y ppl mad

synce

Every now and then I'll hang out at this friend's and play some doa4 on his live account (mine can't go online), and I swear I can't enter a room without someone rage quitting on me or telling me to 'get on my main account', because apparently I derive some kind of pleasure from resetting my progress. WTF is wrong with people? The game's nearly 7 years old, there's barely any players, how can anyone care so much about ranks still?

And if you're the A+/S tag team that kept rage quitting on my B+ Tengu today, I just want to thank you for the the laughs :confused:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
A year ago I joined a random online lobby of three players. I beat them all once, not showboating or anything. They didn't rage quit, and as I left due to not wanting to hog the room (and a bit of boredom), I received a message from the host that asked me "Can you please leave?".

I decided to have some fun and respond with "Sure, no problem. Thank you for the matches!". My message was in Japanese, so the reply was "WTF Asshole!?".

Sigh... people. Anonymity. Online. I never get that kind of shit offline.

For some lols, I recommend checking out http://www.ragequitters.com

Allan Paris

Surprisingly I haven't got any messages. I played for the past 2 days. I haven't heard a word, I thought attitudes changed. I guess not.

How would you guys define ragequitting in DOA?

I don't ever quit right before I lose a match, but I'll still get called out by my brother if he's watched me lose repeatedly and quit right as the match starts because my opponent refuses to go back to the lobby and let me leave peacefully. It's just not very fair to go up against a super strong opponent and back out with minimal fuss and still get accused of ragequitting.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ragequitting means quitting at the end of the match when you know you'll lose.

Quitting at the beginning because the game doesn't allow you to exit otherwise is fair game, but it's always best to quit during the match before yours.

Allan Paris

I don't ever quit right before I lose a match, but I'll still get called out by my brother if he's watched me lose repeatedly and quit right as the match starts because my opponent refuses to go back to the lobby and let me leave peacefully. It's just not very fair to go up against a super strong opponent and back out with minimal fuss and still get accused of ragequitting.

After so many matches of you getting pummeled; there is a concede defeat option if you press start. How many matches you need to get this to show up I have no clue.

After so many matches of you getting pummeled; there is a concede defeat option if you press start. How many matches you need to get this to show up I have no clue.

I did not know this. I'll try and remember it the next time I hop on DOA4 and bite off more than I can chew.

synce

Haha, cool, never knew that either...

Yesterday I went online again and ran into 3 quitters in a row. One was called RIP DOA (SS Kasumi), the other was Da Killah something (SS Tina), can't remember the third guy.

Today I ran into another tag pair of quitters, I think one was called soykira or something. Beat them like 3-4 times before they left the room. Then I played an Ayane that was lag switching and quit at the end despite being a lower rank than me lol This is literally like one room after another.

DOA IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Shinigamimatt

Haha, cool, never knew that either...

Yesterday I went online again and ran into 3 quitters in a row. One was called RIP DOA (SS Kasumi), the other was Da Killah something (SS Tina), can't remember the third guy.

Today I ran into another tag pair of quitters, I think one was called soykira or something. Beat them like 3-4 times before they left the room. Then I played an Ayane that was lag switching and quit at the end despite being a lower rank than me lol This is literally like one room after another.

DOA IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!
Get ready for all that about 10x more in DOA5.

akhi216

Standard Donor
The last time I played DOA4 I beat a guy playing conservatively; keeping his Kasumi away while free step dancing with Lisa. He send me a message after the match complaining that "I play like nubs, hang back, blah blah blah." I replied to him that it says a lot about him if he can't beat a guy who "plays like nubs."

d3v

After awhile you should just get used to it and consider them "badges of honor." At least that's what some of us used to say over at SRK (in SF). I recall telling some newer folks to consider them "moral victories" since it meant that they were doing something right.

x Sypher x

the other was Da Killah something (SS Tina)

Da Killah huh? I'm familiar with him, I used to run into him every once in a while, he's pretty good.

On another note, I think the funniest rage quit I've ever experienced was this one time I was playing another Busa, mirror match. It was tied 2-2 and during the final round, near the very end, he force teched me from the ground with :1::P: and :9::K:. I was low on life, and as I was standing up I made a huge gamble by predicting he would attempt to catch me with :6::6::F+P:. And sure enough I was right, and in response I threw out the :624::F+P: Izuna (2P side) and it connected! It was enough to kill him but right before I could slam his head onto the ground he quit. It was the funniest shit ever.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I rarely get hate mail. And in the occasion that I do, the people who send it try to make amends eventually.

I dunno if it's because I'm reluctant to respond to hate mail or because word gets around about me being a nice guy, but I don't have these problems for long. If anything, I get word about occasional bad rumors about me, but that's it.

PhoenixVFIRE

Da Killah, lol wow. I was in a room the other day with one of my friends and I had the crown. My friend and I were just listening to everyone talk in the room and everyone was saying that I was trash or didn't deserve my SS(which I'll agree, I don't since I basically got it after SO long from fighting my friends or just random people online). Da Killah and Darth Vader join the room, but only Darth Vader actually gets in line. I've played and beaten him before, he's got a pretty good Wong. Man, he took the crown from me and wow, Da Killah and everyone in the lobby just kept going on about how I was trash and such. I was sitting there talking to my friend saying, "I'm trash, yet I've had the crown? lol OK! /clap." I've played Da Killah before and his Ayane is good, that's all I know.

There are a few different people I avoid when I'm online because even when they WIN they talk shit. Anyone with the name Santos(Nadia, Mileena, etc..) Electrified(Gurl, Mann, etc..) Alex McGanda, PS I Love You(changes her/him/it's name all the time) I think it's LightUpMyLife now or something and a few others. What is it with DOA and attracting people who like to pretend to be a girl/guy??? It's fucking weird...:confused:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
There are a few different people I avoid when I'm online because even when they WIN they talk shit. Anyone with the name Santos(Nadia, Mileena, etc..) Electrified(Gurl, Mann, etc..) Alex McGanda, PS I Love You(changes her/him/it's name all the time) I think it's LightUpMyLife now or something and a few others. What is it with DOA and attracting people who like to pretend to be a girl/guy??? It's fucking weird...:confused:
Of the few you mentioned, I haven't had many issues with them. But times have changed, obviously, so I must know something...

If they're as bad as you say they are now, have they been talking shit about me behind their back?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD