Weirdest Online Moments

Argentus

lol. Joined a lobby. They switched to tag. I pick Mila/Leon and proceed to win using all their tools. I'm just baiting holds and using mixup to get them on the ground for ground grapples (aka, Mila/Leon mount beatdowns). Just basic stuff like backing up, then seeing them run at me and when they attack, SS+P>7K>6P+K>9K>2T, P P P with Mila, and leg sweeps and overheads with Leon. Stuff like that, nothing complicated.

They say i'm a grabfag and I suck because i'm "not even doing any combos". Keep in mind I'm not even using the same grabs. I'm just lolling because they don't know what a grappler is.

So they switch to being Rachel/Ryu and catch me in a deathloop where you just do rachels grab then flip kick with ryu then rachels grab, repeat. As in, ACTUALLY SPAMMING after calling me a grab spammer despite doing a wide variety of grapple tactics including holds. I got a giggle out of the idiocy of the hypocrisy there.

So way to go,
DeathlyFlash and TaigaAisaka lol.

Hazard

Standard Donor
Ooh, ooh, I can actually post something here now.

I joined a lobby around 5-6 AM with only 1 other dude and only played as Akira. Eventually he called me a boring person and said that people like me made him stop playing. I would have made a ravishing retort, but I was too tired to do anything. So I just beat him until he switched to spectator.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I had a weird moment today. I played online with Ayane and actually got a win streak going.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Today I joined a tag lobby where the host specifically didn't want anyone doing tag combos. The name of the player running the lobby is not important at this time, but this time around I went and played. As a bit of a social experiment, I deliberately lost my first match just to see what they would say if I lost my match without using tag combos. But instead, the weirdest thing happened. They didn't kick me out nor sent me hatemail.

Eventually I ran it back seriously, and there were no pop-offs. There was however one incident where I was randomly accused of using a tag combo (which I wasn't), and it turned out someone was upset that I was still winning despite the stipulation. Thankfully, the host was the voice of reason, and not only did I continue to play, I ended up actually being cool with these people.

This was no ordinary tag lobby. Normally I would get kicked even if I played by their rules and won too much, but nope. These guys can be reasoned with. I even told the host about this site. Hopefully he'll consider visiting. Either way, it was a weird and interesting night.

Intelligent Alpha

Again, these aren't weird moments! They are all pretty standard given its online!

I had this one player fucking follow me! After I beat his Spambusa and beat the shit out of his Tina + Bayman ... note he's also talking shit to/about the friends I play with being an asshole to them, too! Naturally, he writes shit in the chatbox and sends me hatemail (which I haven't read). "You use a broken character!" after I broke the three that I just mentioned! Online! I swear! The second lobby he follow me into, he got kicked!

I find it very weird how players are considered garbage (me, for instance); yet, when the challenge is declined ... 'I'm garbage! I rather not waste your time!' The arrogance! *Sigh* It's like talking out of both ass cheeks!

Chapstick

I was in a lobby and the fight was about to start and right after the intro poses a message popped up that said "communication check failed" and I automatically lost and every single person was kicked out of the lobby at once.

I was sort of thankful because my opponent and I both picked random and he got Christie while I got Bass lol

lotr9690

Laggy matches against Rig = endless kicking and pressure ._.

tumblr_mloif9t0rp1rvnnvyo1_250.gif

Just kidding. ;)

I don't use him. He's not sexy enough. But I know exactly what you mean. I just start spamming high hold and mid kick hold haha.

Last edited:

Darth Lotonic X

Weird shit happened the other day. I was in a lobby and inputs weren't being registered in the character select screen. I picked Random and got Christie, and he picked Nyotengu but when the match started I was controlling Nyotengu instead of Christie.

Here's a video of it (Go to 10:30): http://www.twitch.tv/unsafermike2002/b/593835414

You can tell something went wrong immediately because it said we both picked Nyotengu(I went Random), and then we switched sides at the beginning of the match. Other than that and the constant freezing, it just looks like a normal (albeit shitty) match, but anyone who knows me could tell that I wasn't controlling Christie in the match.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I joined an online clan on PSN and managed to be "cool" with Gunmodz. We talked for a bit, even revealed who I was and everything. A few days later, I arrive in the lobby, and he kicked me out without so much as an explanation. To add insult to injury, his fellow clan members threw shade when I came in.

I was naive, so naive.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
When they throw shade you either A) throw shade right back B) destroy them C) throw shade right back and destroy them
live fast die young bad girls do it well

Argentus

joined a lobby. someone named
iPurgeAndBehead
. They had like a 20 win streak, i found out it was because they were just straight rushdown mashing and force techs. Making sure opponent couldn't get out of stun or punish or really even play or anything (Prime example of why I say force techs should be removed, btw) they kept playing me until I won a single round then kicked me, refusing to play me after I won a single round.

Seriously?!

Brute

Standard Donor
iPurgeAndBehead
. They had like a 20 win streak, i found out it was because they were just straight rushdown mashing and force techs. Making sure opponent couldn't get out of stun or punish or really even play or anything (Prime example of why I say force techs should be removed, btw) they kept playing me until I won a single round then kicked me, refusing to play me after I won a single round.

Seriously?!
Strange. I beat them several times consecutively before leaving and they never kicked me.

Did you do something impulsive like taunt or type something insulting?

Argentus

Strange. I beat them several times consecutively before leaving and they never kicked me.

Did you do something impulsive like taunt or type something insulting?
nah, i'm on wifi, so I'm chalking it up to them not wanting to deal with lag, but it was kinda suspicious that they only kicked me RIGHT after I won a round. A lagless round.

lotr9690

iPurgeAndBehead

Seriously?!
(At your side-note: I agree with you about force techs. Force techs are really frustrating! I'm not entirely sure if removing them would be best but perhaps limiting them in some other way but yeah... for instance, Rachel
I use this scene exclusively when talking about one of the Female DOA cast members that annoy me. Members of FSD will come to recognize this seen in the next couple of months lol)

I have a weird story. I was feeling really silly on a ranked match a while ago so right when the match starts I had Ayane flip backwards and safely run off to the other corner of the stage and blocked, taunted jumped around, got really close and didn't hit and he did the same. It was fun. Then the second round rolls around and its a double KO. I've never as a player gotten a double KO in my life. I didn't even know that was a thing. But that's not the weird part. The weird part is that it happened three times, until it defaulted me as the winner. The goof ball who wasn't trying. I was lucky the other guy was such a good sport about it. Instant buddies! It's something about being at the same level of skill (or incompetence lol) that really resonates between two players. :)

Last edited:

Dark_Ky

Hmm I think I finally have a weird moment to share with you guys lol.

I accepted a throwdown to a Brad Wong player and responded with my Tina. However, I lost. Soon after, I sent a throwdown to that said player just to get my revenge lolol. Still using his Brad, I won with Nyotengu.

Then, he messaged me with the conversation as follows:

IAmTheGame80: damn you make me hard i let you win, pls more
*he sent a friend request*
IAmTheGame80: you can punish me?
Me: punish? what?
IAmTheGame80: take girls and beat me
Me: ok!
IAmThe Game80: I can be your slave?
Me: no ;)
IAmTheGame80: *blah blah he has to leave*
*he goes offline*

.... cya later bitch insta-delete ciao

met this guy too I think. he was like: "I am Masochist would you dominate me by girl?"
knowing your experience with him I simply replied "no"

well I guess there are days where somehow you dont want to play and still do.
so I joined a room and just switched from char to char and I didnt really put much effort into it.
but I guess someone took somehow offence when I chose alpha and had a couple wins with her.

IMAG0460.jpg

usually I do not waste any time and thought on these online scrubs but the irony with his PSN-tag and his message made me chuckle a little bit lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD