What system should the DOA IPL League be played on?

Which system would you rather compete on in the DOA IPL league?

• Total voters

IceMage95

I would rather prefer DOA5 to be played on the 360 for IPL. The series has been a staple on the Xbox since DOA3. I'm too used to using the 360 controller to switch over to the DualShock. If the PS3 is going to be used, I might just try to invest in a converter and a wired 360 controller. The DualShock just doesn't fit my finger layout. Not only that, but I just can't afford a PS3 and another copy of DOA5. I'm not sure how the transition is from the 360 to PS3 for DOA5 since I've never touched the final version of DOA5 on the PS3.

d3v

Since MadCatz is sponsoring the IPL, they'll probably come out with IPL branded pro-pads anyway. I mean, SBO already used the MLG version for SCV based on player recommendation (by EVO2k12 champ Shining Decopon).

Chaos

I would rather prefer DOA5 to be played on the 360 for IPL. The series has been a staple on the Xbox since DOA3. I'm too used to using the 360 controller to switch over to the DualShock. If the PS3 is going to be used, I might just try to invest in a converter and a wired 360 controller. The DualShock just doesn't fit my finger layout. Not only that, but I just can't afford a PS3 and another copy of DOA5. I'm not sure how the transition is from the 360 to PS3 for DOA5 since I've never touched the final version of DOA5 on the PS3.
The PS3 version is no different & the 1 input delay is not as bad as everybody claim & it doesn't exist when Im playing Tekken. Therefore, the PS3 version is a blast to play, just don't let the dumbass PS3/360 fanboys brainwash you lol. ;)

NukNuks

The PS3 version is no different & the 1 input delay is not as bad as everybody claim & it doesn't exist when Im playing Tekken. Therefore, the PS3 version is a blast to play, just don't let the dumbass PS3/360 fanboys brainwash you lol. ;)
Can you break throws on reaction? This stuff matters when you're playing a Tina player or if you're trying to break a normal throw in general. No one is saying the PS3 version isn't fun, it's dope that DOA is on both consoles now. The community needed that shit. The community needs IPL also and we're very fortunate to have our game picked up them. What the community DOESN'T need is for our game to be played on a system that can't hold it's own on the speed it's SUPPOSED to be played on, especially if it's going to be played at high level. That 1 frame of difference matters. Matches/Sets/Rounds all have the potential to be decided on that 1 frame of quickness. Seriously, who wants to get befuddled by sum BS like that? This is a game of reading, reaction, speed, timing, and precision. And I need all that shit flow together to play the best game I can.

Take a look at the numbers Dr. Dogg. The community is speaking and these numbers are leaning towards one side. For our community to play iPL DOA on PS3 is like saying the Tekken community will start having all of their majors on the 360! That is not going to fly with them and this obviously doesn't fly with us.

But hey, if the PS3 version is what is chosen at the end of the day then so be it. This topic let's everyone (Team Ninja and IGN included) know that our community has a voice and we're going to speak it.

We trippy mane.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There were a lot of complaints at NEC about having to play on PS3, actually. I actually can't play my main on the PS3 pad at all. If it does go that route, I'd need to buy a third party controller with a better dpad.

Chaos

I've read that Dice got rid of that stupid 1 frame delay for Battlefield 3, TN needs to do the same.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
There were a lot of complaints at NEC about having to play on PS3, actually. I actually can't play my main on the PS3 pad at all. If it does go that route, I'd need to buy a third party controller with a better dpad.

I'm looking into that $80 Power A pad that Xcal was using. It felt more stiff than I'm used to from a pad, but I got every single input I actually intended for... and a stiff pad probably means it won't break very fast.

Chaos

Thats strange, I can play as Ryu just fine the PS3. o_O btw the PS3 & 360 D-pad is horrible sometimes & I think Tekken response better than DOA5 when it comes to using the PS3's default controller imo.

IceMage95

I would hope that IPL choses the 360. It would be a cheaper option for me as I could just go buy a Play & Charge Kit for the cable for only $20 versus buying a wired 360 controller and a converter or a third-party PS3 controller.

Chaos

I tried playing Kokoro on the PS3 pad and just couldn't do it... If you rely on lots of diagonal inputs and aren't used to the controller you're screwed :)
Too many xbox fanboyz! LOL me, Kratos & Sweet Tooth is going to destroy you all!! :mad:

Murakame

I tried playing Kokoro on the PS3 pad and just couldn't do it... If you rely on lots of diagonal inputs and aren't used to the controller you're screwed :)

Wow lol and I thought it was just me whenever I did anything involving 11 / 33 / 7 directional input. Never thought it was a legit issue with the controller.

DrDogg

Can you break throws on reaction? This stuff matters when you're playing a Tina player or if you're trying to break a normal throw in general. No one is saying the PS3 version isn't fun, it's dope that DOA is on both consoles now. The community needed that shit. The community needs IPL also and we're very fortunate to have our game picked up them. What the community DOESN'T need is for our game to be played on a system that can't hold it's own on the speed it's SUPPOSED to be played on, especially if it's going to be played at high level. That 1 frame of difference matters. Matches/Sets/Rounds all have the potential to be decided on that 1 frame of quickness. Seriously, who wants to get befuddled by sum BS like that? This is a game of reading, reaction, speed, timing, and precision. And I need all that shit flow together to play the best game I can.

Take a look at the numbers Dr. Dogg. The community is speaking and these numbers are leaning towards one side. For our community to play iPL DOA on PS3 is like saying the Tekken community will start having all of their majors on the 360! That is not going to fly with them and this obviously doesn't fly with us.

But hey, if the PS3 version is what is chosen at the end of the day then so be it. This topic let's everyone (Team Ninja and IGN included) know that our community has a voice and we're going to speak it.

We trippy mane.

Evo uses the PS3 for all games and it's considered one of the premiere fighting game tournaments in the world. If DOA5 was to be included in Evo, it would be played on PS3.

Also, 1-frame of input delay in DOA does not have a significant impact on the game, even at the highest level of play. Compared to Tekken, SF and other games, 1-frame in DOA doesn't really change much. You can't break throws on reaction? 80% of the throws in the game can't be broken at all, and under most circumstances, you should be buffering a throw break any time a neutral throw may be used.

Don't get me wrong, 1-frame input delay is a valid concern, but that's not the issue here. The issue is that some people are accustomed to the 360 controller and do not want to have to invest in a converter or learn to adjust to the Dual Shock 3. Not everyone in the DOA community has this problem, myself included.

Again, the system of choice for DOA has not been decided. In the end, it may not even be up for discussion (just like it's not up for discussion at Evo), but I am listening.

Wow lol and I thought it was just me whenever I did anything involving 11 / 33 / 7 directional input. Never thought it was a legit issue with the controller.

It's not a legit issue with the controller. There's nothing wrong with the Dual Shock 3, it's just that people are accustomed to the 360 d-pad and the two controllers feel and respond very differently. For instance, I can play DOA on pad or stick with zero issues when it comes to the PS3, but I can barely execute a simple forward dash on the 360 pad.

Raansu

I'm sorry but if people are traveling for a tournament then spending money on a converter should be the least of their concerns. I've been pushing CEO and haven't had the ability to travel outside of the Florida scene this year but I still got a converter just in case.

The only decision here should be how the game plays on a console. As is, the xbox is the superior version. Regardless of what you may think, 1 frame is significant, and going from xbox to ps3 I notice it immediately and I guarantee many others do as well.

Chaos

Evo uses the PS3 for all games and it's considered one of the premiere fighting game tournaments in the world. If DOA5 was to be included in Evo, it would be played on PS3.

Also, 1-frame of input delay in DOA does not have a significant impact on the game, even at the highest level of play. Compared to Tekken, SF and other games, 1-frame in DOA doesn't really change much. You can't break throws on reaction? 80% of the throws in the game can't be broken at all, and under most circumstances, you should be buffering a throw break any time a neutral throw may be used.

Don't get me wrong, 1-frame input delay is a valid concern, but that's not the issue here. The issue is that some people are accustomed to the 360 controller and do not want to have to invest in a converter or learn to adjust to the Dual Shock 3. Not everyone in the DOA community has this problem, myself included.

Again, the system of choice for DOA has not been decided. In the end, it may not even be up for discussion (just like it's not up for discussion at Evo), but I am listening.

It's not a legit issue with the controller. There's nothing wrong with the Dual Shock 3, it's just that people are accustomed to the 360 d-pad and the two controllers feel and respond very differently. For instance, I can play DOA on pad or stick with zero issues when it comes to the PS3, but I can barely execute a simple forward dash on the 360 pad.
Same here, now you see the strange thing about DOA5's buffer system, most of the time I can execute :2::3::6: & full circle 360 motion attacks but unfortunately, it won't respond correctly
sometimes but when Im playing Tekken I can pull off difficult full circle motion attacks/command grabs and even Jin's Electric God fist
:6::3::P: without breaking a sweat. If I can execute difficult moves on Tekken, then I should be able to do the same on DOA5 but like I said sometimes it won't respond or it may come out a different attack, so I know its not the DS3's fault its the game its self.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD