Yes or No to Patch?

Do you plan to play DOA5 more after reviewing patch details?

• Total voters

Omegan Eckhart

They can choose not to tech and try to wake up kick you, you can also not do the 6p and be at advantage with they tech. Mind games.
Lemme see if I understand:
If they tech at the first opportunity and you don't do 6P she will still be at frame advantage then? And if they choose not to tech on the second to last hit they will just end up in the old blender mix up, or did the changes to the ground game mess with the old set up?

I might try to find a second hand copy of DOA5 for my PS3 tomorrow so I can check this stuff out myself.

DR2K

Lemme see if I understand:
If they tech at the first opportunity and you don't do 6P she will still be at frame advantage then? And if they choose not to tech on the second to last hit they will just end up in the old blender mix up, or did the changes to the ground game mess with the old set up?

Yup. You have advantage if you let them tech. If they don't tech then the blender is resumed. It's in a lot of my Helena videos.

Agent Stepstool

Can't really complain, the system updates are great. I'm still frustrated over the fact that Mila was nerfed for no good reason. I was just getting decent with her too. :(

Chaos

Can't really complain, the system updates are great. I'm still frustrated over the fact that Mila was nerfed for no good reason. I was just getting decent with her too. :(
That's what happens when people cry like a big baby over a character being "OP". I was extremely nervous about Jann Lee because people was so irritated from his amazing guaranteed set ups (think goodness he didn't with a nerf bat). Right now I'm worry about Ryu, Lisa & Hayate since MaxDrago (the leader of crybabies) always asking TN to nerf this & nerf that, but I doubt they will ever listing to him lol :p

Raansu

That's what happens when people cry like a big baby over a character being "OP". I was extremely nervous about Jann Lee because people was so irritated from his amazing guaranteed set ups (think goodness he didn't with a nerf bat). Right now I'm worry about Ryu, Lisa & Hayate since MaxDrago (the leader of crybabies) always asking TN to nerf this & nerf that, but I doubt they will ever listing to him lol :p

They may as well have considering everything he complained about was nerfed.

Agent Stepstool

The more I look at some of the character specifics changes the more I think that TN paid too much attention to fans asking for buffs for their mains/nerfs for people they can't beat. Even if a character is OP, does that mean that you have to drag down well-balanced players as well? And I'm not just talking about Mila. Generally there were just many questionable changes made to the characters.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ryu is stronger in 1.03

They may as well have considering everything he complained about was nerfed.
They hardly took any of his suggestions. Most characters got buffed.

Chaos

Ryu is stronger in 1.03

IMG_20130114_213420.jpg
It's official, he's now a super ninja :)

Renarism

something as small as Tina's 7PPP being turned into a mid is what annoys me the most.
It's so small and uncalled for it's just like "wtf? what was the purpose of this?"

DR2K

something as small as Tina's 7PPP being turned into a mid is what annoys me the most.
It's so small and uncalled for it's just like "wtf? what was the purpose of this?"

It tracks now. So it was buffed, but made all mids as a nerf. Not something you'll have to worry about if you use it for its intended purpose(punish SS).

Doa_Eater

It tracks now. So it was buffed, but made all mids as a nerf. Not something you'll have to worry about if you use it for its intended purpose(punish SS).

That move does not track, it was useless before it is still useless, might as well just remove its CB and add it to something else (like a back turned CB move for example) however the second punch of 6pp6k has tracking not mentioned in the patch notes.

DR2K

That move does not track, it was useless before it is still useless, might as well just remove its CB and add it to something else (like a back turned CB move for example) however the second punch of 6pp6k has tracking not mentioned in the patch notes.

I'm probably confusing it with 6ppp that got changed.

For me, it's a definite, 'yes'. I feel like there's some ownership coming from the people who are now running DOA. They had ideas that were intended to meet their goals, and when the goals weren't met, they didn't scrap their vision, they used current tools to fix it. Ex.; They reduced the active frames for holds to nerf their usages. Alas, low DH was still an area of contention, for many. So, instead of further nerfing low DH's, they said, No, low DH's are fine. However we'll give you more moves that give you a sit-down stun on crouching foes. We'll also give you an indicator to show you when a sit-down stun occurs. Nice! They've added blind picks, improved crouching speed, they even gave fighters with stances an additional CB from their stance. They're on a good path. While there are still things to addressed, there needs to more, 'I like the way you all did (blank)', in order to tell TN the things we approve of and encourage TN to continue to mold DOA along those lines. Big 'ups' to TN. Good work.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I like the way... you still managed to fuck up despite constant feedback from various sources all complaining about the same things. That requires a special kind of stupid. Good job!

Did I do it right?

Omegan Eckhart

That's what happens when people cry like a big baby over a character being "OP".
If nerf's were a result of people complaining Jann, Lei and Fu would have got nerfed hard. The fact that the weaker characters got nerfed the most indicates character changes were a result of TN doing what they wanted rather than listening to us.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD