DOA5LR You're Mashy

Sett

20kr5gk.jpg

But yeah being called a button basher is funny cause if you win by button bashing then they are worse than a button basher.

Ritsuko

20kr5gk.jpg

But yeah being called a button basher is funny cause if you win by button bashing then they are worse than a button basher.

Not really....If you're trying to play properly and keep getting hit on throw punishments or whiff punishers, thats not your fault, thats the games BS netcode. People get away with a lot of things online that just flat out would never work offline. Online play creates too many bad habits.

Sett

Not really....If you're trying to play properly and keep getting hit on throw punishments or whiff punishers, thats not your fault, thats the games BS netcode. People get away with a lot of things online that just flat out would never work offline. Online play creates too many bad habits.

Get net then or don't play shite bags with no net.

Ritsuko

Get net then or don't play shite bags with no net.

My internet is plenty fast.

*queue bragging image opportunity for fun*

4197015490.png

Its not that simple though. Both parties can have 100Mb/s down and up and still get horrible lag. Most of it is due to poor netcoding by TN and how the game itself handles lag. The other half just comes down to the route your connection makes to the other player. The less hops the better, but isp providers don't always take the shortest hop. You can tunnel your connection to make shorter hops, but given the nature of p2p that isn't very simple.

Example, you could play someone down the street, get a ton of lag, yet play someone in a different state and get little lag. If your packets decide to go up the east coast and take 30 hops, it doesn't matter if the guys right next door, its going to slow down waiting for your packets to make its route. A proper netcode can alleviate some of that, but sadly DoA5 does not have such a thing.

quash

Anyone who complaints about mashing in this game is clearly looking for something DOA doesn't offer. The whole point of the game is to be greedy as fuck, you just have to be smart about it.

Playing DOA turns me into a monster; a mashing, disrespectful piece of shit. And that's what I love about it. If you want a game that allows you to blow up mashing easier, go play VF. Though honestly, I think this game gives you all the ways you could ever want to beat mashing and then some, so maybe you just suck.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD