Worst Costumes/Outfits

UpSideDownGRUNT

Mummy Hayabusa, not for the fact that it's bad just that it was picked over a costume with potential.... same goes for foam dragon Jann Lee and Devil Ein

Nameless Sama

I really thought that TN would give for Ryu the Jason style. Ok not so 100% I mean so in the direction. I knew that Ryu would get a dumb costume. I just hit me in the face as I saw waht Jahn Lee got. triple facepalm. IMO TN didnt give so much effort to this DLC Pack. For Devil Ein I have no words. I cant describe it sorry.

UpSideDownGRUNT

They did put in effort just that some characters got more attention than others..

All they had to do for Hayabusa and Ein was remake Ninja of The Future and give Ein his caped dinnersuit fron DoA2U but nope. they gave him a devil bondage outfit instead to go with Icarus Hayate

Jann Lee.... I just don't what to say

Squizzo

Jann and Mila's Halloween outfits are god awful. It's a shame because I like all the other Halloween outfits, even bondage Ein.

David Gregg

I actually like Jann's costume b/c it's a pure troll outfit. lol. Mila's may be a bad costume but it's a well-made bad costume if that makes sense. I have to give TN props for actually creating 28 unique costumes for every character (minus Alpha but she doesn't matter. lol).

I'd say the worst outfits are the Christmas santas DLC for the guys. About as generic as you can get, every guy gets the same one (except Mr. Strong), and they all look like they have a gut.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Mummy Hayabusa, not for the fact that it's bad just that it was picked over a costume with potential.... same goes for foam dragon Jann Lee and Devil Ein

I agree with Hayabusa and Jann Lee. But I must disagree with Ein's costume! D: It's actually really cool, imaginative, detailed (which normally only the girl's costumes are) and goes perfect with Hayate's Kid Icarus costume and Hitomi's Angel.

The worst of the bunch are in my oppinion:
Hayabusa (really lame), Jann Lee (WTF?!), Momiji (being half naked doesn't save the lameness), Mila (WTF?!) Sarah (lame recolor).

Darkton93

I'll be honest, I'm easy to please. I think shirtless Ein compliments the character (an escaped test subject with a thing for odd outfit choices), I didn't mind Mummy Hayabusa, and Bayman's regular scuba outfit makes a bit of sense. With that being said, I can recognize problems when I see them. Namely...

Bayman's DOA1 Costume 5
DOA1_Bayman_C5.png

An eye-searing piece with colors that don't match what is supposed to be shown.

Every swimsuit. I play DOA for the fighting. Xtreme bores me, to be honest. This doesn't help the reputation of the game. Same goes for the bunny outfits.

benderlax

There are a lot of costumes I don't like; this is just a few:

Ayane: Succubus.

Mila: Costume 6, and her mummy outfit.

Hitomi: Clown outfit, her Halloween 2014, her Halloween 2015.

Kasumi: Her angel costume.

Christie: Her devil costume.

Lisa: Costume 9, her Halloween 2017.

Leifang: Her LR outfit, her Halloween 2015.

Helena: Her 18th costume, her Christmas ribbons, her SK outfit.

Tina: Her SK outfit, her 26th costume.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Newest Offender
View attachment 25032

Other offenders being Jann Lee's redesigned C2 and Hayate's Assassins hood outfit which also reminds me of Noctis' Tekken 7 original costume.

Hmm...I'm waiting for better footage before I judge Ryu's new look. What I found a bit worrying though was what I saw of his backside. It looked as if he's going for that same vacuumed sausage skin look as SC's Taki, lol.

soul_calibur___kunoichi_heroine_ii___taki_by_caliburwarrior-d87ab6c.png

On the other costumes I agree. I think they look bad compared to the beautiful costume designs of DOA5. They now are either bland and boring or silly. I especially don't like Hayate's new look:

dead_or_alive_6_reveal_screen_4.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

DOA6 trailer at least teased either his DOA5 C1 as an alt(which tbf I also don't like or the hood is toggleable if nothing else.

Jadeinchains

The IGN article stated their masks/hoods are destructible. So I guess that was still his new costume just without the hood (either destroyed or toggleable) to better show that face punch.

Oh so destructible clothing is going to be making a comeback that's cool. I wonder In this demo that's at E3 how many outfits the characters will have? maybe just one but maybe they'll have 2 or something and we'll get to see some more?

Brute

Standard Donor
The bodysuit is a mixed bag, but I actually really like the head of Hayabusa's new design. The crest is back to having a very beak-like design reminiscent of the falcon, and is once again shiny and seems to cast a deep shadow over the eyes, like it did with the second LBF design.

TheDragonAwakens

The bodysuit is a mixed bag, but I actually really like the head of Hayabusa's new design. The crest is back to having a very beak-like design reminiscent of the falcon, and is once again shiny and seems to cast a deep shadow over the eyes, like it did with the second LBF design.

Frankly, I think the crest is actually the worst out of all designs, even more than the NG3 design.

The first jarring thing I see about his new LBF is the shape of the hood and how it looked from the side view.
9097.jpg

The other jarring thing about the crest is how the shape looks much more 'spiky' than the NG3 design (which I do not like). The shape of the NG2 and NG1 LBF crest is a lot smoother in its design. Also, the new crest looks so fucking big that it looks like a crown to me (maybe it's just the angle I am looking from).

Lastly, I could not help but feel that Busa looks more feminine with his newest LBF hood/crest compared to his previous iterations.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lastly, I could not help but feel that Busa looks more feminine with his newest LBF hood/crest compared to his previous iterations.

I think that's not just due to the hood/crest but also because they slimmed him significantly down. In DOA5 he had really thick, muscular arms:

15959516104_8879de7808_o.jpg

In the gameplay trailer he looked much slimmer and less muscular. But again, it was a bit hard to make much out of him because he was mostly shown in the darkness. The bad compression of the IGN trailer made that even worse. I am still waiting for Koei Tecmo to release a high quality version of the trailer for the press. I guess they will be doing that on the 11th.

Brute

Standard Donor
Frankly, I think the crest is actually the worst out of all designs, even more than the NG3 design.

The first jarring thing I see about his new LBF is the shape of the hood and how it looked from the side view.
View attachment 25035

The other jarring thing about the crest is how the shape looks much more 'spiky' than the NG3 design (which I do not like). The shape of the NG2 and NG1 LBF crest is a lot smoother in its design. Also, the new crest looks so fucking big that it looks like a crown to me (maybe it's just the angle I am looking from).

I agree that the back of the hood should have a "lip" as it did in previous iterations. That said, this is still my second favorite crest (NG2 design being my favorite by a considerable margin).

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I think for Hayate's hood costume, it's more the gloves than the hood that irritate me. idk why just can't put my finger on it.

other than that, i think it's kewl

then again i have bad fashion taste so who knows lol

TheDragonAwakens

I think for Hayate's hood costume, it's more the gloves than the hood that irritate me. idk why just can't put my finger on it.

other than that, i think it's kewl

then again i have bad fashion taste so who knows lol

Well, Hayate's new gloves look very skintight and has a terrible colour scheme to go together with his armguards.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayate's costume primarily annoys me because the torso area looks like it belongs to a completely different outfit when juxtaposed with the leggings, footwear and hood. The texture is completely different, but the design isn't interesting enough to justify how much it stands out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD