Who makes the cut in DOA 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Males in general got no care lol, Bayman was announced at TGS was he in the thumbnails or even mentioned? No lol even in official media he was barely even acknowledged.

just_me

Standard Donor
What are you basing this on? Nothing? lol

Not much, but more than nothing XD
Stuff like Twitter likes and trailer views on Twitter etc.
I guess you could also try to categorize comments (eww) and look at social blade numbers for the relevant social media channels after the trailer dropped etc. but I can't be bothered to actually do that.

E.g. I think the Twitter followers increased by about 600 since the NiCO trailer dropped which is quite an obvious bump from the normal trajectory.

And obviously “nobody cared” is a hyperbolic statement as well.

Ninoasker

People worried about Momiji should calm down because she ain’t going anywhere at all. Momiji has been one of the most beloved additions to DOA since she was released in Ultimate to the point she even was the only non-DOA original girl to be added in X3 and return in XVV. At this point she’s basically the female Ryu. She will come back as, probably, the first DLC after game’s release if she doesn’t make it into the final roster. Rachel is the one out of the 2 that you need to be worried about lol. Even tho I also think she’ll come back later. I just think that, if they are gonna go all in with 6 like they did with 5 and give it YEARS of support, there’s enough time for them to release every character who was left out as DLC.

human013

The base 5 roster felt complete so I don't know how I would feel if they didn't return for DOA6, and there is not many characters left. The two big characters were the new ones so now that they've been revealed just throw in the remaining characters.

P2p1mbs

I'm pretty sure everyone in 5 that wasn't a guest or Alpha 152 will be back eventually. There'd just be too few of them left to not do it.

The question then becomes who makes it to the initial release and who get added in as DLC? Only 4 characters remaining unconfirmed for release but about 9 characters (including Alpha) from 5 that can still return.

I am very sure Eliot is back for the base release but then who else? I am biased for Rachel so I would want to see her and Momiji back as well so I don't have to wait for them as DLC but I can imagine characters who have been in the series longer have some priority like Gen Fu or even Ein.

Dr PaC

Yeah, pretty reasonable guess. Brad has been teased and Eliot is… different than the other males.

The Deluxe edition contains 25 pins and they recently announced that pre-ordering gives you the Nyo pin as 26th… so there might only be 3 chars left, or they announce the P4 pin later, or she doesn't get a pin. Who knows?

I think Momiji still has a chance over Gen Fu, since quite frankly no one would care about a trailer announcing only dudes… also Gen Fu has a fairly low pick rate among the general player base and tournament players, the only people that play Gen Fu are players that want to do well in tournaments. But on the other hand, no one would buy him as DLC either…

Still feel that Raidou might be a boss char and thus either not playable, or unlockable.

I gave up hope that Rachel will be in the vanilla roster, but Im still holding on to hope that Momiji will be in over Gen Fu. I got love for the old man, but Momiji is best girl. Well, Tina is Waifu but Momiji is a close second, lol

werewolfgold

I only want Momiji in base roster if they've fleshed out her aikijutsu more. If not, then they can take their time and add her when she's ready. Rachel should probably get a few new bells and whistles, too.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
My hopes for Momiji aren’t that high anymore, 4 characters left and she’s still unannounced. I think Gen Brad and Eliot are in 1 trailer since they do have a little story going on and TN kinda based their trailers around the story this time. I personally hope Momiji is in over Gen fu but I doubt it. Raidou will probably be in, after seeing a prototype of him in NiCO’s trailer I’m sure he’ll be back.
They have already said that some characters will appear in the story and not be playable. Raidou would be seen as a perfect example of this. He will likely be used as a soldier. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a ton of them go after DOATEC. lols

Or they are building up to his revived version that we get in DOA5LR... I don't think that's the case, but we'll see I guess.
This could also go for Gen Fu since all he does is train Eliot. In 5 he wasn’t playable in the story, nor did you fight him. All he did was tell Eliot that he mastered his current style and will be teaching him a new one. He might as well be a background character like hitomi’s dad.

P2p1mbs

I only want Momiji in base roster if they've fleshed out her aikijutsu more. If not, then they can take their time and add her when she's ready. Rachel should probably get a few new bells and whistles, too.

One thing that gives me some hope for Rachel returning is that she was specifically added to replace Sparten Nicole 458 from 4 as the heavy-hitting girl. TN wanted a character to fill that role and since they couldn't get Nicole back due to licensing issues, they used Rachel who already had a backstory to explain why she's so strong.

I don't use Momiji but I imagine her double jump ability gives her a unique playstyle that TN would want to bring back as well.

Both girls also had their 5 Ultimate backstories specifically state they wanted to join the tournament but it is never stated if they actually participated. This gives both of them some chance of coming back in the main release.

I also just realized; at the end of his story, Eliot was told by his master that he will be taught a more advanced fighting style. This could likely mean that he will inherit more new moves from Gen Fu so the chances of gen Fu returning at the start might be smaller. Brad is more likely to return now.

Last edited:

TRI Mike

I think Momiji, Eliot, Gen Fu and Brad are going to be in the initial roster. That will leave Raidou, Rachel, Leon and Ein as DLC later along with maybe two new characters and maybe guests.

Atahotaku

What I want: Brad Wong, Eliot, Rachel and Momiji

What I think: Brad Wong, Eliot, Raidou and Leon. Rachel and Momiji as DLC for taking more money from the fans. I don't know if Genfu will come back, cause I think they will give a lot of his moves to Eliot in this installment.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think the returning characters are Brad, Eliot Raidou and Gen fu. I hope the returning characters are. Raidou, Momiji, Rachel and Eliot.

TRI Mike

Gen Fu is too important to leave. He's one of the most used characters competitively and he's been there since DOA1. No one from DOA1 will be gone. Not even Raidou.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Gen Fu is too important to leave. He's one of the most used characters competitively and he's been there since DOA1. No one from DOA1 will be gone. Not even Raidou.
They dont look at popularity, they look at story. Story wise Gen is irrelevant, so irrelevant that they made a character (Eliot) to not make him completely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD