You all need to make sure you understand what is going on before asking Team Ninja for nerfs/buffs.

Nereus

Standard Donor
well in all my time with playing the game and trying other characters....all I see is some characters need to get buff badly....I really don't see anything overpower or broken. I mean a lot of us thought Hayate was until PL drop a pipebomb revealing to us he was actually a decent character instead of trash tier. It's all about putting in work with your main. I still believe Zack isn't low tier and I have bee nbusting my ass to prove it. I have found some insane stuff with free canceling and have been breaking down his BT game more. it's about studying your characters and other characters before you cry buff or nerf. I won't lie. Zack isn't as strong as he used to be. But he isn't worthless by a longshot. He needs some buffs in very critical areas in his game be given buffs he had had in earlier builds of this game like 6PK unholdable and i9 funky roll.

wish i had PSn so we could Zack mirror... i can't find any good zack players Online (wish there was a community in Kentucky... or maybe there is) if anyone mains Zack and is on XBL hit up o Nereus o...

MasterHavik

wish i had PSn so we could Zack mirror... i can't find any good zack players Online (wish there was a community in Kentucky... or maybe there is) if anyone mains Zack and is on XBL hit up o Nereus o...
lol thanks man. I plan to get a 360 soon.

ChainCombo

The problem is many of the casuals started with DoA4 and that game let you get out of everything. DoA5 now has legit tools and that pisses them off...Sadly TN is going to listen to those idiots.
I really really hope not. If it becomes a lot of "get out for free" card mechanics I'll be pretty upset and flip tables into walls.

MasterHavik

I really really hope not. If it becomes a lot of "get out for free" card mechanics I'll be pretty upset and flip tables into walls.
Well I started with DOA 4, but I refuse to have those get out of jail free cards. I actually paid attention and listen to what problem said about DOA 4 and saw it for myself....that game was all guessing. One of my grips from that game that low countering out of stun needed to go even though low throwing people that did it was too much fun. I felt I was one of the only ones that did it when DOA 4 was hot. I never seen no one online or offline(CGS) do it. Now i'm not calling myself the best in the world (WWE reference). It's just something I notice I thought I was average at best back in DOA 4. All my jokes and antics are just for fun people.

TakedaZX

Well I started with DOA 4, but I refuse to have those get out of jail free cards. I actually paid attention and listen to what problem said about DOA 4 and saw it for myself....that game was all guessing. One of my grips from that game that low countering out of stun needed to go even though low throwing people that did it was too much fun. I felt I was one of the only ones that did it when DOA 4 was hot. I never seen no one online or offline(CGS) do it. Now i'm not calling myself the best in the world (WWE reference). It's just something I notice I thought I was average at best back in DOA 4. All my jokes and antics are just for fun people.
Eh I discovered that when I saw PL do it from 3f+k as Hayate, since he was baiting that. It still works to this day.

shunwong

I don't want any character nerfs or buffs. I want a couple of system tweaks: Nerf to holds and nerf to wake up kicks. Probably not gonna happen but that's all I want.

TRI Mike

The only things that should be nerfed are hold recovery and wake-up kicks. Everything else should be buffs, buffs and more buffs.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Most of the people playing this game (online) need to start trying to play DOA5 and stop trying to play DOA4 in a newer setting. People are expecting to be able to hold "out of everything" and don't get that other tools are to be used in this game. Or they just refuse to use them, thus saying things are too difficult for them.

Raansu

Most of the people playing this game (online) need to start trying to play DOA5 and stop trying to play DOA4 in a newer setting. People are expecting to be able to hold "out of everything" and don't get that other tools are to be used in this game. Or they just refuse to use them, thus saying things are too difficult for them.

You mean like how I've gotten random messages calling me a cheater because they couldn't hold the kick after the dragon gunner? Those are always funny.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You mean like how I've gotten random messages calling me a cheater because they couldn't hold the kick after the dragon gunner? Those are always funny.

That and many more lol. People just aren't realizing that Free is no longer a get out of jail free card as it was in DOA4. I really, REALLY love the fact that you cannot hold when knocked against a wall either.

DR2K

Problem is half the cast is stuck playing DOA4.

MasterHavik

That is true. But I'm doing my best to play DOA 5 I don't hold out of stun in less I know what is coming next and etc.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Problem is half the cast is stuck playing DOA4.
Not what I meant, I mean in the sense of how loose the hold system is in DOA4 and how practically everything was holdable. When in DOA5, this is no longer the case, and it's what players whin about.

Souichiro

Imagine how dumb DG would be if nothing was guaranteed after it. I mean christ look at how little damage it does. I think Hitomi's similar throw which isnt an offensive hold doesnt guarantee anything...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD