Your over-all favorite "new" character?

Who is your favorite addition to the DOA5 series?

• Mila

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Rig

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Momiji

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Rachel

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Marie Rose

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Phase 4

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Nyotengu

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Honoka

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ein
attachment.php

Serious answer:

Fighting Styles:
:marierose: :phase4:
Aesthetic Appeal:
:momiji: :honoka: :nyotengu:

werewolfgold

I voted Rig. It was almost Nyotengu, but she gets -1 point for her design not being monster-y enough and minus another point for not being Bankotsubo.

Rig is kind of an asshole. So, that kind of makes him fun. And his version of TKD is pretty cool.

Momiji and Rachel are also kind of cool, but I think they need to be fleshed out more moveset wise. Phase 4 is kind of meh. Marie is...straight up meh. And Honoka is lolwut.

KING JAIMY

Rig for me. He's a total badass and that look on his face makes him a perfect villain. Also, the kicks and mashing are real (still glad my Kick Button hasn't worn out yet). I was thinking of Momiji at first, but I thought 'nah, let's vote for Rig as he's way too cool and Momiji is not the Momiji she used to be due to the costumes TN gave her >_<'. She used to be that cool Shrine Maiden but I hate the fact they gave her so many fetish costumes. So whereas Momiji is still my absolute main and Rig my second main, Rig got my vote for this one.

Also, how the hell is Honoka leading with votes when she isn't even officially out yet?! :confused:

Zeo

Of all the new additions to the cast, Rig and Mila have stood at the top of new additions.

Momiji and Rachel were expected to show up sooner or later and their intro was a little rocky but ultimately they added some flair from NG and it was nice to see Ryu's allies join the cast. Marie Rose proved to be the most unique new addition post vanilla and breathed new life into the game despite the controversy over her design, and Nyo while still controversial given who she's based off of, still managed to bring something unique to the table as a character and bring back an old character to some degree at the same time.

Raidou was going to show up sooner or later and he was done justice (aside from the almost comical ROBO-RAIDOU design he was given) but Phase 4 and Honoka... well, prime examples of a lack of both creativity and ideas.

Still of all the hits and misses the original 2 new characters Mila and Rig stand at the top of the new additions with Rig edging out Mila as far as character interest and overall style.

Rig brought a completely new and fresh style and attitude to the game and was a prime example of the gritty and serious approach TN was originally taking with the game. Though they've since abandoned it, he continues to be a bada** and brings to the table a playstyle and technique never before seen in DOA. I planned on maining him and Mila but wasn't able to get a feel for either .Few use him, but those that do are G's. Except of course, the mashers.

But yeah, Rig is the best new character, hands down. :rig:

FatalxInnocence

Marie Rose ( Possibly Honoka, but since I haven't been able to play her... I'll say Marie... for now. )

Edit; Figure I should probably list why... =S

She has figure skating like elements to her fighting style, similar to Alisa from Tekken. Also, probably the most feminine looking fighting style in the game. I have a weird thing when it comes to fighters, the characters who fight the most girly tend to be my favourite. I find it refreshing from the more masculine styles... and I'll probably stand alone in saying that! xD

Last edited:

nothingtosee

Marie Rose closely followed by Rig. Really like her fighting style and her gothic lolita style its something that doa was missing.

Jaguar360

I kind of wanted to say Honoka, but I ended up voting for Rig because of his gameplay, theme, costume selection and overall cool factor. Phase 4 is a close third.

Me want Kasumi

Wow Honoka and Marie Rose are both dominating the poll. GO MOE GIRLS!!!!

Surprised Rig got so many votes seeing how yesterday he had 0 lol.

Nightpup

Think that's bad? They put "new" in quotation marks and still don't put in Raidou. And he's the only one I really like.
"New" is "new" because of Rachel and Momiji. They're not actually new, just brought over from Ninja Gaiden.
Notice how I didn't include Ein or Leon either.

Regick

My favourite addition to the roster is Momiji, so I voted for her (I wanted her in DOA since she was only a NG character).
But I must admit: Mila is the best addition to the DOA series. Very original looking/personality/fighting style/juggles and her animations in general are very well made. Also, she is a very solid character. I would have preferred a better fighting style for Momiji and a better mix up strategy. I voted for her just because I like the character more, but in my opinion Mila deserves the title of "best new character".

Rig has a cool/well made fighting style too but in my opinion his look is very anonymous, especially his face, which is too similar to Bayman's. I'm pretty sure they used Bayman's face model at first to get Rig's face. I also don't like Rig's attitude and his stupid eyebrow always up. Is he "badass"? Pfft...naah, not to me: Leon is an example of real badass character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD