Xbox 360 version still unplayable for me

TRI Mike

I just got the patch for the 360 version and the game's online multiplayer is still unbearable. I'm getting mostly 1-bar opponents which is normal given I live in this place. But even when I got a couple of 3-bars the game was in a very heavy slow-down and input lag was almost a second. It's simply not viable like this. The curious thing is that I have the PS3 version as well. Both consoles are connected wired to the same router, to the same modem. Yet, the PS3 version was fine pre-patch and really good post-patch.

This is very weird because normally, Xbox 360 gives me a much better online experience than the PS3. Games like VF5FS, Halo, Forza, SCV and others are really acceptable online in my 360 while my PS3 games like KOF13, SSF4AE, Resistance and GT5 are laggy sometimes. DOA5 should be the same exact game in both consoles but I simply can't play it on 360.

Is there something I can do¿ I already tried plugging the console directly to the modem and changing the cable with zero luck. What can I do¿

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You're just having bad luck if you're doing fine on the PS3 version. Play later at night when the kiddies go to bed.

Omegan Eckhart

3 bar connections are gonna feel sluggish, with the occasional exception here and there. The patch just made good connections actually play as well as they should. I doubt you will see a difference with the bars, they will just give you a clearer indication of what the connection will be like.

Ace Flibble

Mine's been weird. Pre-patch on 360 I found it perfectly playable against other UK players but useless against anyone in mainland EU, let alone America/Canada. Post-patch my connection with EU and US players is much better to the point where lobby matches at least good enough for casual fun, but my connection with UK players is far worse. Today I ran into a Leifang player I was matched against a few times a couple of days ago. Before we had a mostly lag-free fight. Today the match was grinding to a hault and flicking between no lag and extreme lag. I think that's not just that it's more laggy with some people, it's that the lag is inconsistent and goes from one extreme to the other.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Its player dependant for me. Some matches are really smooth while others are not.

Chaos

I think it depends on which internet service your using (comcast, AT&T etc.....) or it could be the country/state you lived in.

Edit: I never though a wired internet connetion would be superior than wireless....I guess wi-fi is overrated. LOL

Omegan Eckhart

This game's netcoding is still trash, according to online Bass and Bayman both have faster mid attacks than Helena. My connection, download, upload and my ping are godly so no it's not my internet being crap. This is game will die off after a little while. No fighting game can survive when the online is this bad.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Although you can join the public lobbies you selected now, I'm still having problems joining friend lobbies. Also, my connection with FakeSypha and Wizzy last night were consistently good, albeit having 1-bar connections and living in Argentina. Again, I was using a wired connection.

#seriouspost

FakeSypha

@Mike Oh, so that's why I haven't seen you online all this time. You're on PSN, leaving your XBL Latin bros behind, lol! Nah, kidding. I'm glad you can at least have a decent online play on the PS3 version. We should test our connections again and see how it goes post-patch.
It's really weird... We spent a good amount of time playing VF5FS with no such problems.

Although you can join the public lobbies you selected now, I'm still having problems joining friend lobbies. Also, my connection with FakeSypha and Wizzy last night were consistently good, albeit having 1-bar connections and living in Argentina. Again, I was using a wired connection.

#seriouspost
Now that you mention it. Indeed, it was quite good. I mean, not by DrDogg high standards, but still damn fine and playable. So much smoother than the people I find on ranked. Oh well, I can't ask for more considering the distances. I'm on a wired connection too.

WiZzYx

Now that you mention it. Indeed, it was quite good. I mean, not by DrDogg high standards, but still damn fine and playable. So much smoother than the people I find on ranked. Oh well, I can't ask for more considering the distances. I'm on a wired connection too.

laughing.gif

BTW, I have all my gadgets, connected via wireless. I can't find any differences with wired connection.

FakeSypha

Wireless is well known for having fluctuations on the signal quality and intensity. It also depends on the distance from the router and the interference from other wireless/IR devices. That leads to packet loss, and thus eventually LAG. I'm not saying wireless is totally unplayable, but it's unstable. I'd switch to wired if I were you...

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Wireless is well known for having fluctuations on the signal quality and intensity. It also depends on the distance from the router and the interference from other wireless/IR devices. That leads to packet loss, and thus eventually LAG. I'm not saying wireless is totally unplayable, but it's unstable. I'd switch to wired if I were you...
i would LOVE to have wired instead of wireless, but at the moment, unless I get my sister's room (my old room) back, which has the computer and router in it, I have to deal with using wireless.

Sagittarius

The lag is still pretty bad for me, and there was this weird glitch that said I signed out mid-match when I didn't. Plus, I haven't even been able to find more than 3 ranked matches since the patch..
I've literally left it searching for almost a half hour yesterday and got nothing. This game is like, impossible to enjoy online.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

It seems that the ranked-playing population is bigger here in Europe than on your hemisphere. Usually at worst I have to wait like 5-10 minutes for an opponent, and on a good night less than 30 seconds on average.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD