System What would make LR better than Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
We have really heard next to nothing about balance arrangements for Last Round... I would also hope outside of balance arrangements we would see new moves, and perhaps even new mechanics to warrant that price tag. A new mechanic brought to Ultimate was the power launcher. What new mechanic would you like to see with Last Round.

First off I think there are a few things that most players EXPECT from Last Round:

1. A revamped ground game... perhaps revamped isn't even the word, but at least a ground game comparable to vanilla's... it allowed for great match fluidity and balanced the cursed wake-up-kick... with DOA5 Ultimate's current meta, I care less about combos and more about keeping my opponent from getting a wake up opportunity.

2. Better balance with the bounds system. Watching my opponent trip out on the floor giving me an opportunity at guaranteed damage is nice, but this system doesn't benefit every character with much damage. So I say characters need improvements to this mechanic.

3. Character weights... this has been a problem for a while and all you have to do is study the weight charts to see what's wrong with them... Marie Rose weighs more than Sarah. Just seems like a strange way to balance the game if that was their intention. This needs to be re-worked.

I don't expect changes to be so radical DOA5 actually feels like DOA6. I actually am fairly content with DOA5's fighting system... it just needs some improvements.

What individual character changes would you make?

Darkton93

Goddamnit, not another one of these! Are you trying to start a fight?
0tn7T8.gif

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
I know someone will mention a unreasonable Nerf/Buff because of online i hope to hear some positive changes that will make the game balance.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
What individual character changes would you make?

:bass: Better defensive options; a handicapped character with speed deficit with subpar range and no decent defensive options (ie, parries, good crushes) leads to a whole round of having no way of getting momentum outside of taking more risks than the rest of the cast.

When people actually lose to this character, it's mostly due to stupid shit and not knowing the matchup which isn't that hard. He can only get things seriously going when he has his throw game started and even then he'll have trouble just guessing against characters who can crush everything and turn the match over just because his tool set is severely limited.

Bass has the same problem as Ein where his tools are just not good enough.

I've already gotten tired of this, so I've moved onto other characters like NyoTengu who is much better and can still do good damage and is fun. Unless something is done with him, I'm just not giving a shit.

Argentus

• Aerosmith
  • Replace (almost) all square stages with classic stages from past games
  • Replace grungy black and red menus with classic sleek silver and blue DOA menus
  • Allow players to toggle off hats and accessories on all costumes
  • Less cliffhangers, more stage breaks
  • Either get rid of force techs, or get rid of knockdowns. There's no reason to have one mechanic canceling out another.
  • Link the raft, jungle, ruins stage. Next gen can handle it.
  • Most if not all the contest costumes to make up for all the shitty fetish dlc in 2014.
  • seperate voice options, not just Japanese and English. I want a German hitomi, Chinese leifang, etc. Keep English Mila and Leon though :)
  • Ideally, get rid of Power whatever's. DOA doesn't need supers, and it causes peoples tactics to funnel down to trying to combo into them.
  • If not removing power launchers, at least remove the silly back flipping cartwheel animation.
  • Lower height of certain launchers. There is no reason for Rigs grab to pop people as high as a power launcher.
  • Enable Leon to mount from ss and strings like Mila
  • Switch evasion priority of free step dodge and side step. Right now ss is useless because it avoids almost nothing while fsd avoids more
  • Or better yet, give everyone a unique sidestep. As in, like Christie, Marie, and Rachel have one unique to them, better suited to their style.
  • Get rid of VF
  • Enable ability yi toggle off visibility of certain outfits. So I don't have to see bikinis over and over in multiplayer.
I could go on, really...

• Aerosmith
  • Replace (almost) all square stages with classic stages from past games
  • Replace grungy black and red menus with classic sleek silver and blue DOA menus
  • Allow players to toggle off hats and accessories on all costumes
  • Less cliffhangers, more stage breaks
  • Either get rid of force techs, or get rid of knockdowns. There's no reason to have one mechanic canceling out another.
  • Link the raft, jungle, ruins stage. Next gen can handle it.
  • Most if not all the contest costumes to make up for all the shitty fetish dlc in 2014.
  • seperate voice options, not just Japanese and English. I want a German hitomi, Chinese leifang, etc. Keep English Mila and Leon though :)
  • Ideally, get rid of Power whatever's. DOA doesn't need supers, and it causes peoples tactics to funnel down to trying to combo into them.
  • If not removing power launchers, at least remove the silly back flipping cartwheel animation.
  • Lower height of certain launchers. There is no reason for Rigs grab to pop people as high as a power launcher.
  • Enable Leon to mount from ss and strings like Mila
  • Switch evasion priority of free step dodge and side step. Right now ss is useless because it avoids almost nothing while fsd avoids more
  • Or better yet, give everyone a unique sidestep. As in, like Christie, Marie, and Rachel have one unique to them, better suited to their style.
  • Get rid of VF
  • Enable ability yi toggle off visibility of certain outfits. So I don't have to see bikinis over and over in multiplayer.
I could go on, really...
I like some of your ideas but I never had a problem with sidestepping. Force techs are great. I love being able to nullify my opponents wakeup. Hayate's force tech is godlike. Removing it would make him a shit character, more than he already is, in my opinion. VF characters are fine. Power Launchers are extremely useful.

David Gregg

Just some brief things I'd like to see in general:
Universal wakeups
Changes in weight class (I agree half of the time it doesn't make sense)
All DOA 1 music (including ++)
Aerial Gardens :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD