What method of sidestepping is everyone using?

franman

I would use double tap if it's on control pad.

If it's arcade stick or in this case Hitbox I would use P+G+K.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I ended up switching from pressing up up or down down because I would actually sidestep by accident and it was messing with my inputs. I now prefer the other method.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I use 8H+P+K/2H+P+K. I never even tried 88/22 because it seemed like it could end up happening by accident when simply moving or maybe even doing move inputs. I don't know, 88/22 just doesn't sound good to me. 88/22 is a slower input than 8H+P+K/2H+P+K too.

Also shouldn't this be in the DOA5 forum?

ookamunka

8/2+3Buttons all the way. Not only do I never accidently get sidesteps that way, but it's quicker to execute.

Am I blind or is there no way to change the sidestep method in the middle of a match (like how you pause and change your control layout)? Seems like you can only change your actual buttons there and not the sidestep method.

XV MR ARMANI

I been playing Tekken for so long the double tap method has been something I've been doing for a while so I chose that. I've heard that 2H+P+K/8H+P+K is more effective cause its has a quicker input but idk.

DUBBA TAPP ALL DAY BABYY!

HiguraShiki

8H+P+K/2H+P+K since it's much easier than double tapping 8 or 2. Trust me, if you guys switch to it, you will be SS'ing moves much easier than before.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The only thing I hate about the 8H+P+K/2H+P+K method is that pressing H+P+K without pressing 8 or 2 acts the same as pressing P for some reason. So sometimes, if I accidentally hit H+P+K a nanosecond before 8 or 2 (instead of at the same time) it makes me just do the character's P attack. I wish I could disable that.

HiguraShiki

The only thing I hate about the 8H+P+K/2H+P+K method is that pressing H+P+K without pressing 8 or 2 acts the same as pressing P for some reason. So sometimes, if I accidentally hit H+P+K a nanosecond before 8 or 2 (instead of at the same time) it makes me just do the character's P attack. I wish I could disable that.
I do agree this does happen sometimes, but it's still a hell of a lot easier than accidently sidestepping due to 22/88.

loralei

:2: :2: for me. :F+P+K: seems so blocky to me! I usually side step on instinct, and i usually find it easier to go for two buttons than three all at once.

Brute

Standard Donor
I know, but even when I input :P+K: I end up going for both buttons rather than the button I set it to. :confused: Muscle memory, I guess, since thats what it I did playing DoA growing up.
It's strange, but it very much depends on the attack for me. For example, with Ryu:
4P+K=Press P & K
1P+K=Press P & K
2P+K=Press L1
5P+K=Press L1
6P+K=Press L1
236P+K=Press P & K

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD