Will you be buying DOA5U?

Are you going to buy DOA5U?

• Total voters

Jaguar360

My points are
TN is doing the same that capcom is doing with SF and I don't support this kind of practice and IMO is not worth spend money on the retail version of the game and since I only play with Hitomi and Leifang for me is the only thing that I need, I don't have any intention of playing with the other characters, I don't care about the others characters.
These are my reasons for not buying this game.

Well then you only need to spend eight dollars and problem solved! ^_^

S

SolemnSaturn

Correct!
That's why I'm more interested in Core fighters then the retail version.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm getting Core Fighters because I play on both systems, so with Core Fighters (which already comes with my current main Hayabusa) I can play on both Xbox 360 and PS3 while only buying the game for one console, I'd rather spend £23 and get core fighters and play on both systems maybe only buying Ein and Momiji for PS3 and even then it comes to about £31-ish still cheaper than buying retail twice(and in GAME's case buying it once). that and I don't have much income and core fighters will help me deal while Amazon slowly delivers 5U retail on Xbox so core fighters is perfect

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I wish Core Fighters would come to 360. I know a few people online who would give the game a shot if they could play it with me for free, but they're not going to buy the retail release. As a result, they will simply never play the game.

Thanks, Microsoft.

Argentus

I wish Core Fighters would come to 360. I know a few people online who would give the game a shot if they could play it with me for free, but they're not going to buy the retail release. As a result, they will simply never play the game.

Thanks, Microsoft.

Whatever happened to Demos?

Zeo

Actually, I see a good deal of those people saying they won't buy the update just sell their Vanilla copy and be done with it. Anyone who doesn't will just cave and buy Ultimate or at the very least grab Core Fighters.

Argentus

I will only buy Ultimate if the following criteria have been met:

1) Core Fighters is not available on 360.
2) Ultimate has dropped in price to around 15-20 bucks.
3) I can no longer find fights on DoA5

I really wanna play Leon and the new stages, but I REALLY don't wanna support TN going the capcom route of just constantly reselling the same product.

David Gregg

You think that's bad? Apparently for the poor Australian gamers the game will cost $100 (they have ridiculously inflated video game prices don't ask me why). Imagine having dropped over 100 dollars for the first game and now you have to pay that amount for the second. Now THAT sucks. I'll gladly spend the $40 and be on my way.

DontForkWitMe

I've pretty much decided i'm getting core fighters and paying to unlock leon as my "rental plan" for about a week and if i'm satisfied with it i'll buy the retail version. If im disappointed i'll stick with the core version and just play around with it when i have nothing else to do

Argentus

Why don't you want Core Fighters on 360? lol not like it will anyway, that's about as much as a pipe dream as Hayabusa getting his classic DoA2 costume.

I DO want it on 360. If it was, I wouldn't need 5U. Hence I why I listed "CF not on 360" as one of the criteria that would force me to buy 5U.

S

SolemnSaturn

I DO want it on 360. If it was, I wouldn't need 5U. Hence I why I listed "CF not on 360" as one of the criteria that would force me to buy 5U.

If Core fighters came to 360 I'll have it. If not I won't buy DOA5U. Especilly because I live in Brazil and a game here is $180 or 200 and as I said before I don't support this "capcom's" business practice.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I am torn on whether or not I will get it or Core Fighters, one day I am sure I will get it then the next day I'm like nah I will get Core Fighters and buy some characters instead. It does not help that Lisa is getting some of her most useful tools nerfed with no buffs in sight. I will definitely buy it at some point, just most likely not day one as I may try Core Fighters to see if I like it enough.

Rawbietussin

I'm buying it for :leon: and :jacky:

Plus, it will be my first "Ultimate" version of any DOA game since I haven't experienced DOA2U all because Itagaki monopolized the whole series exclusively for Xbox.

ShinQuan

Yes!! Cant wait, Ill be getting it for the hopefully decent amount of new moves for each character, gameplay improvements, extended roster is great along with more classic costumes. Not to mention the amazing DOA2-4 OST that will be there, really like that!

Rapham0n

My points are
TN is doing the same that capcom is doing with SF and I don't support this kind of practice and IMO is not worth spend money on the retail version of the game and since I only play with Hitomi and Leifang for me is the only thing that I need, I don't have any intention of playing with the other characters, I don't care about the others characters.
These are my reasons for not buying this game.

I know how you feel and I support your decision. This whole thing where game developers bring out "new" versions of a game that we have to buy (and in doing so we are essentially buying the same game twice) just makes my blood boil. First off, for those of us that supported the developer by purchasing the original version of the game we are basically getting the finger from the developer. If it wasn't for those of us that bought the damn game in the first place then there would not even be an updated version. The fact that we DOA5 owners have to fork out more cash to get DOA5U is bloody ridiculous. I say again, if it wasn't for us spending money on the original DOA5 there would be no "ULTIMATE" version. Something game developers should think long and hard about before they pull jackass stunts like this. If you can't add stuff to the game via a (free) patch then leave that stuff for the next game (DOA6).

Now I know how TN does business (they are CAPCOM wannabe's), and I can assure you I will not buy DOA6 when it releases. I'll wait for the "ULTIMATE" version. And I'm sure over 90% of people are going to do the same. So the original DOA6 will end up having piss-poor sales. Game developers only end up screwing themselves with this crap. They just don't listen.

Game developers should do something like sell their games with a one-time-use code, similar to the online pass, where people who purchased the game can input the code and what the code does is it allows you to download the new version of the game (if any) for free. A "future-upgrade-code" so to speak. That way the people who supported the developer by purchasing the original version of the game don't get screwed over.

PS: CAPCOM should die a painful death for bringing this "ULTRA/SUPER/ULTIMATE" BS idea into this generation of gaming. :mad: Video games are abnormally expensive in my country. I can't afford to buy the same damn game multiple times just for a little bit of extra content. :mad:

Rapham0n

You think that's bad? Apparently for the poor Australian gamers the game will cost $100 (they have ridiculously inflated video game prices don't ask me why). Imagine having dropped over 100 dollars for the first game and now you have to pay that amount for the second. Now THAT sucks. I'll gladly spend the $40 and be on my way.

Don't make me laugh. In my country video games cost R700 per game. (The "R" stands for "Rand"). Imagine if they charged $700 per game in the US. That is what it is like in my country. :(

akhi216

Standard Donor
I know how you feel and I support your decision. This whole thing where game developers bring out "new" versions of a game that we have to buy (and in doing so we are essentially buying the same game twice) just makes my blood boil. First off, for those of us that supported the developer by purchasing the original version of the game we are basically getting the finger from the developer. If it wasn't for those of us that bought the damn game in the first place then there would not even be an updated version. The fact that we DOA5 owners have to fork out more cash to get DOA5U is bloody ridiculous. I say again, if it wasn't for us spending money on the original DOA5 there would be no "ULTIMATE" version. Something game developers should think long and hard about before they pull jackass stunts like this. If you can't add stuff to the game via a (free) patch then leave that stuff for the next game (DOA6).

Now I know how TN does business (they are CAPCOM wannabe's), and I can assure you I will not buy DOA6 when it releases. I'll wait for the "ULTIMATE" version. And I'm sure over 90% of people are going to do the same. So the original DOA6 will end up having piss-poor sales. Game developers only end up screwing themselves with this crap. They just don't listen.

Game developers should do something like sell their games with a one-time-use code, similar to the online pass, where people who purchased the game can input the code and what the code does is it allows you to download the new version of the game (if any) for free. A "future-upgrade-code" so to speak. That way the people who supported the developer by purchasing the original version of the game don't get screwed over.

PS: CAPCOM should die a painful death for bringing this "ULTRA/SUPER/ULTIMATE" BS idea into this generation of gaming. :mad: Video games are abnormally expensive in my country. I can't afford to buy the same damn game multiple times just for a little bit of extra content. :mad:
Well to be fair DOA5U is a simply follow up to DOA5 vanilla, which had sales that they were apparently pleased with. It is not like they added 14 characters and disallowed DLC transfers à la Ultimate/Marvel vs Capcom 3. C(r)apcom has learned the error of their ways and will release a new SSFIVAE in the form of a $15 update to the vanilla version, and DOA5U will not cost a full $60.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Don't make me laugh. In my country video games cost R700 per game. (The "R" stands for "Rand"). Imagine if they charged $700 per game in the US. That is what it is like in my country. :(

Hmm that comes to about £46.65 and $70(US) that's not TOO over expensive but it is still way over the mark for a game that should be $40

however AUS still have it worse $100 AUS Dollars equals to $90 US Dollars that's WAY higher

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD