(WWE) The Rock

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
People needs to understand that if The Rock would have stayed longer, he would have gotten stale.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Also, I disagree with the point about Jericho being better than The Rock. Strictly wrestling-wise, sure, Jericho is better than The Rock (just like MANY guys are better than Stone Cold). Overall entertainment-wise (which WWE is really about), NO ONE IN HISTORY is better than The Rock, IMO.

If I were to make a "Top 10 All-Time" list (limited by the years of my active watching ... early 1990s - present), it would go something like ...

1. The Rock
  2. Shawn Michaels
  3. Stone Cold
  4. Triple H
  5. Hulk/Hollywood Hogan
  6. Kurt Angle
  7. Eddie Guerrero
  8. Undertaker
  9. Bret Hart
  10. Randy Orton

I'm sorry, but this list is very generic, and Randy Orton? Really? His mic skills are as bad as Shawn's, his gimmick gets annoying and his wrestling routine is so predictable I don't need to watch him fight anymore. CM Punk is FAR superior in every way possible.

A lot of these wrestlers are not complete packages. Punk and Jericho didn't meet the success of a lot of these superstars, but they are better and deserve more credit.

Real top 10:

1. CM Punk (Best IN the world)
2. Chris Jericho
3. Kurt Angle
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock (average wrestler with a charismatic touch and GREAT mic skills)
6. Shawn Michaels (great in-ring technician, but had boring tendencies)
7. HHH
8. Stone Cold
9. Undertaker (low cause of his mic skills and just stupid gimmicks)
10. Lita (say somethin)

Trust me, I love the Rock just as much as the next guy, but the Rock never worked harder than Punk has in the ring, and he doesn't deserve to be number 1 on any list and he knows it.

Game Over

My list was made considering wrestlers' overall impact on the show throughout the span of time I've been a viewer. Call the list generic if you want (certainly everyone's opinion will differ), but do understand that the list accounts for more factors than just "current popularity", "current state of character", "pure ring-talent", "who I like", etc. Keep in mind the perspective that viewers don't tune-in to watch a guy like CM Punk nowadays like viewers tuned-in to see a guy like The Rock or Stone Cold during the "Attitude Era". Take WWE's current roster and "PG" state, and put it up against WCW's old roster during the Monday Night Wars, and WWE would get CRUSHED.

To clarify a few points ...

... CM Punk should move higher up my list over time, but as of now, he hasn't done enough yet (over his career) to make the Top 10 (definitely has not topped Edge yet, in an overall sense)

... Randy Orton is where he is at because he is the last top level active roster guy with legitimate "Attitude Era" cred (F*CK JOHN CENA!!!), is PHENOMENALLY great as a heel (which essentially put him on the list), beat John Cena AND HHH in a championship match at Wrestlemania, and might go as high as Top 5 when he finally hangs his boots

... I am a major fan of Chris Jericho, and feel he was STELLAR as a heel (if he had that gimmick running during the Atttitude Era, he might be #6 on my list), but WWE has consistently nerfed his bookings on the show in order to put other guys over, so he has not had the amount of impact on the show over the years that he potentially could have, and I reflected this on my list

Point is, when talking about overall IMPACT in regards to an all-time list, you can't legitimately put someone over a guy like The Rock or Shawn Michaels simply because you like him better. Rock/StoneCold/HBK/HHH/etc were CENTERPOINTS of their era(s), and NO ONE could STEAL ... THE ... SHOW quite like Shawn Michaels. So far, the best match CM Punk has had (impact/entertainment-wise) was his infamous match against Cena at Money in the Bank 2011, which benefited HEAVY by his AMAZING promos, Vince's involvement to parallel it with the "Montreal Screwjob", and the fact that his win could be seen as a big "F*** YOU!!" to the company. It was a RARE high point for WWE (which they quickly squandered), but it does not push Punk to the top of the list.

Anyway, I reiterate that people's opinions about this will naturally differ, so I care not to drag this on. I just wanted to chime-in on the couple posts I quoted earlier.

ADD:
And since I've mentioned Money in the Bank 2011, I'd like to say that CM Punk has taken a downgrade, SIGNIFICANTLY, since then. Just go back and watch that match, and remind yourself of the level Punk was at at that time. Nowadays, Punk is just the top heel on the show. Back then, he was BEYOND the "face/heel" status, he was BEYOND being just a character on the show, what he was was a giant "F*** YOU!!" to the company and all of its trends, tropes, stereotypes, generic acts, routines, conventions, etc. And all of that "magic", all of that "spark", plain and simply got lost over time, as WWE could not bear to actually center the show around someone not named John Cena. This can also be seen by the fact they had John Cena win over Brock Lesnar for ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECTABLE REASON at Extreme Rules last year.

**** JOHN CENA!!!!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Well, The Rock is now WWE Champion once again. And John Cena won his 2nd Royal Rumble. You already know what's gonna happen...

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
His fake surprised look he always has when he wins a rumble/mitb/etc. always angers me because it's soooo obvious it's fake. "What? I won ? Wow, so unexpected. *troll face*"

iUXvW508AzOg7.png

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Screw that shit, Brock Lesnar is back! And he signed a 2-Year Deal. So... if possible, could we see Rock/Brock II?

Julius Rage

You can add Eddie Guerrero, Roddy Piper, Stone Cold to that list ... unless you'd rather just put an "etc."

I forgot Austin and Piper but Eddie. . .he really wasn't a savant on the mic. He had great facial expressions and his move set oozed charisma (The fake chair shot, Three amigo's, the shake, ect.) but all that put together isn't enough to over come his lack of ability on the mic.

Benoit was and still is one of my favorite guys to watch in the ring and is in my personal top 10 but the baby killer couldn't cut a promo to save his life so when he was good or bad you only really knew because of the way he wrestled, his facials and whatever storyline they concocted for the guy.

So I put guys like Benoit, Eddie, Chavo, Bret, Bulldog, Shelton, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Ziggler and a lot of those phenominal workers into a different catagory - they are wrestlers not entertainers.

And don't ever get it twisted: You come for the wrestling, you stay for the entertainers.

Oh and heres my top 10

1) The Rock
2) Triple H
3) Austin
4) Micheals
5) Kurt Angle
6) Jeff Jerrett (The guy is so fucking underrated)
7) Sting
8) Hollywood Hulk (Only in WCW)
9) Austin Aries
10) Booker T (His runs as King Booker and African Booker with the Main Event Mafia we're hilarious.)

Honorable Mentions: Monty Brown, Christian Cage, Batista, DDP, Sid

Julius Rage

CENA IS BORING!

Why does WWE not just push Sheamus into the John Cena spot and make Cena a mid card attraction? Everyone likes Sheamus, Half the audience HATES Cena = Easy choice.

Now I'm not saying it should be Sheamus vs Rock (Thats stupid) but Rock vs Cena. . .seen it, don't care if John wins the strap and turns heel either, he jumped the shark about 2 years ago.

If anything I'd have wanted to see Rock vs. Jericho, Rock vs. Lesnar vs. Cena or, if they have to do Rock/Cena 2 then they should make it a world title unification match and put the WHC on Cena.

I bought a DVR for two reasons
1) To watch and record Showtime original series.
2) To fast forward through god awful Monday Night Raw episodes.

I watch an average of 30 minutes of that 3 hour abortion every Tuesday morning before I go to work and then it gets deleted. . .complete and total shit save for the Rock, Ryback, Sheamus and Punk.

Leady?

Lotsa good names already mentioned here. Totally understand The Gamer's aspect. WWE/WWF/WCW,etc. wasn't jsut about wrestling. ENTERTAINMEEEENT >=] To add on - Kevin Nash awwwyeaaaah. Muthafuckin Road Dawg Jesse James and Badass Billy Gunn (DX in all totally was like, HILARIOUS, and awesome). The fucking HARDY BOYS. Holy Shinolla these guys were like, 70% stuntmen. Rey muthafuckin Mysterio Jr.!!!! That dude was so lil but so balsy. Trapeze artist status. Mick fucking Foley - talk about hardcore. He's been in ICP's movie Big Money Hustlas. You guys remember that fucking hell in a cell vs Undertaker? Good times.

How bout Diamond Dallas Page? BANG! Muthafucka was in Devil's Rejects mmmmhm. I saw him vs The Warrior live when I was liek, 10 or so. Ha. GOLLLLLLLLDBERRRRRRRG. Damn he was explosive as fuck. Starred in the gory comedy Santa's Slay.

Hella nostalgia @_@

Julius Rage

The only problem I'm having with The Rock nowadays is that he uses the adjective "Homeless" too often.

John Cena = Homeless Power Ranger

CM Punk = Homeless Vampire Boy

Paul Heyman = Homeless Walrus

Ok, last one was mine but you get it - I think hes used homeless once before to describe CM Punk. Not saying it isn't funny because the shit is hilarious the way he frames it up. I'm just saying that if he ends up in a fued with Brock Lesnar and calls him a homeless bitch or something that hes said it before.

Then again, why complain, I'd rather hear Rock say something mildly funny a dozen times than hear a single John Cena promo.

Oh and my Raw DVR stop watch fell in at 24 minutes and 17 seconds.

My Impact Wrestling DVR was just under the whole two hours - the only thing I kind of fastworded through was the Miss Tessmacher match - her offense is funny but it gets depressing watching her rub her poonanny into someones face that isn't mine.

Game Over

List of ways faith in WWE can be restored (come Wrestlemania) ...

1) Randy Orton has an EPIC match .. loses .. snaps .. TURNS HEEL ... and is then back to being used as the TOP LEVEL talent that he is!

2) Let the Undertaker's last WM match (vs HHH) BE his last WM match!

3) If neither CM Punk or Brock Lesnar gets worked into the WWE title match, CM PUNK vs BROCK LESNAR is a match that could potentially be a SHOW STEALER (especially if Heyman screws Punk) ... and lead into an interesting feud with CM Punk eventually returning to his "Voice of the Voiceless" character from 2011!

4) Dolph Ziggler STEALING THE SHOW, cashing-in the MITB on the big stage to become World Heavyweight Champion! (circumstances irrelevant)

5) Keep The Shield relevant and looking strong, and have them do SOMETHING of significance at 'Mania! (specifics irrelevant)

6) If the Rock vs Cena main event will be kept as is ...

... this is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT PART ...

... for faith in WWE to be restored ...

... WWE must do something people DO NOT see coming ...

... WWE must FINALLY take the risk ...

... Have The Rock win the match (again) ...

... but afterwards ...

... instead of John Cena returning to the locker room like a good boy ...

... he returns to the ring during Rock's celebration ...

... AND ...
... TURNS ...

... HEEL (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!) ...

... laying The Rock out, and either spitting on, stomping on, or otherwise disgracing the WWE title belt ...

... with the icing on the cake being Vince McMahon showing up at the entrance ramp ...

... and exchanging looks with Cena that tell THE WHOLE STORY on Cena's way back to the locker room.

And the next night on RAW, we have John Cena cut the promo of his life(!!), with points being focused on him now being SICK of carrying the company on his back, SICK of all this recent spotlight going to The Rock, and SICK of all the backstage company politics that is invisible to the world! The fans would not be Cena's problem, the company would be Cena's problem. Throw-in CM Punk somewhere in there remarking that "Cena finally grew back a pair ... ", and the two of them align themselves with THE SHIELD to start (and recruit others to join) an all-new super-faction, the likes not seen since NWO, and take a stand against the many wrongs WWE has wrought over the recent set of years!!!

Also, this "new" John Cena will have a "new" theme song ...

Game Over

And WOW if remixes like this don't make a guy like Randy Orton look like the TOP-LEVEL SUPERSTAR that he is!!!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD