why is this game always dead online?

Jeff Thomas

Anytime during the day, it ALWAYS takes 20 minutes to find a ranked match, Lobby matches are always dead as well, whats the deal?

Gurimmjaw

There not many that play doa compared to fighters like MK, SF, and Tekken so it will take awhile to get a match. Best to do private matches.

KING JAIMY

(Re-post due to database corruption, from memory)

Several factors can play a role in why you can't find people online to play with:

- Ranked is less popular compared to Lobby.
- In case you're playing Xbox: It has a smaller playerbase than PSN to my knowledge.
- A lot of people may have moved from DOA to MKX recently.
- DOA Online is pretty bad in general, when you talk about the game's netcode. It can turn people off.

Pictured Mind

(Re-post due to database corruption, from memory)

Several factors can play a role in why you can't find people online to play with:

- Ranked is less popular compared to Lobby.
- In case you're playing Xbox: It has a smaller playerbase than PSN to my knowledge.
- A lot of people may have moved from DOA to MKX recently.
- DOA Online is pretty bad in general, when you talk about the game's netcode. It can turn people off.

Would like to add that some people don't want to play in a lobby full of random people, then wait four matches just to play one. It's not necessarily dead online, people are just playing in private lobbies.

KING JAIMY

Would like to add that some people don't want to play in a lobby full of random people, then wait four matches just to play one. It's not necessarily dead online, people are just playing in private lobbies.
Good point. It is indeed true that a good amount of of people play in private lobbies; at least, a lot of my friends do. Also, there may be entirely full lobbies which won't appear when you search for them. Keeping these factors in mind (i.e. private lobbies and full lobbies) may lead to an underestimation of the total amount of players.

Adding a factor to Ranked Match: It could be that there are actually playing enough people in Ranked but they have the possibility to exclude you from their criteria.

In conclusion, finding players online can be a frustrating and tedious process. On top of that, playing the matches themselves can be even more frustrating! #offline4life

Malibu

Yea i noticed this too, i don't really have any friends to play with so it takes me a long while to find matches and i don't really like to play in random lobbies so i usually just sit in my apartment and play arcade most of the day.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It's DOA online. It just sucks and that's why people don't play it. It's pretty easy to come to the conclusion, you posting this bullshit comes off as disrespect more than oh this a great topic and we're really going to figure it out here. Like... like a in-depth convo on The Shining.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Actually, on a forum I read, the long online wait for matches on PS4(if you're on that console) is because of a glitch where the game says it can't find matches, even though there are several possible players in the area.The way around this is to just cut on Throwdown, and play Training mode, Arcade, etc. as normal, and you'll find plenty of players. The guy even said he fought 20 opponents online within an hour, so you know, this could be an alternative way around the seemingly dead online ranked match search.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I agree that it could be a glitch, but that would only be one problem that the game has online. The lag makes Dead or Alive a different game. That's another contributing reason.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I agree that it could be a glitch, but that would only be one problem that the game has online. The lag makes Dead or Alive a different game. That's another contributing reason.
That is why I avoid online whenever possible. The lag is pretty terrible:confused:

synce

I tried playing ranked today and a match literally took about 10 minutes due to the lag. The other guy wouldn't even disconnect out of courtesy (I had a 30 win streak!)

So that's one reason why no one plays this shit online.

Camel with 2 thumbs

We share head space on this topic creator,at least on 360 this game is dead online, ranked is pointless because you run into the same 5 people and 4 of them have terrible connections, and the other 1 just back dashes full screen waiting for you to come to him( i hate fighting people who do this). lobbies are also equally barren, it's another case of running into the same folks over and over again.

I think the combination of MKX and last round being released on xbox one and PS4 have murdered this games' population on 360 and ps3, it sucks big time.

Kuga

Its not MKX fault. On old gen agony started with LR release on next gen. Players became divided into 4 groups.

DualWielding

I'm a very casual player but I just play arcade on PS3 with the throwdowns options on and I do get lots of matches, maybe the wait for matches is not so noticeable when you are playing instead of just waiting

Soaring Zero

I usually have more luck with throwdowns. Sitting in training mode practicing and taking throwdowns gets me many more matches than going to ranked match.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I usually have more luck with throwdowns. Sitting in training mode practicing and taking throwdowns gets me many more matches than going to ranked match.
The thing I don't like about throwdown is that the game will match me up with players way above my skill level, which breaks my comfort zone. And the ones who are my skill level will often not be available to play at that time.

Brute

Standard Donor
They split the game across 5 platforms, and tried to get people to buy the same game over again 3-4 times.

Every time a new version comes out, you have to start back at the lowest rank, meaning that most people have grinded their ass up from 0-to-whatever numerous times now and are probably tired of it several years later. None of this is helped by the fact that the Ranked mode is silly, gives no indication of skill, and makes it hard to find an opponent with a decent connection regardless how many are in the queue because of the way the "Accept/Decline" feature is set-up (we won't even get into the fact that there's a separate "Tag Ranked" for no good reason).

The real question is: "Why the hell does anyone still play Ranked?"

Oh, that's right, because if you're on PC that will be your only choice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD