Well its official Irene will never be playable

Im very sad to see Team Ninja confirming they dont care for Irene. So what was the purpose of that Ninja

Gaiden Razors Edge cameo? I mean so they dont like Robert from the NES series also?

Dont get me wrong I love Momiji & Rachel alot! But i wanted to see the first Lady of Tecmo Irene fight.

I dont know who runs the Dead or Alive Facebook page but i copy & pasted what he wrote to me.

TeamNinja: Irene is not well recieved, not everyone likes her. Thank you for your opinion and support.

Last edited:

Dark-truth

No offense but Irene was always a background character like Ayame. I understand people want her but in the end she's just a background character who just happens to help hayabusa.

P2p1mbs

TN once said they didn't plan on adding in Rachel as well but look what happened to her. Granted, Rachel's depictions after her first appearance made her far more capable as opposed to Irene who became reduced to a mission control role/damsel in distress. Overall, as disappointed I am about this, I guess its fine, DOA already has 4 blonde girls (and one blonde guy who looks like one) so adding in another seems unnecessary (especially since she's another blonde American).

Dark-truth

TN once said they didn't plan on adding in Rachel as well but look what happened to her. Granted, Rachel's depictions after her first appearance made her far more capable as opposed to Irene who became reduced to a mission control role/damsel in distress. Overall, as disappointed I am about this, I guess its fine, DOA already has 4 blonde girls (and one blonde guy who looks like one) so adding in another seems unnecessary (especially since she's another blonde American).
Rachel isn't American. Zack, bass, and Lisa are America

Sotherius

The real question is, when is Muramasa going to be playable?

About Irene, i guess she wouldn't be competent without guns, since it seems she is very useless without them in Ninja Gaiden.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Um, you actually got that wrong. It wasn't Team Ninja who said that, it was Itagaki who said that.

Aven Kujo-Gin

TeamNinja: Irene is not well recieved, not everyone likes her. Thank you for your opinion and support.
Oh well, not everyone need to like a character in orden to make it into the game.
And to make it clear, right now, Irene is more relevant to DOA than Momiji and Rachel. At least she appeared in dimensions. The other two are just bonus characters with no role in the story.
Also, it doesn't matter if she only uses guns. Rachel and Momiji also use weapons in NG. The problem is that TN is very lazy to design a whole new movelist. Just look at the characters we got since vanilla, Marie was the only one with a completely new moves. The rest have a lot of copy paste or have take the styles from DOA4.
Don't worry, anything can happen, if people requested her enough she will playable sooner or later.
However, we will have to wait for DOA6.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Oh well, not everyone need to like a character in orden to make it into the game.
And to make it clear, right now, Irene is more relevant to DOA than Momiji and Rachel. At least she appeared in dimensions. The other two are just bonus characters with no role in the story.
Also, it doesn't matter is she only uses guns. Rachel and Momiji also use weapons in NG. The problem is that TN is very lazy to design a whole new movelist. Just look at the characters we got since vanilla, Marie was the only one with a completely new moves. The rest have a lot of copy paste or have take the styles from DOA4.
Don't worry, anything can happen, if people requested her enough she will playable sooner or later.
However, we will have to wait for DOA6.

Hey...Momiji and Rachel can have more story involvement when DOA6 comes around like Marie Rose, Honoka, Cyborg Raidou(since he has no memories of his actions anymore past EVIL!) and Nyotengu.

Sotherius

Rachel and Momiji also use weapons in NG.
One is a ninja trained by Ryu Hayabusa, meaning that having training in martial arts is expected from her.

The other is a half fiend that has super human strenght.

You can see both of them fighting without weapons... But irene? She loses her guns, she is in a bad spot.

But i can see her in a DOA game with some weird fighting technique that she got from her special agent training or something.

Hey...Momiji and Rachel can have more story involvement when DOA6 comes around like Marie Rose, Honoka, Cyborg Raidou(since he has no memories of his actions anymore past EVIL!) and Nyotengu.
DOA 6... Will probably be focused around Phase 4, but Honoka and Raidou are probably going to be something, Momiji and Rachel, probably supporting cast, but who knows.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I mean right now. Since we don't know what TN is gonna do in the future with those characters,
One is a ninja trained by Ryu Hayabusa, meaning that having training in martial arts is expected from her.

The other is a half fiend that has super human strenght.

You can see both of them fighting without weapons... But irene? She loses her guns, she is in a bad spot.

But i can see her in a DOA game with some weird fighting technique that she got from her special agent training or something.
You are right with Rachel and Momiji, they have show how strong they are before. The main problem with Irene is that has been always the damsel in distress. TN has been sell her as if she was a weak character and she is useless without weapons. However, what can a CIA agent do against monster and demons? It's obviously that she is always being kidnapped.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Still couldn't figure out what was so great about Irene. Looked up the entire timeline of NG/Conections. Still couldn't figure out why she was great.

I am unsure if people just like her because of the CIA gimmick as some sort of turn on without actually telling people that it is, or they actually like that character for no reason at all. (Now I won't be the bad guy to say she shouldn't come at all, but I do question some of you as to why. You could ask for an entirely new character or someone else, but instead it's Irene which is difficult to grasp in liking her.)

Last edited:

Sotherius

Still couldn't figure out what was so great about Irene. Looked up the entire timeline of NG/Conections. Still couldn't figure out why she was great.

I am unsure if people just like her because of the CIA gimmick as some sort of turn on without actually telling people that it is, or they actually like that character for no reason at all. (Now I won't be the bad guy to say she shouldn't come at all, but I do question some of you as to why. You could ask for an entirely new character or someone else, but instead it's Irene which is difficult to grasp in liking her.)

Well, she is one major character in the very first Ninja Gaiden game. And ryu's love interest. She also has a really cool design from Ninja Gaiden 2 foward (though i believe sonia wasn't supposed to be Irene in the beginning)

I actually never thought of her being in a DOA game, but i imagine her in Ninja Gaiden a lot. (playable).

But she is also related in DOA's story. She could fit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD