Your Accomplishments During Your DOA4 Career

Chris Harris

You're acting really elitist right now which I didn't wanna point out was the reason people didn't go public but you're making it kinda obvious. Did you forget where you came from? I don't even know you yet I think it's safe to say you and most of the people who go to these offline events started online. They made their friends online, found those sparring partners online, basically the online scene gave them the confidence and skill they needed to even go offline in the first place. But how will the new generation of players find out if it's worth going offline if the top players are nowhere to be found in the online scene?

I disagree your claim to support a game when you only play a limited amount of players who are already gonna show up to offline events anyways. I'm not saying you can't choose to play with just your friends or never go public but don't say you're supporting the game and don't expect people to make that step from online to offline.

Okay I will say this in the simplest way possible. I played 3 people in online lobbies before my first offline venture. That was Steve (Skeleton), Highguy, and Escapingjail. Me playing online had nothing to do with going offline. I went offline because I heard there were BETTER players there. I also heard that PL was one of the top players and he happened to be 2 hours away from me along with his friend who was also apparently good. I FOUND those good players and we practiced together.

It's like you're begging for a top player to make a public lobby for the people or something. It has nothing to do with being elitist. . .we're friends so we play together. I thought I was good from playing in general because I didn't lose to randoms often and I went even with my friends. I chose on my own to go see if I was any better. I didn't ask PL or MASTER to play me online to see where I was I traveled to tournaments to see where my skill was. Even so we play in online open lobbies quite a bit in other games so not sure what world you are living in lol

Okay I will say this in the simplest way possible. I played 3 people in online lobbies before my first offline venture. That was Steve (Skeleton), Highguy, and Escapingjail. Me playing online had nothing to do with going offline. I went offline because I heard there were BETTER players there. I also heard that PL was one of the top players and he happened to be 2 hours away from me along with his friend who was also apparently good. I FOUND those good players and we practiced together.

It's like you're begging for a top player to make a public lobby for the people or something. It has nothing to do with being elitist. . .we're friends so we play together. I thought I was good from playing in general because I didn't lose to randoms often and I went even with my friends. I chose on my own to go see if I was any better. I didn't ask PL or MASTER to play me online to see where I was I traveled to tournaments to see where my skill was. Even so we play in online open lobbies quite a bit in other games so not sure what world you are living in lol

Hmm not really begging I just think that going online and competing with top players will make the step from online to offline alot smaller. If you choose not to that's fine but again it's kind of a hypocrite thing to say "support your game" if you cut off like 95% of the community.
Other then that I think your story is nice but the show-ups show that most people aren't in that situation. If you want more offline players I would stop expecting people to be as dedicated as you and try to support the step from going to online to offline.
Meh, I'm not even sure if it's a good idea if you don't actually feel like going public so do whatever you like,

Chris Harris

Okay since you don't seem to understand I'll just say okay. I'll be playing with my friends and if people want to play I'm up for it (once the netcode is fixed) but other than that I'm not hunting down players to play.

I'm not going to force people to support the game as it's something that should be done if you truly like the game. You shouldn't need to play "pros" in ONLINE lobbies to gain "confidence".

One of the laziest communities ever. . . .

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's the internet generation man. You know it can't be helped. Every other type of game offers them exactly what he is asking for, fighting games just happen to have netcode issues to a greater extent so you can't measure skill in the same way.

Anyway, that said I've been playing public games nearly every day... usually ranked, but often in jay's stream. Truthfully I dislike occasionally losing due to lag or a mindfart and then having to listen to some upstart send me messages about how I'm a fraudulent scrub just because I lost one online "casual" match. I mean yea, you can brush that off when it comes in every now and then, but having to listen to the same thing on a regular basis?

Put yourself in my shoes smoker, and I think you'd probably feel just as antisocial. I know I'm not the only one dealing with that either. You can have the thickest skin, but nobody wants to get harassed every single time they sign in to "help" the community.

Worst thing is, I've BEEN that person before, back when DOA2U first came out when I was a teenager. I know the mentality that type of person has, and the hunger for recognition that drives them to say that kind of stuff. There is absolutely nothing you can say to shut them up, and the more time you spend with them, the more you encourage that behavior.

It's a lose-lose situation for us. We gain nothing personally by "going public", but we have to sacrifice a little bit of our sanity every time we do it. I still do it, despite that... Probably why I'm a generally dysfunctional individual now lol.

I understand it can be frustrating to deal with those people on a regular base and that would put you off from going online. But even the people that beat you once and feel the need to shove it in your face should be seen as potential offline players. Maybe even more than others because of the desire to beat you and the hype around it. I mean you said it yourself you were that person at one point and here you are the DOA-champion.

But I think this is just what comes with the title. I mean all hate-messages aside it must feel pretty damn good knowing people will brag about just any punch they could get in on you?

The way I see it it's either dealing with that and supporting the community or sending out a message to the entire community "you aren't welcome in our games". That's the kinda stuff that will kill a community. Back in DOA4 people told me "Oh you're too late DOA4 is dead those players are gone" while this was just an excuse for the same behavior that's being shown in DOA5. To the point of DOA4 being completely dead these people would only go in private lobbies.

My conclusion would be that more known players online would be good for the community. Don't go online just because I'm asking for it and it feels like a chore, do it because you love the game and want more people to play it.
If you don't that's fine I don't blame you but don't say support your game or say the community is lazy.

Blazeincarnated

Cant we just have matches and have a good time? Good God, whats is wrong with our generation? I lose plenty but i have a thick enough skin to say that I dont care. My mantra goes like this: "The more you give, the more you grow."
This has become essential to how my skill develops in everyday life. This is not a Celebrity ego trip. Been there done that in high school. This is about making a believer out of yourself, not blaming "Pros" or whatever you want to call it. And if you don't belive in something, you betta do it now, because at the end of the day and aint affecting them, its affecting you. Wake Up.

~My name is Dell, and I approve this message.

NukNuks

Hell yeah how about all yall viewing this thread tell about a tournament you've placed in, a time where you've traveled to a tournament, a witty response of a resume or a "cool story bro" story and get back on topic.

One of the laziest communities ever. . . .
Damn right it is. Where are all the top level player stories at? I know they've read at least portion of the non-derailed part of this thread. Step off your high horse people and participate a little. You don't have to gloat about how you raped your way through a tournament but jeez, these little tales of the old game really inspire the unknown players out there more than you think.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Hell yeah how about all yall viewing this thread tell about a tournament you've placed in, a time where you've traveled to a tournament, a witty response of a resume or a "cool story bro" story and get back on topic.
I went to D.I.D. 7.

That's my story.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

Man, I helped a friend organize a tournament. Winner got a prize. Prize was a free game(I think there were two or three choices). He even ordered everyone food. Whatever they wanted. I think people had kfc, chinese and who knows what else. You didn't have to pay a dime. Just show up. Sadly people came late after the thing was already over. We also had no shows also. People running off at the mouth without proven sh**, and of course they don't show up. We had big names who were supposed to show up, and of course not a word. They didn't show up, either. So I think people should know where my hope for this community stand. I don't expect DOA5 to get people off there a**, but if they do prove me wrong I'll definitely take more of an effort than I already have for this community. It shouldn't be hard for NorCal to start something big. Especially between the Bay and Sac. We are too close. We have it easier than a lot of people in this community. Yet nothing happens. Hopefully things are better and accomplishments are worth mentioning, because honestly it's more of a disappointment than a accomplishment.

Even people who play GG and Smash showed up for a game they don't even play. It would be nice if you support your own community.

Julius Rage

I got DQ'd from an offline tournament for inapporiate comments.

I came in second at the same tournament.

I was issued a lifetime ban from the CGS (Which turned out to be a year because it was poorly managed.)

and I made this great piece of cinematography

Edit: And I also got the CGS to give me a luxury suite at the combine after BlackMamba refused to shack up with me at the last minute.

Thanks big guy!

Haydeeze

I started one of the most successful DOA Clans (Silent Assassins).

I slowly started making a name for myself (Rapidly after befriending I ArtemisX I and ElectrifiedMann)

Led the Silent Assassins to an 8-0 win record.

Undefeated personally in clan matches.

And played as one of the top DOA4 Lei Fangs and Hayabusas!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD