Worst DOA character ever?

synce

My initial impression of Alpha in DOA5 is that she's total garbage. She makes DOA4 Tengu look like a magnificent, feathered king. Well, for now anyway. There may be some hidden potential buried way down there... I mean she's just so cool looking! It has to be there! Let's look for it guise.

synce

Yeah definitely, you're either going to get some oohs and ahhs or a lot of insults lol Anyway I haven't developed any solid strats but I've been punishing wake up kicks with floating P and baiting a lot of low counters with her kicks. Gotta work on some combos...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
In DOAD her :8::H+P: offensive hold was great for jumping over and beating wake-up kicks and since the opponent was attacking you would get counter or high-counter damage as well. Is that still true in 5?

synce

I knew I wasn't imagining things, it really did go over the kick! So yes that's another good tool in DOA5.

Also it seems :h: during FLOAT will negate an opponent's attack if timed perfectly

Nightpup

Abuse Alpha's sidestep this time around. It's easily the best one in the game. Her parry is also very, very, very useful now. Whenever you counter hold, it's a save bet to go for either :8::F+P: or :214::426::F+P:. They will almost always catch. If your opponent is smart enough to see this coming though, just :7::P: away to gather your thoughts on how to approach next. The fact that she has 3 CBs is amazing. Use it to your advantage. They all have to be held differently. Whenever you get a CB, use :3::H+K: as your launcher. Some juggles I know of in DOAD(not sure if they work in 5) are:
:P::P::P::P::P::P: Free Cancel :6::P::P::P:, :7::K:, or :P::P::P::P::K:.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I dunno why everyones on about alpha being crap .. I think shes amazing ... i will do some more research on her ... her combo potential is mad .. especially in Tag ! lol so much fun :)

synce

Guy I was totally mashing with Mila and Alpha in tag and got a 17 hit combo, I think 20+ may be possible

@nightpup
Maybe I'm doing it wrong but those combos don't seem to work in this one. Alpha usually goes under the character and out the other side lol

Also it's very tough getting a hit or grab after counter, she's practically across the screen. So maybe that was changed from DOAD too

---UPDATE---

Here's a couple things that might be useful, while I work on figuring out some cool juggles..

:6::K::P:, :214::426::F+P:
^ when playing against defensive players, if they catch on replace the OH with :3::F+K: launcher

And if you're against a wall maybe try :6::6::F+P::2::F+P: or :4::K::6::K::F: to get some breathing room. My god she is useless against a wall lol

XXxHakuxXX

OMG Alpha is so fun especially to throw punish anyone stupid enough to try to counter her. Her damage is just so nasty it's sexy XD.

synce

Holy shit, CB on 3rd hit

:F+K::K:(:F:) :3::K: (or :6::P+K:)

First kick has great range and tracking. There's potential after all :eek:

Nightpup

So, Alpha-152 might actually be viable. She can throw-punish any safe moves or free cancels on block with her 10 frame OH, and can punish any non-stunning moves on HIT with that or her 3 frame low throw. She can punish any sidestep with F+KK into a critical burst(SHE HAS 3. USE THAT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE) for a free 140+ combo.

synce

Yeah bruh, right now it seems like her only major weakness is counters. It doesn't look like anything's guaranteed after one, and I've yet to find an attack that consistently connects and doesn't get beaten out

Female Tengu

Anyone found a way to teleport without doing holds? The A.I. can teleport behind your back from miles away (basically what the she did in DOA4 all the time) but you can't do this when you are controlling her.

Hidden move or A.I. exclusive?

P.S. I think no wake up kicks and the non-existent ability to roll to the left or right (when you lie on the ground) is another thing why she sucks, in terms of defense.

Nightpup

You're thinking of her parry. And no, you can not teleport with her. Only way she teleports is:
Whenever your opponent uses a throw that puts you in wall splat, she will stand up like a normal person and instantly teleport behind your opponent.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD