Why do kids pretend they have samurai spirit?

d3v

Seriously, who the fuck pretends that they have Samurai Spirits? I know the Japanese MVS cart is rarer than the US SamSho MVS cart, but how do you actually make money by pretending you have a cart that you don't have?

WebHead

no, samurai spirit = standing still after KO. these dumbasses will stand samurai spirted for 2 rounds then when they win the final round theyll taunt like retards, that mexican max krolo or whatever his name taunted me twice in a row, what a little bastard!

Keved

This thread seriously wins.

So samurai spirit is when your opponent stands still after a first round count KO yeah? Then after the final round they kick & abuse your KO'ed opponent?

That happens to me alot but instead I get abused after a KO both round counts instead of just the final round lol.

0ac3afd6-3dde-41d5-964f-afa4f8163ae2.gif

NukNuks

I would tell you why I repeatedly hit my downed opponents character after winning a round or match but then I'd be giving away my secrets. Here's a hint: Mind over matter.

If you let their taunts or attacks get to you then you are just as weak as they are, only you lost.

PJudge

I normally do Tina's "Come On!" taunt after I win the first round, and then her kiss taunt if I win. They just seem so perfectly made for that kind of thing. Thinking about it, I should do here fist taunt at the beginning of the first match.

If I'm fighting in a bad connection then I tend to get a bit taunt happy if they just spam the same move.

There was a similar thread over on Shoryuken about being taunted in MVC3, and people got really up tight about it there as well. I don't see taunts as a problem. They're what they are: taunts. They're supposed to get you fired up and lose concentration or think "Oh, really? Come on then." If you get angry about them, then your opponent's already got the advantage that you're not thinking clearly. You'd be surprised how often this works on lower ranks (of which I'm only a D- in this game, but DOA4 I was A and I saw it happen then too) especially. It's like you're hitting a rage button and they stop remembering how they were going to play the game and fall right into traps.

Just because someone stands still after they KO you, doesn't mean they're trying to be hard or have a Samurai Spirit. It just means they can't be assed to do it. I'm sure you've taunted people after you've KO'd someone.

Zeo

I typically always stand still after I win a round. If I'm Akira every now and again I'll circle my opponent or if they were trolling me I'll otg punch them again and again.

As Hayate I'll either circle them, stand still, do his 1p once and then stand still, or during those rare occasions I just feel like being a douche, I'll stand still for a second, then 2k them.

Yaguar

If they die mid combo I'll finish it. Otherwise I might stand around a bit, might just throw in some sidesteps so I feel like I'm still doing something.

Taunt is too many buttons for what it is. If you want real mads I find sending a message with "Cry me a river" works way better in the effort:mads ratio.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I used to refrain from doing anything after winning a round.
Used to.

But I find I'm a far better player when I am actually ticked, oddly enough. If I can, I'll end it with the Grizzly Rancher being the last thing they see before Bass laughs at them.

I'm not gonna lie, I move at the end of the round to get a good look at Christie's ass.

LOL yes!!! Honestly i used to not taunt people just because i knew it got them mad,but now that i have panda fang at the end of the 1st and 2nd rounds if i win i usually back up to give them room to get up for the next round,and then at the end of the last round if i win i do her taunt where she does her little cute fighting stance,for me its not like "yea you suck i won!" but its more like i finished off my opponent and went into my stance just in case you wanted to get up again,that way im not caught off guard hahaha,a bit serious for a game i guess,but hey i have a deep thought process sometimes. =P

akhi216

Standard Donor
If I'm using Brad Wong I make sure to lie down and guzzle the wine purely for entertainment purposes.

Souichiro

Ok this is actually an enjoyable thread.
Listen sometimes you get bulldozed sometimes you dont. Play for the fun of it. Now, as to why they taunt or do whatever pisses you off; They do because they can.
Live with it, learn from it ASCEND TO GODHOOD!
tumblr_mbnjvtDtpZ1roei5vo1_400.jpg

Or just nerdrage. Whatever gets you going :cool:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD