y ppl mad

PhoenixVFIRE

Of the few you mentioned, I haven't had many issues with them. But times have changed, obviously, so I must know something...

If they're as bad as you say they are now, have they been talking shit about me behind their back?
I wouldn't know since I tend to avoid them, but I'll let you know if anyone says anything. Awesmic, for the most part, people know you throughout the community as having one of the best Christie's out there. I don't think they would have the guts to talk shit to you, because they KNOW you can back up what you say and you have a reputation as a nice person in general throughout the community. When it comes to other players like myself, I'm not known(that I know of) therefore, I'm just an average player who anyone can say anything about. I haven't achieved anything or made a name for myself. Now I'm not saying that if you're well known in the community that you won't get trash talk and messages(especially since it's mostly new gamers on DOA4 nowadays or point farmers who don't know most of the older players), but it tends to happen less often I would assume, than for someone who like I said before doesn't have a well known rep for something.

Codemaster92163

There are a few different people I avoid when I'm online because even when they WIN they talk shit. Anyone with the name...Electrified(Gurl, Mann, etc..)

I've had the exact opposite experience with ElectrifiedMan. Not only is he a really great player, but I talk to him the few times I get online and he's a really cool person to talk to. In fact, he was warning me about the troll in our lobby just a few nights ago xD

I hope you and I are not talking about the same player. I never saw him being rude/an asshole to anyone.

PhoenixVFIRE

I've had the exact opposite experience with ElectrifiedMan. Not only is he a really great player, but I talk to him the few times I get online and he's a really cool person to talk to. In fact, he was warning me about the troll in our lobby just a few nights ago xD

I hope you and I are not talking about the same player. I never saw him being rude/an asshole to anyone.
I only know one, so maybe he was having an off day with me :/ By the way, I'm sure a lot of these players had older gamertags because I'm ALWAYS seeing new names in lobbies. It wasn't until within the past few months that all these names started to appear.

daman077c

PS I Love You(changes her/him/it's name all the time) I think it's LightUpMyLife now or something

I've played her (yes, it's a she) twice; the first coming during a tournament that Allen put on over on the old DOACentral forums. She came in all high and mighty saying "I'm sorry, I don't normally play someone as low as you," because she had an SS rank and I was only a B- (Mind you, I don't have internet at home, so I have to take my 360 to a game lounge to play online). Granted, I know I'm not the greatest player, but seriously, I avoid that shit like the plague.

Most of the people I play against online I don't have a problem with.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I had 2 rage quits on me this weekend alone after I won with Bass. In one case, I messaged the player and called him trash. We ended up verbally jousting for a bit before he jumped into the room I was in, aching to get a match against me. Nell Long played him, and he quit again. So much scrubbiness, you reckon you were fighting an SOS pad for cryin out loud. Heh.

PhoenixVFIRE

I've played her (yes, it's a she) twice; the first coming during a tournament that Allen put on over on the old DOACentral forums. She came in all high and mighty saying "I'm sorry, I don't normally play someone as low as you," because she had an SS rank and I was only a B- (Mind you, I don't have internet at home, so I have to take my 360 to a game lounge to play online). Granted, I know I'm not the greatest player, but seriously, I avoid that shit like the plague.

Most of the people I play against online I don't have a problem with.
well, the reason why I say she/he/it is because so many people tell me different things about "it", whether it's a guy pretending to be a girl or a girl or a really flamboyant guy and this DOESN'T surprise me at all because DOA has a thing for attracting people like this it's kinda annoying and I've seen this before >_> So, I tend to avoid these asshole's like the plague as you do.

I remember playing Helena in a room against someone and she joined and started talking madshit about my Helena. Ok, first off, Helena isn't my main. Secondly, no one was saying anything to her or provoked her in any way, it was out of nowhere and straight up RUDE. I think my Helena is pretty fair and I can hold my own against people, but I don't claim to be super duper amazing with her(It's easy to LOOK good with Helena because she's flashy and has a crazy mind game). In fact, a lot of the stuff I know with Helena, I picked up from Codemaster92163 back in the day. When she joined and beat me and critiqued every move I did, I was saying, "Wow bitch, you need to back off, your Helena ain't no shit either! I know plenty of Helena's that would make yours look like crap, so quit acting high and mighty. Of course she thinks she's the best and ask's who?(I'm sitting here thinking, really?) Codemaster, Mamba and a few others would make your Helena look like garbage. I totally avoid her/him/it, the most out of anyone. Such a shit talker.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
well, the reason why I say she/he/it is because so many people tell me different things about "it", whether it's a guy pretending to be a girl or a girl or a really flamboyant guy and this DOESN'T surprise me at all because DOA has a thing for attracting people like this it's kinda annoying and I've seen this before >_> So, I tend to avoid these asshole's like the plague as you do.

I remember playing Helena in a room against someone and she joined and started talking madshit about my Helena. Ok, first off, Helena isn't my main. Secondly, no one was saying anything to her or provoked her in any way, it was out of nowhere and straight up RUDE. I think my Helena is pretty fair and I can hold my own against people, but I don't claim to be super duper amazing with her(It's easy to LOOK good with Helena because she's flashy and has a crazy mind game). In fact, a lot of the stuff I know with Helena, I picked up from Codemaster92163 back in the day. When she joined and beat me and critiqued every move I did, I was saying, "Wow bitch, you need to back off, your Helena ain't no shit either! I know plenty of Helena's that would make yours look like crap, so quit acting high and mighty. Of course she thinks she's the best and ask's who?(I'm sitting here thinking, really?) Codemaster, Mamba and a few others would make your Helena look like garbage. I totally avoid her/him/it, the most out of anyone. Such a shit talker.
So, Lena hasn't changed after all. Lena's only "nice" to better players, if not ragequit against them.

Arnell Long

Yep. I beat "PS I Love You" on different occasions with my Bayman, Kasumi, etc and I was say good match. Guess she doesn't remember me but she always tend to talk mad shit. I like "calm down, this just a game, if you dislike my playstyle or me winning then you could leave aka issue solved". Of course that didn't help, she just shit talked until I no longer responded then eventually left

So Awesmic, her being nice to better players isn't true. Definitely seeing as how I showed respect to her and embarrassingly thought she'd do the same.

I get rage quits "every time" I play in a room that has more than 2 people...tsk, tsk, and tsk...

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Arnell, in those cases, you pretty much have to keep it to mind over matter, you don't mind, and they don't matter. Working with an online business, I find that people rely on the safety of anonymity to be the trash they don't have the nerve to be face to face with someone else. And it's a bloody shame, because you can miss out on a lot being that narrow.

Arnell Long

Arnell, in those cases, you pretty much have to keep it to mind over matter, you don't mind, and they don't matter. Working with an online business, I find that people rely on the safety of anonymity to be the trash they don't have the nerve to be face to face with someone else. And it's a bloody shame, because you can miss out on a lot being that narrow.

I kill em with kindness, of course it doesn't work on everyone as you saw with that guy Pei Mei who I beat with my Kasumi only to have him sore loser it up. And face to face, oh how I would love such a situation. But yea Lost, I agree with your statement though.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Heh, I remember that too. Which is also a shame, because I have him on my friends list, and he's been pretty cool for the most part, until that incident. I know I am nowhere near as solid in the game as I was, and yeah, I'll moan about higher ranked players using ninjas, but it's not the end all be all for me. I could do the same, but I wouldn't enjoy myself as much as I do playing my mains. That means more to me than points. And one can hope it will be the same way again for everybody when 5 comes out. Til then, gotta keep learning and improving.

Arnell Long

Yea I beat your friend every time I play him and he sends me hate mail, I'm like dude, avoid me or just don't play me all together. But he insists on joining my room only to lose and get anal about it. I, Arnell Long do not avoid people, so I'll beat him as many times as he likes...eventually he'll get the memo...cause you know...shit gets old for people after awhile.

But yea, that's why you notice I play/played with mostly Bayman and Lisa if I'm not going random. Yea Ksumi is my main and love to beat other high ranked Ninja players, but I get tired of people crapping on the Kasumi when the truth be told, she's one of the unsafest characters in the game, very few string finishers are safe on block which is why she's so fast. Anyhow, glad that my Bayman and Lisa deals with the naysayers lol. Hopefully when DOA5 comes out people's mind-frame will be a bit more mature and understanding....wishful thinking...

Shinigamimatt

That's why you notice I play/played with mostly Bayman and Lisa. Yea Ksumi is my main and love to beat other high ranked Ninja players, but I get tired of people crapping on the Kasumi when the truth be told, she's one of the unsafest characters in the game, very few string finishers are safe on block which is why she's so fast. Anyhow, glad that my Bayman and Lisa deals with the naysayers lol. Hopefully when DOA5 comes out people's mind-frame will be a bit more mature and understanding....wishful thinking...
As a Kasumi player, I know damn well what you mean. XD

It's so easy to get punished with her.

Scott

Online Kasumi is much better than offline. Her lows are much more difficult to react to. She has the fastest jab in the game, solid juggle damage, and is extremely popular. I can understand why people get tired of playing against her. I usually enjoy when someone picks a ninja against me because I have the most experience against them.

Arnell Long

Online Kasumi is much better than offline. Her lows are much more difficult to react to. She has the fastest jab in the game, solid juggle damage, and is extremely popular. I can understand why people get tired of playing against her. I usually enjoy when someone picks a ninja against me because I have the most experience against them.

Her and Christie both have 9 Frame Jabs. Yep, she's "worse" offline and is easier to react to because players can counter her on reaction and not have to worry about latency. She's also one of the unsafest characters, having less safe moves than about 80% of the roster. That's why I don't like to use her as much "Online" because I don't respect my victories as I would if I played a knowledgeable player Offline.

Scott

To me it really doesn't matter if someone wants to use Kasumi. Most of the bad kasumi players are very repetitive, throw out unsafe moves, and are easy to trick into whiffing. Kasumi's biggest weakness aside from her saftey issues are her weak grab options. If I remember correctly her fastest unbreakable throw is 12-15 frames. Her best grab 6F+P whiffs a lot due to odd camera positions, walls, and ceilings.

Do your thing and play Kasumi. She is quite beatable and low exploitation can be done with most of the roster.

Arnell Long

Yep, I agree Scott, I normally play with 4 characters which are "Kasumi, Jann Lee, Bayman, and Lisa". I have a hard time sticking to one said character. So it's quite easy for me to switch out characters.

Um, what is your Gamer Tag bro...we should get a few games in.

Scott

I'm currently without Live. I'll cetainly look you up when I get back on. Should be here sometime within the next few weeks.

With her opponent's back to the wall, it's a i5 throw. In the middle of the floor it's i10 throw. Just to get numbers accurate.

Thanks for the correction.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD