Would you play doa if it was a 2D fighter ?

would you still play ?

• Total voters

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
I've been thinking about this a lot lately... I used to hate 2Ds before I picked up blazblue lol. What mechanics would have to change and what characters would be top tier ? Comment below please, I would love to hear your take on this

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
2d grapplers make up for the limited animations and movesets by enabling insane fucking abilities and magical shit. which DOA lacks, it would be boring.

also the 2d plane is no place for Sambo

Rawbietussin

If it plays like Power Stone or Rival Schools, I might reconsider but a 2D fighting game without projectiles feels off for me.

Derga

That would pretty much neuter the stage interactivity. Part of the DoA series charm and strengths are the multilayerd stages, and the clutter you can smash your opponent into. I just don't see it being as fun in a 2d space. Injustice tried, and it was shit imo.

It could work of course, with talented devs like Team Ninja, I just doubt it would work as well as in 3d, or be as fun, when you only have 2 dimensions to throw your opponent.

JKT

Would it be 2D sprites? If so, then YES lol. I think it would look pretty awesome wht the cliffhanger, environment mechanics lol. But I know lots of gameplay changes would be necessary. In short, aesthetically, yes I would.

RH_Stealth

I like DOA much better than the other FGs I've tried to play somewhat seriously, which are 2D. (SSB, MK).
I really like the 3D and don't know if I would have been attracted to DOA if it was 2D. I had a lot of FGs as a kid, and DOA2 is the one I remember most fondly. Again, might not have been that way if it was 2D.
:jannlee:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I doubt I would have even looked in DOA's direction if it was 2D. What I love about 3D fighters are the fact that they emphasize freedom. You can do so much more in a 3D fighter than you can in a 2D fighter. It's like with 2D fighters, you have to use characters a "certain way" in order to even stand a chance. In 3D fighters, you can use a character to your liking and always discover something new.

AkaShocka

I wouldn't to be honest. Characters like Christie or Bayman will have to play ddifferently because they wwon't have their stances (well this would mostly effect Christie because her jak has many of her mixup and other moves)

David Gregg

Probably but I wouldn't like it as much. Have always loved 3D fighters more and there are only a few 2D fighters (SSB, UMVC3, P4) that I will play and even then they don't compare to 3D fighters for me. I hate feeling restricted to a 2D plane.

Rapham0n

Probably but I wouldn't like it as much. Have always loved 3D fighters more and there are only a few 2D fighters (SSB, UMVC3, P4) that I will play and even then they don't compare to 3D fighters for me. I hate feeling restricted to a 2D plane.

THIS^^

You can just do so much more in 3D fighters. There are so many more options, along with so many more play styles you can use. Compared to 3D fighters, 2D fighters really do feel very restricted with what you can do. Also in 2D fighters it looks really silly when everyone is trying to jump-kick each other the entire time.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
If it was a weird over the top off-shoot that had actual sprites, I would be into it. Honestly though wanting to play using a 2D sprite of Mila is about 50% of the motivation there.
I would love to play a Final Fight type game with DOA characters too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD