You all need to make sure you understand what is going on before asking Team Ninja for nerfs/buffs.

Musourenka

Alright. We can keep them, but...

Lei-Fang's OHs are sped up two frames, but base damage drops to 15.

Jann-Lee gets a 10 point increase to Dragon Gunner's base damage, but automatically follows up with a taunt afterwards.

Berzerk!

Alright. We can keep them, but...

Lei-Fang's OHs are sped up two frames, but base damage drops to 15.

Jann-Lee gets a 10 point increase to Dragon Gunner's base damage, but automatically follows up with a taunt afterwards.

How about no. You guys are crazy. No nerfs are needed to either of these characters. Some of the other characters need some improvements and the system itself needs a few tweaks. That's it.

On OH's, LF is supposed to have them as she is a hybrid character, strikes and grapple/hold.

Jann Lee I can see some merit to his throw bring normal, but a little faster, but you'd just be swapping one meta choice for another. To beat his OH you duck it (and risk a fast mid), or counter throw it.

If it was a regular throw, you would be able to duck it, or counter hit it with a strike, take the risk that you are hitting JL fast enough to beat his strikes.

Which brings me back to the original point that its better to improve the other characters so that they can counter poke properly, or sidestep properly.

No need to change the OHs.

Chaos

How about no. You guys are crazy. No nerfs are needed to either of these characters. Some of the other characters need some improvements and the system itself needs a few tweaks. That's it.

On OH's, LF is supposed to have them as she is a hybrid character, strikes and grapple/hold.

Jann Lee I can see some merit to his throw bring normal, but a little faster, but you'd just be swapping one meta choice for another. To beat his OH you duck it (and risk a fast mid), or counter throw it.

If it was a regular throw, you would be able to duck it, or counter hit it with a strike, take the risk that you are hitting JL fast enough to beat his strikes.

Which brings me back to the original point that its better to improve the other characters so that they can counter poke properly, or sidestep properly.

No need to change the OHs.
NOO! Nothing needs to be nerf, just buffs & thats it! I can't stand unnecessary changes in video game sequels especially in fighting games.

Raansu

Take away the OH from from the dragon gunner then you need to make the throw much faster. As is, it is 20 frames and you can duck the throw, stand up and still have time to throw him and get the hi-counter throw.

dawnbringer

Take away the OH from from the dragon gunner then you need to make the throw much faster. As is, it is 20 frames and you can duck the throw, stand up and still have time to throw him and get the hi-counter throw.

Or if you see Dragon Gunner coming, you can cut the ducking and throw him right away, since throws are invincible to holds.

Raansu

Or if you see Dragon Gunner coming, you can cut the ducking and throw him right away, since throws are invincible to holds.

True, but I was just making a point for people who are so terrified of the throw. It has just as many draw backs as it does strengths is all I was pointing out.

I actually agree; I don't want the OHs changed.

It's just stupid that they have them.

Jann Lee's dragon gunner has ALWAYS been a catch throw / Offensive Hold. I'm not seeing why this is suddenly some major issue. There is nothing stupid about it.

Musourenka

Jann Lee's dragon gunner has ALWAYS been a catch throw / Offensive Hold. I'm not seeing why this is suddenly some major issue. There is nothing stupid about it.

Catch Throw mechanics in 3.0 worked differently than Offensive Holds; they still got HCB'd if you hit them before they grabbed. Dragon Gunner itself doesn't bother me. It's who TN allowed to keep OHs and who they didn't, when considering the properties of OHs, that bugs me.

It's why you have people asking for Kasumi's i17 throw to be an OH.

Omegan Eckhart

If Lei Fang is a hybrid character shouldn't her counters and grabs be worse than the grappler's? Hybrids characters aren't meant to excel at everything they do.

Jann Lee is fast, powerful, good at range, good at critical bursts, has great sit down stuns and a stupidly good OH. What's his drawback? He's linear, every character is extremely linear. He needs a real weakness just like other characters. Maybe a character who can open opponents up so easy shouldn't be able to end the match through constant guaranteed set ups so quickly. Or maybe he should have to work harder to get in before he can land CB in a few hits and remove 60% of your health bar.

I know people don't want nerfs but I don't think I want every character being as well rounded and strong as Jann Lee. It will make the game as boring as watching a first to fifty Gen Fu mirror.

HiguraShiki

If Lei Fang is a hybrid character shouldn't her counters and grabs be worse than the grappler's? Hybrids characters aren't meant to excel at everything they do.

Jann Lee is fast, powerful, good at range, good at critical bursts, has great sit down stuns and a stupidly good OH. What's his drawback? He's linear, every character is extremely linear. He needs a real weakness just like other characters. Maybe a character who can open opponents up so easy shouldn't be able to end the match through constant guaranteed set ups so quickly. Or maybe he should have to work harder to get in before he can land CB in a few hits and remove 60% of your health bar.

I know people don't want nerfs but I don't think I want every character being as well rounded and strong as Jann Lee. It will make the game as boring as watching a first to fifty Gen Fu mirror.
LeiFang is honestly pretty linear too. 95% of her attacks do not track, with the exception of her spinning kicks.

Zeo

It doesn't matter if characters are linear during a string when the next hit of a string will just hit the sidestepping opponent anyway. It's not really a weakness for anyone in this game.

The only characters sidestep attacks are truly a problem for are characters that aren't heavily string based. Akira, Bass, etc. Unless of course you're Mila and you can just sidestep the first attack and crush the other with her retarded TD.

HiguraShiki

It doesn't matter if characters are linear during a string when the next hit of a string will just hit the sidestepping opponent anyway. It's not really a weakness for anyone in this game.

The only characters sidestep attacks are truly a problem for are characters that aren't heavily string based. Akira, Bass, etc. Unless of course you're Mila and you can just sidestep the first attack and crush the other with her retarded TD.
Actually, Ein's sidespin attack is also one of his more useful moves.
:ein:

Zeo

Actually, Ein's sidespin attack is also one of his more useful moves.
:ein:
Ein was a single strike character for the most part but the difference between him and Akira is that he had strings capable of catching opponents mid SS and actually had some decent and realistic potential tracking moves. Akira literally only has 2 practical tracking moves, and one is only semi-safe and can't be combo'd off of.

HiguraShiki

Ein was a single strike character for the most part but the difference between him and Akira is that he had strings capable of catching opponents mid SS and actually had some decent and realistic potential tracking moves. Akira literally only has 2 practical tracking moves, and one is only semi-safe and can't be combo'd off of.
It was a joke, get it. I called Hayate Ein, haha, ha.

Zeo

You were supposed to say: "Isn't that Hayate's move?"
And then I would have said
"Who's Hayate, I only know Ein."
Blah, sorry it was like 7 AM and I've been up for a while, I missed the joke.

Sorry for being such a sourpuss. That was actually pretty clever.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD