You all need to make sure you understand what is going on before asking Team Ninja for nerfs/buffs.

RyuJin

Message to all players. Look I know its cool to find some new tech (or old) and post it on youtube but please do not post it talking about things should be removed without doing your homework first.

From what I understand someone has posted a video of Jann Lee's H+K into 1p. This player says...

"Not To Jann Lee hate I just picked this because it was the simplest one to do.*Now this is just one example that something so easy can be abused, once the player gets hit by first kick they cannot counter at all. To me this is overpowered that one move can take away 40-60 % of your health bar. Now this set up should not be taken away but after the sit-down stun that starts the combo you should only be guaranteed only one hit and able to counter the third move. So during H+K,1PK,6P+K you should be able to counter the k in 1PK. I hope you guys at Team Ninja agree and thanks for the game."

Now let me break this down. You can SE after H+K to the point where 1p is not a counter hit making the kick or punch follow up blockable. Next when you SE after H+K 1p hits you on normal hit. Putting Jann Lee at -9. I know some of you may not like blocking but if he follows up thinking he is getting a free kick he is left at -11 after you block it. Punish the Jann Lee player please -_-.
He also stated you cannot hold the kick after 1p in that stun. That is not true you can hold it. Go into practice mode and test it yourself.

Countering it is not needed. If you find something and need help understanding it or finding a way around it please ask for help.

Thank you.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
People don't realize how one simple request can ruin a game. If you're going to request especially a nerf you need to have a educated reason why that character should be nerf. In other words unless a character is BROKEN don't request nerfs.

Also it's preferred if buffs aren't requested right now since no one played the game long enough to know what buffs are needed. Giving a character a buff out of selfishness can possibly lead to things becoming broken. We don't want that.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Apparently, when somebody says that Kasumi's juggle combos with the teleport is "cheap", Ayane's 11K & 11P, & 9K is "cheap", Brad Wong is "cheap" or Tina's ground game is "cheap" then obviously they don't know WTF they're talking about.

RyuJin

The thing is that red flags seem to come up whenever someone is having a hard time dealing with something. If anyone needs help understanding something asking questions. Post in the character forums asking how to get around something or at least how to deal with it.

You never know, the answer to your questions maybe simple.

shinryu

Agreed. I think part of the problem is there are at least a few characters that really, really need a retool and so it's sometimes hard for people to separate Helena or Lisa's situation from Jann Lee. I'm of the opinion that specific reset needs to go more since it's a glitch if I understand correctly than anything else, but for the most part nerfing just makes a game dumb and homogenous. I'd be pissed as hell if Tina's ground game got nerfed. She needs it, all the grapplers do. It's part of what makes them play so uniquely. Improving a character is usually safer and I don't think there's serious debate some characters need it. If there is we must stop the crack epidemic in the DOA scene.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
The thing is that red flags seem to come up whenever someone is having a hard time dealing with something. If anyone needs help understanding something asking questions. Post in the character forums asking how to get around something or at least how to deal with it.

Everybody expects that on a silver spoon unfortunately :p. Even though I would get bodied, I would figure out my problems on my own. I try not to be a heavy burden on you guys because nobody told you how to figure out such & such. People need to keep this in mind too: BECOMING A GOOD PLAYER AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN OVERNIGHT! And I'm relatively new to you all, even though I've been playing DOA since DOA1.

Raansu

Agreed. I think part of the problem is there are at least a few characters that really, really need a retool and so it's sometimes hard for people to separate Helena or Lisa's situation from Jann Lee. I'm of the opinion that specific reset needs to go more since it's a glitch if I understand correctly than anything else, but for the most part nerfing just makes a game dumb and homogenous. I'd be pissed as hell if Tina's ground game got nerfed. She needs it, all the grapplers do. It's part of what makes them play so uniquely. Improving a character is usually safer and I don't think there's serious debate some characters need it. If there is we must stop the crack epidemic in the DOA scene.

The problem is many of the casuals started with DoA4 and that game let you get out of everything. DoA5 now has legit tools and that pisses them off...Sadly TN is going to listen to those idiots.

RyuJin

The problem is many of the casuals started with DoA4 and that game let you get out of everything. DoA5 now has legit tools and that pisses them off...Sadly TN is going to listen to those idiots.

Well I wouldn't count TN out just yet. Other then some changes that we would have liked to have been made to the games system they have not taken anything out that did not need to be removed. So far they are doing a great job. I'm sure we will not have to worry about it. Long as we break down any problems players are having with the game.

Gill Hustle

I think our character section should follow srk model example: Ayane VS Kasumi, Ayane VS Bayman, etc, etc.

With that format it was a LOT easier to figure out my Juri/Cammy match ups vs the rest of the cast.

shinryu

People also really, really need to keep in mind online is not offline. If it's a problem online there's a good chance it's actually relatively easy to counter offline, and unfortunately you can't balance around online.* I'm not sure newer players get the distinction. I know the vets get it completely.

*I do sort of wonder if there's a way to add frames on the fly to moves to make them behave better online, like dynamically extending the recovery of moves based on the lag conditions, basically. It would hopefully not make the game feel too different but would preserve some of the things offline has (lag punishment, etc.) I'm not (that kind) of programmer though so I have no idea how difficult that sort of implementation would be. Doubt that would happen.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
People also really, really need to keep in mind online is not offline.

I've been hearing from various people that Alpha-152 should be banned at tournaments because her :2::K::K::K: is a natural combo giving her a launch. If they bothered to actually test it offline, they would have found that only the third hit natural combos from the second, and even then she has no other string follow-ups off of :2::K:.

Just posting an example, but I think the players who made an initial uproar about it were complaining about it online due to the fact you can't hold an attack on reaction making it appear to have all three hits naturally combo. Oh wellz.

DR2K

Regardless of how right some people think they are, Team Ninja is going to listen to a collective of opinions. As seen with DOA5.

Raansu

I've been hearing from various people that Alpha-152 should be banned at tournaments because her :2::K::K::K: is a natural combo giving her a launch. If they bothered to actually test it offline, they would have found that only the third hit natural combos from the second, and even then she has no other string follow-ups off of :2::K:.

Just posting an example, but I think the players who made an initial uproar about it were complaining about it online due to the fact you can't hold an attack on reaction making it appear to have all three hits naturally combo. Oh wellz.

Heh I wasn't even aware the last kick was a natural kick. Good to know. With that said I think there should be more attacks that launch off a natural combo, not less.

WebHead

I always see stupid fuckers that hate on DOA saying how the triangle system is "simple". Yeah well news flash you stupid fuckers you have options of not playing the triangle game at all, you can SE, you can OH you can SS you can fuck off!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
*I do sort of wonder if there's a way to add frames on the fly to moves to make them behave better online, like dynamically extending the recovery of moves based on the lag conditions, basically. It would hopefully not make the game feel too different but would preserve some of the things offline has (lag punishment, etc.) I'm not (that kind) of programmer though so I have no idea how difficult that sort of implementation would be. Doubt that would happen.

Since this is P2P connection, you're never going to find a game where you can share packets fast enough so you end up playing it like offline. Not possible.

This makes online nothing like offline. I personally don't play online and host offline sessions sometimes.

AngryWorm

I think our character section should follow srk model example: Ayane VS Kasumi, Ayane VS Bayman, etc, etc.

With that format it was a LOT easier to figure out my Juri/Cammy match ups vs the rest of the cast.

This. I was told this method is useless for 3D fighters though. Still, I have taken the time to do Hitomi's match up chart anyways for my own personal point of reference, and is part of the reason I don't pay much attention to what I read in the tier list thread. I still tweak it a bit, but for the most part I'm quite comfortable with it.

Regardless, some of the changes that people are requesting are obscene.

MasterHavik

well in all my time with playing the game and trying other characters....all I see is some characters need to get buff badly....I really don't see anything overpower or broken. I mean a lot of us thought Hayate was trash until PL drop a pipebomb revealing to us he was actually a decent character instead of trash tier. It's all about putting in work with your main. I still believe Zack isn't low tier and I have been busting my ass to prove it. I have found some insane stuff with free canceling and have been breaking down his BT game more. It's about studying your characters and other characters before you cry buff or nerf. I won't lie. Zack isn't as strong as he used to be. But he isn't worthless by a longshot. He needs some buffs in very critical areas in his game. He needs buffs he had in earlier builds of this game like 6PK unholdable and i9 funky roll.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD