Zack in DOA 5

JaySonic

What do you guys think Zacks best launcher is? Actually inside of combos i've been able to get more off of 3P+K than anything else. But 33KK is better for hold punishing from what i've seen.

RhythmikDesigns

Yeah 3P+K is best launcher to me, but 8K and 9K are good too.

Unless I'm missing something, its kinda disappointing he has nothing that can relaunch like other characters.

But on a better note, Shimbori is a Zack player :)

JaySonic

Man i totally glossed over using 8K as a launcher. I've thrown some of his new Duck P+K in there too. It gets a pretty nice launch on counter hit. Any video of Shimbori i can be linked too? I'd love to watch it.

MasterHavik

lol i didn't know that. Btw....move all this discussion to the general thread. And people say his duck punches can relanuch people..

RhythmikDesigns

Unless I'm doing it wrong, all DUK P does is knocks the player further away from you. I think DUK P had relaunch in older DOA's, but not his one. I'm going in the lab right now to test if maybe DUK P+K relaunches.

Relius Starkiller

Man, I don't even work for big juggles any more. I'm either going for minimum height, a grapple or 33kk.

7KK isn't a good combo ender up against the wall anymore because it doesn't slam the opponent into the wall.
I really hate his critical bursts too.

What I think would fix Zack.

- If 6k or 3k lands the following 3 kicks are guaranteed.

- Make 6KK a guard break.

- 7KK needs to wall slam

- 33KP maintains guard break and isn't damaged by holds.

Give me that, hell, give me just one of those because from where I'm sitting Team Ninja seems to have held a meeting and said to themselves

"Hey listen, since the release of DOA4 the African American race freed themselves of the last few shackles of repression that held them prostrate for the past 250 years. As a final fuck you to those darkies we're going to make the most iconic, black, fighting game character a complete joke."

MasterHavik

Man, I don't even work for big juggles any more. I'm either going for minimum height, a grapple or 33kk.

7KK isn't a good combo ender up against the wall anymore because it doesn't slam the opponent into the wall.
I really hate his critical bursts too.

What I think would fix Zack.

- If 6k or 3k lands the following 3 kicks are guaranteed.

- Make 6KK a guard break.

- 7KK needs to wall slam

- 33KP maintains guard break and isn't damaged by holds.

Give me that, hell, give me just one of those because from where I'm sitting Team Ninja seems to have held a meeting and said to themselves

"Hey listen, since the release of DOA4 the African American race freed themselves of the last few shackles of repression that held them prostrate for the past 250 years. As a final fuck you to those darkies we're going to make the most iconic, black, fighting game character a complete joke."
move this to the other topic man. And watch the hate speech. Even though I agree with on what they change about him. But some of my problems with DOA 5 Zack. who I think is a good character still, but nerfing shit like this pisses me off.

-Slowing down his funky roll or the ball

-4k not stuning on normal hit

-6pk not an unholdable

-8p into low throw doesn't work any more

-3P doesn't launch a stun opponent on NH or CH.

He's still good, but he's missing some key tools.

Relius Starkiller

This is the last rant for this thread but I tell ya man - the most fucked up thing they did to Zack was take away his 236T.

HE HAS NO CATCH GRAB! They stripped him of every thing and for what?

A guaranteed juggle after 33KK. . . .really Team Ninja? Im not asking for them to make the guy top tier, I just want a few more tools to work with and his existing tools to work better together.

I also need that roll to be a sabaki dog, I NEED THAT SHIT!

MasterHavik

I don't understand why they changed that. I feel Zack could be top tier until they went nerf his blanka ball because it was "broken". Right...kasumi and eliot can have a 9 frame jab, but we can't have a 9 frame whiff punisher.

RhythmikDesigns

Hatrify is right, using p+k you can CB in 3 moves, but the game considers p+k as 2 hits so the combo counter is going to read 4 hits when you hit the CB.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD