What system should the DOA IPL League be played on?

Which system would you rather compete on in the DOA IPL league?

• Total voters

Chaos

None because both of them suck. I rather choose the Vita if it turns out as good as the console versions.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm not voting on this one since I can deal with either. I think if IPL goes with PS3 though, then the tournament standard should follow suit as the grassroots events are going to be more like 'qualifiers' or the 'minors' towards IPL.

DR2K

Thats Sony's dumbass fault & besides, both versions sucks. :(

360 version runs great. The extra frame in lag is adjustable, but why not just use the 360 version for IPL. SFIV also suffers from this on PS3. Since IPL is using both games, then 360 should be the better choice overall.

Chaos

360 version runs great. The extra frame in lag is adjustable, but why not just use the 360 version for IPL. SFIV also suffers from this on PS3. Since IPL is using both games, then 360 should be the better choice overall.
I never experience input lag on Tekken 6 and like I said, Sony is so fucking retarded that they should discontinue the PS3 while they still can and I see why you got rid of yours. You see.. Microsoft knows what they're doing when it comes to gaming & I give them respect for that but Sony? Pfff..they need to focus on making TV's & laptops because they don't know what their doing & no one cares about their laggy ass game console anyways.

DrDogg

Absolute Battle was run on 360. Were there any major complaints? I don't recall any.

NEC was run on PS3. Were there any major complaints? I don't recall any.

Both consoles have their pros and cons when it comes to DOA5.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
For NEC you had about as many complaints as I would expect, but it was easily a majority of complaints. Basically I'd say from what I saw you had about 10% of the players who showed using Xbox 360 Controllers with converters, and add about 5-7% for players who attempted to play with the PS3 controller with disdain. Most everyone else either used arcade sticks or didn't vocalize their complaints to me.

Berzerk!

We run all DOA5 tournaments here on 360 for what its worth. People shouldn't assume PS3 dominance as it changes from event to event and EVO appears to be something of an outlier. Mostly it comes down to "community preference" but usually doesn't matter.

A good reason to be able to play on stick as that's less adjustment if its not on your favourite system.

For the record, Australia wide the majors, such as the upcoming Ozhadou Nationals 11 (yes 11 years running) run predominantly on 360 - thats for SF4, Marvel, KOF, VF5FS, the exceptions have been SC5 (though it was on 360 for most of the year), and Tekken, Namco players seem a bit more wedded to Sony.

It mostly affects pad players from what I can tell, but I've also had feedback from our stream teams that 360 is much easier to work with.

Chaos

X360 = less input lag than PS3, so, X360.
This is how I see it.....

Tekken=PS3

DOA=360

Japan=PS3

USA=360

We run all DOA5 tournaments here on 360 for what its worth. People shouldn't assume PS3 dominance as it changes from event to event and EVO appears to be something of an outlier. Mostly it comes down to "community preference" but usually doesn't matter.

A good reason to be able to play on stick as that's less adjustment if its not on your favourite system.

For the record, Australia wide the majors, such as the upcoming Ozhadou Nationals 11 (yes 11 years running) run predominantly on 360 - thats for SF4, Marvel, KOF, VF5FS, the exceptions have been SC5 (though it was on 360 for most of the year), and Tekken, Namco players seem a bit more wedded to Sony.

It mostly affects pad players from what I can tell, but I've also had feedback from our stream teams that 360 is much easier to work with.
No love for PS3, thats bad bad news for lame Sony. XD

DrDogg

Have they fixed the bug where the primary player (whoever pressed start at the title screen) has to be in a VS match for the match to begin?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

That's because the 360 doesn't have HDCP so the streamers can record via HDMI. The PS3 does force HDCP over HDMI so you have to buy a converter to remove the HDCP and go from HDMI to Component.

Japan=PS3

USA=360

Actually, in my experience it's the other way around. Japan's fighting games are done on 360 due to the 1 frame delay on the PS3. Yes, even Street Fighter. America uses the PS3 due to tradition mainly, and that every other event generally will use PS3 for most of the fighting games unless not available on the PS3.

Have they fixed the bug where the primary player (whoever pressed start at the title screen) has to be in a VS match for the match to begin?

No, and I doubt they're going to because I don't think they think it's a bug (it's a design decision for how to handle multiple controllers/profiles on one system to follow the certification guidelines I bet). Either way, we haven't had much of a problem in the past for either system in this regard. I'm surprised, as I remember having 1000s of issues with controller switching on the 360, and even in my hotel room during summer jam at one point.

It's likely going to be on whatever system Capcom games will be run on.
Most likely

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD