DOA5U ❤ Mᴀʀɪᴇ Rᴏsᴇ's ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇssᴇs❣

Princess Kasumi

I ᴅᴇᴄɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀʀᴇ Mᴀʀɪᴇ Rᴏsᴇ's Fʀᴀᴍᴇs ᴀɴᴅ Rᴀɴɢᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs!

Her 2H+K is 23 frames and has very short range, it doesnt crush highs. the frames on hit isn't much.
lei's 2h+k is 20frames crush highs, pretty soild range and 14 frames on hit.
eliot's 2h+k is 23 feams, crushes highs and has a follow-up to do a mini-juggle for about 49DMG. not sure if the range is better than marie's
kasumi's 1k is 20frames it has alright range and 14+ (if close to the enemy) and 8+ i guess if abit far away.
helena's 66k is 23frames is a low attack that avoid low at the beginning. it has follow-ups.
hitomi's 2h+k is 19F has pretty good range.
okay this is enough.

Marie's kk the second k sometimes whiffs

I wish she had a faster mid that goes into a low, like many characters has.

her 3p+k isn't good enough if you know what I mean.

her special move 8/2p+k,p+k can be threw if the enemy knows when you going to use it. is very unsafe on block. a move that tracks during a string can beat it too.

She has many short ranged moves, which means she could get wiff punished for it.

her throws are very average and the damage too. I expect her to have better throws because of her short range & her speed

Her 66T seems to have shorter range than lei's

marie's strongest throw is 41236T 62 DMG 12F

I think its unfair that eliot,helena,hayate has 10F throw that does 60DMG and then their 12F does 66DMG/70DMG and even more.

I dont think leifang needs better throws because her moveset and her range makes up for it.

Marie deserve some buff, I would be fine if they buffed her throws. and just leave her like that.

Klts3

Marie's throws are great, I think she's really solid. For me the only change she needs is a higher launch after 61H.

Princess Kasumi

Marie's throws are great, I think she's really solid. For me the only change she needs is a higher launch after 61H.
Her throws are slightly better than christie's and that is all. the rest of the other cast has better throws than her. perhaps you should test the other characters in the training mode. there is a reason why christie's throw is weak, cause of her very fast speed and the damage she does. and soild/special tools that other characters doesnt have.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Leifang's 2H+K is -6 on HCH at max range. So...

2/8P+K is the best sidestep in the game. It goes around so much. Just don't do the follow up.

Her 66T is complete bullshit 'cause it's fast and has 0 audio queue. Leifang yells so loud during her OH, it's not even comparable how reactable they are.

Kokoro's 3 part throw only does 62...

Klts3

Marie has safety, great damage from normal holds, expert holds, sabaki, good speed, good throws and 5 OHs. Person with a good reaction who plays tricky just destroy opponents with Marie.

synce

I know very little about Marie so I won't comment on what she needs or doesn't need, but I think there's a 99% chance she will be nerfed in the future. Only ninjas and unpopular characters are allowed buffs :)

Princess Kasumi

Marie has safety, great damage from normal holds, expert holds, sabaki, good speed, good throws and 5 OHs. Person with a good reaction who plays tricky just destroy opponents with Marie.
i disagree with your comment. :p good speed? her throws is average.

me playing as rachel. Its not hard to see her rolling throw

Last edited:

Princess Kasumi

I guess if I won't stop now your bitchin will never end. I'll let others explain you that she's solid and you just want her to be a top tier character.
i am not bitching? explain to me why her throw is GREAT. Why is her speed good? what does she do that makes her good in your eyes?

Try to explain that before saying stuff you dont know of.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I also wouldn't mind if Leifang got buffs, though, and Leifang's already high tier. :v

Remember, I'm the guy who didn't mind Rachel's stomp.

How'd you differentiate between the possible options when she was rolling?
You ducked when you saw her leap, but there was one where you saw her rolling, blocked standing, but then predicted her low attack and crouched to block it.

Did that have a certain characteristic that stood out about it like with the leap, like a longer duration of the roll? Or did you kind of just guesstimate? Always having trouble with this.

jjinkou2

TN seems to have change their mind on balancing characters. Instead of nerfing Genfu, Helena, Christie, it seems they have changed their strategy by introducing a new character that will be a counter-pick one.
As such, MR is not designed as a well round character. She has strenghts and weaknesses. She seems to be designed against actual offensive top tier character (helena, genfu, christie) but weak against characters that hold a lot. (Tina, Bass, Rachel).

I think there won't be any nerf or buff soon (at least before a few competitions will show if this balacing strategy is right or wrong)

Regarding my online plays, I can see a lot of Rachel that kick ass MR, but the situation is completely reversed against Kokoro.

You should try to play against a strong MR, once with Rachel and once with Helena to check this.

Last edited:

Princess Kasumi

I feel that her throws should be made stronger and they should give more low options.
Someone like to say she has "great" throws on this thread, guess he is a hater?

She need her throws to deal more damage. It would be lovely if she had another option of her 6p and 3p that leads to a low attack.

her 2h+k is the WORST low in the whole game. other characters has more range. faster. does a high crush.

Klts3

Princess called me Marie hater. Someone tell this girl she's my 2nd main and 2nd favourite DOA girl.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Why do you think a 12f throw doing 62 damage is low? She's fast and has parries and a command sidestep. If anything, they should give her more forward movement during her strikes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD