DOA5LR Who will be in your Random Select

Zeo

We all play our mains more than anyone, but even character loyalists click on that mystery square every now and again. With DOA5 having a random filter and buffs/nerfs being thrown around like candy in Last Round, only question is, who will be in your random?

For me:
Ein
Akira
Hayate
Jacky
Raidou
Hitomi
Phase 4

Maybe:
Jann Lee
Kasumi
Momiji
Honoka
Eliot
Rig

KwonJigglypuff

I love to play random, I play everyone and only Jacky and Akira are excluded for the moment from my list, until I learn how to use them.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I tend to not have a selective random block BUT if I did mine would easily be.

Ein
Hayate
Phase 4
Marie Rose
NyoTengu
Honoka
Hitomi
Hayabusa
Ayane
and very last
Leifang

DarkWolf

Bayman, Rig, Kasumi, Mila, Helena, Hitomi, Hayate, Tina, Kokoro, Jann Lee, Marie Rose, Eliot, Leifang, Ryu, Bass, Raidou, Akira, Sarah, Jacky and Momiji

FatalxInnocence

Kasumi, Ayane, Honoka, Marie Rose, Tina, Helena, Eliot, Lisa / La Mariposa, Phase 4, Rachel, Ryu Hayabusa, Momiji, Kokoro, Alpha 152, Hitomi, Lei-Fang, Nyotengu, Sarah, Pai...

Though I'll probably stray from random until I have a basic knowledge of Honoka. Learning her is going to be my main focus.

d3v

Everyone. So when do play random, I get forced outside my comfort zone and have to rely on pure fundamentals to win.

WisperG

I don't limit the random character selection. The only times I use it are just when I want to goof around with friends/siblings anyways. That's a lot more fun when the whole roster is available.

Reactions: d3v

Kronin

Sometimes I created a selective random but usually I never use it (because in some way defeats the purpose just as said from DontFork). However if I should use a random filter, for me would include:

• Ayane
  • Bass
  • Ein
  • Hayabusa
  • Hitomi
  • Honoka (I added the character because I suppose that I will get fun playing with her).
  • Leon
  • Marie Rose
  • Momiji
  • Nyotengu
  • Pai
  • Phase 4
  • Raidou
  • Rachel
  • Tina
  • Jacky
  • Zack
But like all my list of preferences related to DoA, is very likely subjected to changes XD

PS: This list is not related to my effective skill with these characters.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

I actually don't play random for "Random" though. I only hit random when I don't know who I want to play, but I want a character I like. I don't really use it for the "random" element which is generally why I filter it.

Reactions: Zeo

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
i don't filter any of the random select characters or stages. it defeats the purpose of stuff being randomized when you have control over all the choices anyway
I take out the Dojo stage in the random select and thats it. I don't play a million characters because there is so much left to learn still with our satanic queen of the wall.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I disable Dojo since it's banned in competitive play. It's also a trash stage anyway, so I never want to play on it. In fact, I believe that even TN didn't think the stage was suitable for competitive play because it's actually disabled by default in the filter.

Aside from that, I have everything available in my random filter for stages and characters. However, it is incredibly rare that I ever actually pick random for my character choice, but I always pick it for my stage choice.

TOBMAST3R

Playing everyone in random except Akira, Sarah and Pai because if I turn it on, one of those guys show up every second fight. I do really hope that LR has a better random system, also for the stages.

By the way - can someone confirm or deny that when you choose a random character, the hairstyles also are chosen randomly or is it default only? Thank you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD