Balance Who thinks Gen Fu is the best in the game?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
Awesmic I do show my tech by the way. My laptop broke so typing out tech on a cellphone is less than desirable @TaijiMonk will it be good enough to show u?

Brute

Standard Donor
Brute you can handle this lol.
I see I have something of a reputation, haha.

But no, seriously. If you understand the game mechanics on a basic, fundamental level, a brief look at his tools will reveal why he is considered a top tier character. Going into more depth just reinforces that view. Gen Fu has some tricky secrets, but you don't even to know them to understand why the character is such a threat. Knowing will just solidifies that position even more. The meta-game discussion then sends it into overdrive.

If you don't get that, I think your confusion would derive more from lack of game knowledge rather than lack of knowledge about Gen Fu. If you understand the game, you will look at Gen Fu, and you will see it. If you don't, you have a lot to catch-up on, and there are plenty of better places to do that than this thread. I'm not sure any amount of my explaining things here would do any good if you don't understand the fundamentals (as well as some of the important nuances) of the game's mechanics and workings.

TaijiMonk

I see I have something of a reputation, haha.

But no, seriously. If you understand the game mechanics on a basic, fundamental level, a brief look at his tools will reveal why he is considered a top tier character. Going into more depth just reinforces that view. Gen Fu has some tricky secrets, but you don't even to know them to understand why the character is such a threat. Knowing will just solidifies that position even more. The meta-game discussion then sends it into overdrive.

If you don't get that, I think your confusion would derive more from lack of game knowledge rather than lack of knowledge about Gen Fu. If you understand the game, you will look at Gen Fu, and you will see it. If you don't, you have a lot to catch-up on, and there are plenty of better places to do that than this thread. I'm not sure any amount of my explaining things here would do any good if you don't understand the fundamentals (as well as some of the important nuances) of the game's mechanics and workings.

That may very well be true. Me not understanding enough about the game mechanics that is. To clarify my view though, even if I thought he was mid tier, I wouldn't disagree strongly with him being top tier. But the best character in the game? I still don't think so. Oh well. No one is really coming out and saying they think or do not think he is the best. That was the whole purpose of the thread, but I got some good information regardless. Thanks everybody for all the replies

Radiance

I just wanted to clarify to some that I have some experience with Gen Fu, which is why I find it unbelievable how some can think he's the best.

Then there's a very very.... very high probability that you're playing Gen Fu wrong or the game wrong... or both =/

There's alot of detail in this thread explaining why he's the best in this game. Great oki vortex, i11 mid, 3p that crushes highs and puts the opponent into an instant 50/50 situation where they have to guess, parries that lead back into the stun game, insane damage, 214p gives him mobility, 4p6p anti tracking and NH combo, and a bunch of other shit I missed.. I think? He just doesn't require as much guessing as other characters to win.

TaijiMonk

Yeah taiji if you learn genfu more you'll see. I showed you a glimpse of his potential tonight
And I appreciate that. Your gen fu is definately the best I've seen, and I saw some things I haven't seen before. My opinion might change once I delve into him and the other characters more
I think GenFu is the best in the game,

Because of, well, 3P.

Shit still gives me nightmares.
Lol. Okay. I used to 3p all the time, but most good players will counter me or throw me, so I've been hesitant to use that as a crush all the time
Then there's a very very.... very high probability that you're playing Gen Fu wrong or the game wrong... or both =
As I told the one person earlier, that may be the case. Maybe I'll change my mind later

TaijiMonk

In the real world I don't trust popular opinion much, especially when it goes against what I think I know. No offense lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD