Why do kids pretend they have samurai spirit?

D Glock

MeY1x.gif

My reaction to this topic.

Blazeincarnated

I just taunt because I think it's funny and Jann Lee's taunt is just too awesome not to do. And if you're Zack and don't do Zack beam you're going to get slapped =P
It reminds me of DOA1 sooo bad.... XD Waatah, Waatah, Waatah!
Like a broken record. This can easily tick a lot of people off XD

Most of the time, I'm finishing off a random combo by the end of the round. And if I'm not, I'll do 8P+K for good measure or just stand still. I only tend to taunt online when the other person is at the other end of the screen waiting for me to rush in (Helena's "come here" is perfect for this). But I'm not running over to them any time soon.
Although, when I run into people who taunt me after they've won a match, in every case that I can remember, I deserved it.

SilverKhaos

I only taunt after I've earned it. Like after landing a huge attack, or winning a match. And that's only because Mila spanking herself is more hot than offensive.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't taunt, typically, out of respect for my opponent. Usually, I remain motionless, unless I'm finishing a buffered combo, or I'm facing backward (in which case I will turn to face them). Sometimes if I'm in a stance, I will it as well (ongyoin). I will only taunt after I win a match under three conditions:

1) My opponent thought he could win by really just spamming the same retard attack over and over again. 'Cause fuck those guys.
2) If I lost a match against them previously and they taunt me upon match end. If they just want to spew shit, I have no problem scooping it back up and spoon-feeding it to them.
3) My opponent was of near equal skill, and I use the "taunt" out of respect. This only applies to characters who have less offensive taunt, such as bows, etc.

Kaiser Wiggly

People who get mad at others for taunting is one (rather silly) thing but now people are complaining that others don't taunt enough or at the right time? I mean c'mon, there's no rules to taunting; that's why it's never been recognised as an Olympic event. Yet.

I'm a simpleton and I just taunt when I'm happy.

I don't taunt very often.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I usually don't taunt out of respect even if the players are douches and don't deserve it. Only time I would taunt is if I'm playing with a friend and we're just messing around. Even then that's rare.

DForev

I rarely taunt, so I guess I lack the samurai spirit. I do it whenever someone else taunts prior, which gave me my one and only hate mail from DOA5. Though I guess Tina's 'Come On' is more annoying than whatever the hell Ayane does.

Most memorable taunting was had during a really laggy match against a Zack player. He wins the first round and taunts. I then proceed to taunt probably 4 times in the next round, and somehow win, giving me such a laugh I couldn't focus anymore and lost the match. That was on top of the heavy lag though, so I didn't care.

Other than that, I rarely taunt. Tina's idle animation is awesome enough.

shunwong

Maybe I had forgotten about taunts after 4 months of VF but: What's up with taunting in DOA5 online? Everybody seems to taunt as soon as they win a round. I only taunt if I have been taunted previously. I feel it's lack of respect for the person on the other side, who might have had a bad day at work or whatever and might not be in the mood for online trolls (which BTW seem to be abundant in DOA5 online).

REALDEMO

Standard Donor
Some taunts actually change open and closed stances-- and for that reason that's why I do Tina's "Come on~!". Apart from the technical aspect in some cases, taunting is there to give a psychological edge. You guys remember that Bruce Lee flick where he fights a bunch of dudes behind a restaurant? He did one of those silent taunts and sent his opponents in a rage.

Though the TC's premise is that he's iff'd at the fact that opponents taunt after a match. If that's the case he'd have to get mad at every win pose ever made. If you don't take the game too personally, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Some taunts actually change open and closed stances-- and for that reason that's why I do Tina's "Come on~!". Apart from the technical aspect in some cases, taunting is there to give a psychological edge. You guys remember that Bruce Lee flick where he fights a bunch of dudes behind a restaurant? He did one of those silent taunts and sent his opponents in a rage.

Though the TC's premise is that he's iff'd at the fact that opponents taunt after a match. If that's the case he'd have to get mad at every win pose ever made. If you don't take the game too personally, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Way of the Dragon I believe.

damedame

taunts I don't mind. Nor people who finish their combos.

I really detest it when people kick you over and over and over after EVERY MATCH they win. Just makes me think like "You've already won, why rub it in?"

I do understand that it is winner take all, or that the winner is always right and can do whatever they want. Still feels lke a lack of honor though. XD

I did actually taunt once after a match. I realized after he was spamming taunt thru the match I'd never seen my characters. So I did after I won, then I felt like a douche. haha

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
taunts I don't mind. Nor people who finish their combos.

I really detest it when people kick you over and over and over after EVERY MATCH they win. Just makes me think like "You've already won, why rub it in?"

I do understand that it is winner take all, or that the winner is always right and can do whatever they want. Still feels lke a lack of honor though. XD

I did actually taunt once after a match. I realized after he was spamming taunt thru the match I'd never seen my characters. So I did after I won, then I felt like a douche. haha

I do that but its more out of instinctual OCD "They haven't moved, force tech them" habit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD