What do you think Pai needs?

synce

She's not top anymore but still better than most characters, gave her a good test run on XBL yesterday and it was business as usual. Even with the loss of 66H+K half lifebar combos are more common than ever :cool: (it was mainly her wall game and 214T options that got kinda nerfed)

HoodsXx

I wish I could slap all the people who talk about her and obviously don't know nothing. She's damn amazing still if you guys can't see that I'm disappointed. You can still get her 66H+K to bounce off of the wall getting a 2P+K like you use to. Her 46H+K not bouncing anymore is a good thing and how it was suppose to be anyways. You can now use WR P+KP as an ender now for wall combos. Her 466P+K is godly on wakeup kicks and a good way to knock someone into a dangerzone / partition. Just please ppl. Actually learn the character before you start rqing. The only thing hurting her. Is her having linear strings. Since SS works properly now. Oh and guess what she has now that she didn't have before? A guaranteed CB off of P+K. And what else? 66H+K can link into P+K for another guaranteed CB setup. That's my rant folks.

Tokkosho

^ Its not about getting BT 2P+K for most, it was being able to hit them into the wall then do 66H+K and then possibly being able to do 2P+K or 2PPKK. it was a very solid tool. and whats the point of doing her WR P+KP? you can just do P-P-PPKK or P-PPKK and get more damage, unless you have an actual juggle that puts you in WR (i just poked once or twice and did it and the PPKK option got me more damage with less hassle). Also, her 46H+K still bounces, so idk where that came from (yes it was mentioned, but then pretty soon was shown to be false). and unless your talking about tag, CB isn't guaranteed and a P+K after 66H+K isn't guaranteed.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I dunno if that rage comment was aimed at me, lol.
but, I never said she was bad. I actually said since she has her same ground game (which I find solid) she still has potential. But, you can't deny how good that ground bounce was. When you compare her net damage with everyone else (With the bounce) it was pretty much on par. Now, I feel severely limited with the juggles and am looking for good alternatives but honestly i cant find anything decent.

Also, there was a certain satisfaction in pulling off her bounce juggles cuz they required good timing .. I miss that about them. When you look at Sarah or Akira, their juggle potential is insane!I personally would have been fine with a minor damage nerf like they did with Lei Fang and just kept her as is...

Now her juggles just look stupid .. P, P, P, PPKK ... give or take a P ... Come on .. :/

back to my question:
do u guys have any good follow up to her 6KP3P+KP? If so, pls do share. :)

Tokkosho

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is 6KP7K. I wish Pai's 46H+K didn't wall hit, atleast that way I could get a decent juggle off bear a wall... As is I just poke a few times then FT them if I cb at a wall

Vincent Rayne

for me and the people that are visual learners, do you think we could get some videos of these new combos that we need to start hammering into our subconscious. (at least me. I can't over think things otherwise i miss opportunities. but once i get it down i'm good.) that's mostly how I learn anyway. I see talk about all these combos and whatnot but i've yet to see any of it on screen. (or am i in the wrong place.)

HoodsXx

I'll post some videos soon. @Tamisu 46H+K didn't use to stun before. It was a straight launcher that gave her pretty much nothing off of it. Yes WR P+K P at the wall is a stronger juggle than P.PPKK. Yeah the timing is strict but well worth it if you can pull it off trust me. Her new juggle Emperor Cow if you checked the combo thread is listed there. She can still pull off amazing juggles tho. And @Tamisu P+K doesn't guarantee a CB on Fastest SE. Same with 66H+K - P+K. On fastest you can stop it. Other than that it works just fine.

Tokkosho

ahhh thats what you meant by bounce. honestly i would have preferred it to have stayed the way it was, as it was probably her best mid kick launcher and she already has a good amount of mid kick stuns. And thats the point, if the opponent can stop it it's not guaranteed.

Also, if you wouldn't mind uploading a video of whatever juggle you use WR P+KP in cause for me PPKK always comes out with more damage.

HoodsXx

I'll be sure to do that Tamisu. Its a wall combo btw. But yeah I'll upload a video soon. Taking a small break from DOA for now. Playing PSO instead xD

Tokkosho

Not necessarily a need, but a want.
I want her 466P+K to be a SS option.... i honestly feel her SS attacks are..for lack of a better word, Poo-Poo. if you think otherwise, please share.

Allan Paris

They are "poo-poo" because that's how they are in VF5:FS. She is a guess character to the fullest, so the tracking that I have that some people want on some moves takes away that guess character essence. Does it look like it should track, sure, but it doesn't track in the world she comes from.

I honestly don't mind her not having her moves track. Even in VF, I guess me playing her and being use to her not tracking all that much I've grown to accept and ignore it. Though it would be nice to have some more moves that track, preferably a mid.

Tokkosho

o_O I meant her sidestep attacks, not tracking ones lol. I meant I wanted her 466P+K to be like SS P+K or something

Allan Paris

:confused: I meant her sidestep attacks, not tracking ones lol. I meant I wanted her 466P+K to be like SS P+K or something

Ha! I was on my phone when I read your post. Man, did I misread what you typed, lol my bad.

That would be cool to have for a SS P or P+K. The ones that she have now I don't care for them because their effect is weak. The SS K is the only option that stuns on NH and you can extend the stun from it. The SS P does nothing, only on CH will it stun but the stun can't be extended that well from it.

synce

The Pai board... it breathes! I agree about mid kick launchers, she can't get shit off BT 4K. It's crazy how many things the 66H+K nerf affected. Literally her whole game revolved around it, I wonder if TN will have the balls to undo a nerf.

Codemaster92163

The Pai board... it breathes! I agree about mid kick launchers, she can't get shit off BT 4K. It's crazy how many things the 66H+K nerf affected. Literally her whole game revolved around it, I wonder if TN will have the balls to undo a nerf.

Her :4::K: from BT isn't necessarily bad. For example, off of the combo :2::P::+::K::4: > :P::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :4::K: (on any of the lightweights), you can get :P: :4::6::h::+::K: > :3::3::P::+::K: > :6::K::P::7::K:

Also, I occasionally substitute :4::K: from backturned (such as after using :4::4::P:) for :9::K: if only because it looks cool and, when they're at a red stun threshold, you can get :2::P::P::K::K: for pretty nice damage

Tokkosho

But that combo after BT4K Is only lightweights, the only mid kick launcher worth mentioning is BOK H+K ( I don't like the standing version of it)

Codemaster92163

It's the only one worth mentioning if you strictly look at its damage. Aside from that, you still have her force techs off of every single launch of hers, so in essence, every launch is a semi-decent launch. If you're going for max damage, you may as well skip her BT :4::K: launch and instead opt for her :4::P::+::K::P: > :P: CB instead.

That's where she has some good mix-up potential. Most people automatically counter Mid Punch/Kick as soon as she enters backturned from moves like :P::P::4::P: or :4::4::P: , so you just mix up any one of her mid kick launches (followed by the force tech, if you so choose), her :2::P::+::K:: , or her CB so long as they're in a low enough stun for it all to connect. I really love that CB because it has a built-in delay, so people who spam counters get hit by it often. Hell, even :2::P::4: > :h::+::K:: or :P: is an amazing mixup after that.

Ever since they nerfed her :6::6::h::+::K: , it's become apparent that she's not meant for insane air juggles anymore, but rather her amazing throws and counters (some of them do offer nice guaranteed damage) because each one provides her with mix-up opportunities, and that's where she shines. Because she has so many moves that can flow into others and the usefulness of that force tech, the lack of any great mid-kick launch isn't that harmful.

Codemaster92163

I feel weird having been the most recent poster in a lot of these threads, but eh, doesn't matter.

As I was thinking about it more, I really, really wish Pai had a throw option from her MS stance (and from back turned in general). Not that it would be a new throw, but preferably one of her others, such as 24T or 64T. There's not much to fear from that stance or BT in general because none of it gives her any frame advantage (save for :4::P:) , much of it can be punished on block mid string (a high crush for her MS :h::+::K::P::K:, any quick mid for her MS :P: and MS :P::P:, low jab her 2P____ strings). That said, her BT and MS attacks are pretty nice on hit, especially when used in the middle of a combo, such as her MS :P: for the sit-down and CB afterwords, so giving us a throw option to use her MS or 44P or other comparable attacks as an alternative to attacking would be really nice.

I would like it if MS :P: was not absurdly horrible on block, either. As it is, and like I kind of said above, there's no reason to even do :P::P: because the third punch can be beaten out by most anyone quick enough to attack, anyways. I'm not saying it should give her frame advantage or anything or even be safe, but to at least make the mix-up (two punches into BKT or the three punches) an ACTUAL mix-up instead of making it useless once the first two connect.

Faster attacks from her HKS stance would be greatly appreciated. That would mean she won't always be beaten out by low jabs every time she tries to enter it off block. I mean, she always has the option to do a different attack instead of transitioning into the stance, of course, but it still feels sluggish on occasion, and most characters with stance transitions can do so through the safety of frames, but not Pai. That's just a personal thing I want since I'm rather fond of that stance and its mix-ups to open up an opponent's defences.

Reduce the recovery from her :3::P:_:K::h:. I would add that tracking would be nice, but we have :3::P::K: if we think they'll sidestep anyways. If the recovery were lessened, the cancel would be far more useful, and because of that, so would the kick itself. As it stands now, the opponent can always hold for the kick. Even if you cancel, the length of time it takes her to recover is so long that you get nothing for them guessing wrong. It's her only guard break, and it's a really nice launcher, but it's so slow and the fake-out so worthless (offline at least) that tweaking that one aspect of the move will allow us to make better use of it.

It would be really nice if her SS :P: or SS :K: could continue into their non-SS counterparts. Like using SS :P::9::P::+::K: or SS :K::P::7::K: , similar to how Zack's SS :P: works.

And, of course, a decent mid-kick launcher. If they made that improvement I mentioned above, we'd technically have one, since we could either opt for the "super launch" or the feint/throw, but I'd rather have her :3::h::+::K: or :6::h::+::K: offer us something decent.

*a small little change I would appreciate would be a better stun off of :h::+::K: that actually lets her follow up with another attack*

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD