resume my training on Fuzzy Guarding, which is in my opinion the hardest advanced technique to utilize. Also, might wanna mention that Fuzzy Guarding gets you out of most reset throws (like Honoka's, Rig's, and Hitomi's).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Good Stuff. Few formatting issues and terminology discrepancies though. Plus, no mention of the Free Step system. Other than that, good design and content so far. Look forward to further revisions and additions. There's a few players who are looking to create similar character guides and would be good to share assets for consistency.

TheRealCoxinator

Now all we need to do is get Eliot and Brad to Christie Tier, removing Christie from the game in order for her to becomre a tier. They could even make this the doa6 story. Also don't forget about every other character.

Time to start a petition or create a group suicide cult to carry out these dreams.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Now all we need to do is get Eliot and Brad to Christie Tier, removing Christie from the game in order for her to becomre a tier. They could even make this the doa6 story. Also don't forget about every other character.

Time to start a petition or create a group suicide cult to carry out these dreams.
If it compensates for anything, I'm planning a suicide at NEC...

But seriously though, those two you mentioned still have potential in the right hands.

lotr9690

Fantastic! I step away from Freestep for a month and this happens! ;)

I'm not usually so pleasantly surprised LOL! This is a great guide. My friends are still learning the game. With all the online support I get from this community it's really easy to teach people at the arcades/tournaments who are struggling and stuff. Plus I learn something too. Win-win!

lotr9690

What in the fuck guys :confused:? We're supposed to be helping the community learn and appreciate the game. Not attempt to scare them off...
Exactly. It's better to be encouraging. The more that a newbie can appreciate DoA the more likely it will be she or he will come to tournaments and have fun. Things like this guide make the community seem more welcome and approachable. If we keep trying to hide stuff like basic tech, who's gonna play in the states? Where else can they really go? Maybe DoA Central but... Nothing against DoA Central, at all... FreeStep seems a lot more focused on the fighting aspect, we'll say. lol ;)

I've been a fan of DoA a really long time and my experience on FreeStep is hands down the MOST supportive site, even though I live in Japan and can't really make it to many tournaments in the States. So... to all newbies who are reading this just know you are in the right place. :)

Kohlrak

The intro feels like it addresses outsiders, yet the guide runs you through things as if you've played fighter before. Other than that, it seems to be a pretty good summary of all the tips on FSD. If you mix it, TN's tutorials, character specific tutorials (that reflect the terminology of this guide), and something that actually helps you practice the execution of these tips (there's no practical way to test the execution of anything other than the combos as of right now), you'll have a powerful combination.

EDIT: There's one issue that all that would not affect, but, i don't think that a tutorial would help for it. If we had a psychology or psychiatry major on the site, i'd love to talk to them about the issue, but i have a feeling we don't.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I've made an interesting observation, I find what separates the exceptional players from average players is that exceptional players actually make the effort to level themselves up without having to have their hand held for everything or complaining. Tools and information is out there. It's up to the individual players to make something out of it.

Last edited:

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
The intro feels like it addresses outsiders, yet the guide runs you through things as if you've played fighter before.
The tips are intended for players who understand the basic fundamentals of fighter games. If you've never played DOA5 before, I suggest you order the Dead or Alive 5: Official Game Guide. If you're looking to find ways to step into the pro world of DOA5 without being too intimidated by frame data, Top Tier Tips is for you.

Kohlrak

The tips are intended for players who understand the basic fundamentals of fighter games. If you've never played DOA5 before, I suggest you order the Dead or Alive 5: Official Game Guide. If you're looking to find ways to step into the pro world of DOA5 without being too intimidated by frame data, Top Tier Tips is for you.

Pretty much, yet it still introduces notation and the like, which we would already know. In effect, i think the guide doesn't know what it wants to be, but that's ok. If it's mixed with the right other resources it doesn't become a problem.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD