We are Fighters

DOA5LR Version 1.10 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by deathofaninja, May 16, 2017.

By deathofaninja on May 16, 2017 at 11:43 PM
  1. deathofaninja

deathofaninja Well-Known Member
    News Team

Main Character:
    ALPHA-152

Team NINJA is coming out with a lot of new, successful content and while Nioh might be a huge priority at the moment it's nice to see patch updates are still coming out for DOA5 almost five years after it was released. This patch doesn't add a lot, but it does change a few things up and the community is talking about it.

You can watch Master stream his response to Hayabusa's changes live via Twitch. He is now presenting Ryu Hayabusa and the History of the Handstand.

After researching the patch it is nice to see that bugs are fixed and that Team NINJA continues to work on the presentation of the game, and buff the Subway Danger Zone on the Streets. Environmental changes to the system are usually always worth it. Have you discovered anything cool for your character? Anything... bad?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    samuraihachi and Jaguar360 like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by deathofaninja, May 16, 2017.

1. WAZAAAAA
      WAZAAAAA
      absolutely disgusting, they keep toning down 'busa in every imaginable way
      VAND1TA likes this.
    2. Mr. Wah
      Mr. Wah
      It was a mistranslation anyways. I didn't realize I'd be quoted when I was being a little egregious with it. I updated my comment.
    3. KasumiLover69
    4. WAZAAAAA
      WAZAAAAA
      still a bad nerf, the whole purpose of using busa's handstand moves is the airborne status...
      VAND1TA likes this.
    5. CatzDaLegit
      CatzDaLegit
      Does this mean I'm OH that handset every chance I get now? hmm maybe I should read the notes before commenting LOL.
    6. Rikuto
      Rikuto
      I thought the purpose of Hayabusa's handstand was to look swag af.
    7. UncleKitchener
      UncleKitchener
      No stealth changes so far.
    8. Brute
      Brute
      That's the only reason to use the character in general.

I'm pretty sure in DOA6 he will be a comatose quadriplegic.
      Jaguar360 and VAND1TA like this.
    9. Rikuto
      Rikuto
      Ahhh... Karma.
    10. Brute
      Brute
      More like guilt by association. Which is dumb.
      VAND1TA likes this.
    11. SilverForte
      SilverForte
      So from what Master demonstrated the change was basically just making the startup of the move crouch status instead of airborne. If you hit him out of it he will still fall to the ground like usual, but now it will crush highs due to the new crouch property. And low OH will knock him out of it, but only if the OH connects before the handstand becomes active. So all in all its kinda half and half, against chars without a low OH which is about 2/3 of the cast it is a straight buff.
    12. Mr. Wah
      Mr. Wah
      Master's take on the change:

Personally I think Buff #1 is placebo. To my knowledge, state such as stand, crouch, squat, or jump are attributes that affect what happens when you get hit. It doesn't affect the evasiveness of a hurtbox when it collides with a Hit box.
    13. WAZAAAAA
      WAZAAAAA
      well, crouching status is invincible to high strikes/throws/OH, hitboxes are ignored
      example of immunity against highs even though the hitbox collides with the hurtbox
      [​IMG]
      moves that involve air frames make everything behave weird though

if people gonna start doin low OHs to catch ma handstands I'm gonna shit bricks though lol
      Last edited: May 18, 2017
    14. Brute
      Brute
      YOLO 33T spams may become a thing.

New bot skills.
      Jaguar360 and VAND1TA like this.
    15. TheDragonAwakens
      TheDragonAwakens
      Still does not change the fact that the follow ups of the handstand kick are shitty on block. K follow up is very unsafe. P follow up is very easy to react to, opponents can just beat the shit out of you with 9P follow up.
    16. Legendary Goken
      Legendary Goken
      But that Leon drown damage tho! :leon:
    17. RiBu
      RiBu
      What does this mean?
      Raidou- 7K: Added Cross Hit possibility.
    18. Forlorn Penguin
      Forlorn Penguin
      Yeah, I don't really understand it.
    19. Mr. Wah
      Mr. Wah
      Close hit.

What's to not understand? They added a new hit to cause damage when choking them in the air before drowning them. As such they balanced out the other damage so the throw kept the same total damage. Additionally they normalized the damage across the move to help with time out situations instead of all the damage being done at the end.