Who are you currently maining and who have you mained in the past?

Lulu

Haha, really? Thanks for the compliment. :)

I don't know, i guess being a martial artist in real life makes more realistic techniques appeal to me. Ryu, Raidou and Honoka are exceptions but hey its freaking Ryu Hayabusa lol, i picked up Raidou because of the EWGF and Honoka because she has moves from characters i like. XD

You're a real life Martial Artist..... awesome..... It takes some serious balls when two people agree to try to hit each other for fun. ;)

Lulu

I say like "Rai-Doo"....
I think I'm just going to call him "Rai-Dude" from now on.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You know you've really transended into a True DoA player when you have more Male Characters in your Arsenal. ;)
Being a true DOA player has nothing to do with character choice. It's about being happy with the characters you genuinely enjoy playing as opposed to making it a chore to learn them.

As a "fake" DOA player, I mained Christie in the past, and still maining her today. And don't worry, I'm not offended... not this time.

Lulu

Being a true DOA player has nothing to do with character choice. It's about being happy with the characters you genuinely enjoy playing as opposed to making it a chore to learn them.

As a "fake" DOA player, I mained Christie in the past, and still maining her today. And don't worry, I'm not offended... not this time.

Well Christie is considered to be strong character so I wouldn't question why anybody would main her..... plus shes hot. :oops: thats a bonus.

Darkslay

Exactly. I don't judge a person's skill based on their character choice, i don't like when people refer to other players as "tier whores" and the like simply because they play Christie, Gen Fu or Ayane, every character in this game requires skill regardless of anyone's opinion. Its the character you find appealing and that you can relate to that matters.

This is coming from a player that got a lot of hate for maining Fei Long in SF4AE and Nightmare in SC5. XD

SoftCabbage

One of the thing I love from DOA is that the mechanism is so smooth.

As a noob fighting game player who bought DOA5U out of the blue, I was surprised that I could launch different combos in random button mashing.
LOL. This made me stay and learn. When I played KOF and Tekken, I had to print out a freaking move sheet to learn or otherwise, the gameplay would be shit. :eek:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
2H-4, and 5U/LR: Leon.
Main in 5 vanilla: Mila.
Current Subs: Ein, Bayman, Mila, Bass.

Will play other characters but I always forget they don't have offensive holds or ground throws and end up failing in the long run because of that.
Yay offensive holds, can't live without 'em.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't remember replying to this thread, so here it goes:
Mains::kasumi::phase4:(I treat them as one in the same, so I'm equal in skill with both)
Subs::naotora::mai::marierose::ein::eliot:
Previous main::kasumi-alpha:/DOA2 style Kasumi(I preferred this style of Kasumi, so even now, I play Kasumi very closely to her DOA2 roots)

Casually::cyborg::rachel:

Last edited:

Rubbish Radish

Currently maining :hitomi: ,:tina: & :kasumi:. Trying to squeeze :leifang: back in there as well.

Used to main :ayane: & :eliot:. Dropped Ayane because I didn't use her as well as I could compared to other characters, so switched focus.

Trying to get the hang of :honoka: and :ayane: again. Kinda want to learn :jacky: as well.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Raj-doo I guess. It's the way Ayane pronounces it in the DOA2(U) opening video:

At 3:44 in the video.

The instrumental that plays in the video, is that added by IGN or it in the actual game because Immortal Technique uses the same instrumental in one of his songs.

Kronin

The instrumental that plays in the video, is that added by IGN or it in the actual game because Immortal Technique uses the same instrumental in one of his songs.

If you meant the song, this is the music used in the original intro and not an addition ("Dream on" played from Aerosmith)

Chisa

The new spring 2016 character because i'm unique snowflake.

In serious tone i have no idea anymore. I like Marie, Momiji and Leon currently.

benderlax

Mains: Honoka, Marie Rose, Hitomi, Kasumi

Sub mains: Kokoro, Lisa, Tina, Jacky, Jann Lee, Phase 4

Past mains: Nyotengu, Mila

Mayor-Of-Mustard

In games I usually have 3 mains, and everyone else (except akira soz man don't like your moveset) is a sub

Like I have Ayane, Rig n Gen Fu but I'll just play as anyone else when I get bored of them

Same with one piece pirate warriors 3 i main brook, perona and ivankov but i'll just play anyone else if i get bored of the three

edit: holy crap i made this thread. proud of miself

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD