Yes or No to Patch?

Do you plan to play DOA5 more after reviewing patch details?

• Total voters

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Some of the changes don't make much sense to me, but I think they could when I finally get to play the update.

Alpha (NOT a stupid char) and Tina are my mains, and I feel like both of them got raped, and for what reason? Taking away guard breaks and making a high a mid isn't cool.

I still say the patch looks great though. I'm gonna see if I can create some new tricks for Alpha and Tina and hope for the best.

Raansu

Feature wise? Ya it was a good patch. Balance wise? It's all over the fucking place and it just feels like they didn't know what to do. Buffed characters that didn't need to be buffed, nerfed things that didn't need to be nerfed, then some characters got "buffs" that are more of a slap in the face than anything else while not fixing the biggest issue of all which is the over reliance on the stun system and lack of guaranteed tools for a lot of the cast.

For me, Hitomi's buffs, while nice, are not enough to really make want me to go back and play her. She still has to play DoA4 in a DoA5 world. And while the stuff she got will help her play DoA4 easier, it's still DoA4 for her, and she still lacks solid tools that she had in DoA4 like 4p+k (current 4p+k was 1p+k in DoA4) that was a quick guard break and didn't need to be charged at all to get an unblockable 7p and 6T still seems to only give +10 no matter what in 5 ( no mention of change to it in the notes at least) when in 4 and everything other DoA she got +15 on hi counter throw which let her get several unblockable follow ups.

Overall? This patch is not good imo. But if you're a player of one of the characters that got buffs that were way over the top, then ya you're probably happy with it.

Batcommander

I'm looking forward to it, even tho some changes are mystifying, and some lack of changes are completely baffling (Eliot didn't get shit for example).

But i'm curious; how did Tina get raped? I don't spot any nerfs, just buffs in the changelog.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm looking forward to it, even tho some changes are mystifying, and some lack of changes are completely baffling (Eliot didn't get shit for example).

But i'm curious; how did Tina get raped? I don't spot any nerfs, just buffs in the changelog.

For starters 7P,7PP,7PPP is a mid.

Batcommander

For starters 7P,7PP,7PPP is a mid.
er, those are the wind-up punches correct? The slow ass punches that are almost 30 frames, iirc? I actually thought they already were mids, tbh.

How does them becoming mid a nerf? If anything, that's a pretty nice buff imo.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I don't exactly call out Patch's name when I'm humpin' around...

But yes, I do approve personally overall. Can't really complain.

synce

I just wish the system changes they're implementing where on the disc when the game released. Does anyone remember week 1 of DOA5 online? Holy shit, I felt like a beta tester.

Batcommander

I would've liked to see more natural combos in this patch; the majority of characters still have to rely on stun shenanigans, but at least TN is on the right track.

I wonder if this will be the final patch they release for this game, or if we can expect another update ala SF4/MK9?

AegisOrnus

Mila is crouched from start to finish during her tackle. This has been my largest hang-up with her and I'm happy it's been modified. I will be coming back due to this change alone (not that I ever left).

Ghosty-J

I approve of the Zack Beam Patch (Yes that's what I'm naming it. 1.03 is too boring~). I love every single one of the system changes. Not sure exactly why the rebalance is all over the place like it is now, but I think I can adjust. I use Eliot and I personally think his nerfs isn't the end of the world. I'm glad Lisa grew a bit stronger so I'm more liable to use her more often. Hitomi's buffs pleases me and I really can't complain. Jann Lee is no longer overpowered, so now I can finally pick my all-time favorite DoA character without getting ridiculed. Glancing at Mila for a bit, her balance changes made me a little sad. But I can surely cope no problem. As for Akira... you know how I feel about that already, and I'm seriously happy about it! I gotta rep the PSN VF players, so I'm sticking with him outright as I always have.

Overall, I can't wait for this patch to drop any longer <3

TRI Mike

Many players will still complain. We have to wait and play a bit with it before jumping to conclusions. It looks nice on paper but on practice we'll have to see. Also this patch makes me be even more sure that Capcom is a fucking ripoff.

shunwong

The most important thing: The system changes (to crouching, to sidestepping, etc.) are good!

About the character changes: I'm happy for the good chars that were not nerfed or were buffed. I'm happy for the low tier chars that got buffed. I'm sad for any chars that got nerfed.

SilverForte

The system changes are all good, which is great. Some of the character adjustments are strange, like buffing all the vf chars, I mean huh? Im not complaining, I mean I use Akira and Sarah, but it just seemed strange. Also looking forward to what Ryus buffs will mean in the long run, hopefully he wont suck anymore.

PJudge

One thing I couldn't spot when reading Alpha's notes were whether her PP2KKK was still unholdable or not on block. I might have glanced over it or something, but couldn't see it! Also, Tina's 7PPP as a mid seemed a little uncalled for, as it's been a high in every other game and I didn't feel it needed changing, but whatever.

synce

@silver
I don't know about Sarah and Akira but Pai wasn't necessarily buffed. They increased her stun potential while decreasing her juggle potential. I find it more baffling that would nerf ANYTHING about the VF characters. They're guests, it's kind of an insult to Sega.

DR2K

@silver
I don't know about Sarah and Akira but Pai wasn't necessarily buffed. They increased her stun potential while decreasing her juggle potential. I find it more baffling that would nerf ANYTHING about the VF characters. They're guests, it's kind of an insult to Sega.

Eh Team Ninja is reminding people that there is a VF, that's more than Sega is doing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD