6++ Gameplay Overhaul

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean hey, shoutouts to @Rev_an though, I still think it's a fun project that keeps things interesting. In some portion for thoughts, people could also enjoy it on the spare time to try different things even outside of the competitive format for setups and ideas that's generally not possible within the realm. I do support Rev on it.

I definitely understand some posts like Soth's for example, I just take it as something similar to that Project M where it's not really hurting anyone in the scene really.

Last edited:

Rev_an

I mean hey, shoutouts to @Rev_an though, I still think it's a fun project that keeps things interesting. In some portion for thoughts, people could also enjoy it on the spare time to try different things even outside of the competitive format for setups and ideas that's generally not possible within the realm. I do support Rev on it.

I definitely understand some posts like Soth's for example, I just take it as something similar to Project M where it's not really hurting anyone in the scene really.

thanks, yeah. if it was less work to do all this i'd love to try wacky shit like doa 1 rules where you have the weird 2.5D movement instead of freestep and all the inputs are wild or putting the systematic changes onto boss raidou and using cheat engine to play him etc.

Last edited:

CFW

interested in this idk what the hell y'all have going on in this thread lmao but i'll wait and see how things iron themselves out (waiting for 6 to go on sale on steam). 6 was the only 3d fighter where i absolutely hated the meter/break blow bs AND they took away my sidestep - hoping it's possible to add that option back from 5. from the stuff i've seen so far it's much more interesting to watch

Rev_an

interested in this idk what the hell y'all have going on in this thread lmao but i'll wait and see how things iron themselves out (waiting for 6 to go on sale on steam). 6 was the only 3d fighter where i absolutely hated the meter/break blow bs AND they took away my sidestep - hoping it's possible to add that option back from 5. from the stuff i've seen so far it's much more interesting to watch
if you want to try kasumi, hitomi, diego, or bass the mod will work with that free "core fighters" thing.

i'm probably not gonna do sidestep stuns but the oki mindgame has been a lot of fun so far and some characters are canceling sidesteps into stuff which might be an acceptable substitute.

Reactions: CFW

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Imagine just sidestepping in order to sidestep.

.... No really, you guys can do that even in vanilla. Without meter. It's a thing, I swear. You can even throw people during recovery when they miss for more damage than you would've gotten if you spent the meter to knock them back for that piddly amount. It's madness, I know.

HHH816

meter is like staple food for Team Ninja

FF origin, NiOH series even wo long use meter

imagine having a meeting with top executive and yosuke said..we're going to use meter on all our game from now on.

XxNoriakixX

Wow, reading the patch notes made my day, so thanks for the hard work you guys put into the mod and a niche game!

I often complained on Xcal's streams and Discord that Eliot's 4K shouldn't be as unsafe as it is in 6, and boom, the mod decreases the minus frames :eliot:

Hayate's raijin dmg could be made like Ryu's izuna or a bit higher tbh. Hayte is the character who has the least dirt, like SF's Ryu, and doing the full raijin was never worth it, unlike Ryu who gets dirt off both routes, be it izuna or just the launcher throw. Now we can style a little bit too.

Thanks, again!

Last edited:

Just Monika

I've always wanted to learn a DOA game but personally didn't like the feel of 6's system. I do like how some of the changes made the characters feel so far, but take this as a mountain of salt because I'm very new to this whole thing. Nevertheless, keep up the good work man, and I hope your project goes places. I wish more FGs would be given that Project M style treatment that this is getting.

Rev_an

I've always wanted to learn a DOA game but personally didn't like the feel of 6's system. I do like how some of the changes made the characters feel so far, but take this as a mountain of salt because I'm very new to this whole thing. Nevertheless, keep up the good work man, and I hope your project goes places. I wish more FGs would be given that Project M style treatment that this is getting.
very cool. we broke a bunch of the new player content unfortunately with the tutorial and such becoming impossible to complete, but I hope to have all the new moves entered into the in-game command list and command training mode eventually. just a bunch of uninteresting coding work to do.

I'm curious what the new-to-doa player experience will be like in this environment.

XxNoriakixX

Yep.

If revan was actually interested in entertaining feedback and making the mod for the community, then he would listen to the complaints.

But he won't because he does not know how to take criticism gracefully and rather be a snarky ass about it.

You can't reason with him. He is so caught up in his personal feelings and hatred for meter and this idea that, "well it hasn't ever worked in other games so it sucks" that he refuses to entertain that he is wrong.

DOA 6++ is literally just the "MeTeR IS bAD" mentality with no logic behind it.

Meterless SSA was already in DOA 6 and it was terrible. But of course, revan doesn't have to deal with that because he mainly plays Ayane who tracks on everything.

But it screws over linear characters like Kokoro. It makes playing those kind of characters unnecessarily frustrating.

Yet suggesting to buff tracking on these linear characters was met with scorn.

These linear characters literally have some of the best throws to direct the players to a certain playstyle that comes with those characters. Eliot and Kokoro are relatively safe but linear, yes, but that's why you play them mindful instead of just mashing strings. Koko has integrated throws, a great 3 part throw, and her unshu is even crazier in 6. Same with Eliot. People tend to sidestep? Do 4K/3K, PP or single punch into launch throw or reset throw. That's how it works. I take linearity as a balancing handicap over any other balancing method tbh. It also worked great in Akira's favour in DoA5. It's like complaining that a grappler has better throws than strikers but feels too slow. It simply doesn't seem to be your playstyle. Ayane is my fav waifu but is the farthest away from my playstyle, so I have to stick to Kasumi, Koko, and Eliot. Life can be hard indeed, so adapt or play someone else xoxo

Last edited:

CFW

if you want to try kasumi, hitomi, diego, or bass the mod will work with that free "core fighters" thing.

i'm probably not gonna do sidestep stuns but the oki mindgame has been a lot of fun so far and some characters are canceling sidesteps into stuff which might be an acceptable substitute.
Oh this is embarrassing I completely forgot core fighters for this existed…… I was more so talking about the option to choose how to input sidestep like double tapping the directional buttons instead of a dedicated button since that’s what I’m used to personally. Totally cool if that’s not possible or on your radar tho, I’d still play.

Rachel changes looking real nice… can’t wait to try later.

Marteze

sorry if this has been answered, but how does ranked work with 6++? should i turn off ranked in training for now?

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Gonna go through the entire roster's movelists from current / previous titles and talk about ideas for some changes. Buffs, nerfs, reach changes - the whole lot.

I'm not aiming to make or break your characters but let's speak on it once we've had time with the game. This will be an unbiased view - I have extensive experience with the whole cast so I will not be doing anything insane.

Watch this space! Might take a few days, maybe even a few weeks. But watch this space.

Last edited:

XxNoriakixX

Hm, could it be that Kasumi is nerfed without bounds and cancels? She got boosted a lot by being able to convert almost every kick into a launch-bound. Maybe a good time to dive back and git gud with Hayate lol. The comfort pick

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
These linear characters literally have some of the best throws to direct the players to a certain playstyle that comes with those characters. Eliot and Kokoro are relatively safe but linear, yes, but that's why you play them mindful instead of just mashing strings. Koko has integrated throws, a great 3 part throw, and her unshu is even crazier in 6. Same with Eliot. People tend to sidestep? Do 4K/3K, PP or single punch into launch throw or reset throw. That's how it works. I take linearity as a balancing handicap over any other balancing method tbh. It also worked great in Akira's favour in DoA5. It's like complaining that a grappler has better throws than strikers but feels too slow. It simply doesn't seem to be your playstyle. Ayane is my fav waifu but is the farthest away from my playstyle, so I have to stick to Kasumi, Koko, and Eliot. Life can be hard indeed, so adapt or play someone else xoxo
"Just drop your character because of my terrible balancing decisions."

You can't FC into Eliot's 4K in many of his strings.

"Just throw"...oh man I never thought of that...gotta love how you want to dumb down the mindgames into either tick throwing or not. Unga or bunga.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Imagine just sidestepping in order to sidestep.

.... No really, you guys can do that even in vanilla. Without meter. It's a thing, I swear. You can even throw people during recovery when they miss for more damage than you would've gotten if you spent the meter to knock them back for that piddly amount. It's madness, I know.
This is kinda right but you're also knowingly ignoring the many situations where you can't do that. It only works if the opponent FC's or does an incredibly laggy single hit linear attack.

Doing the full SSA to negate the string pressure of Eliot, Kokoro, Marie, etc. is obviously far more guaranteed and safer to do in most circumstances.

XxNoriakixX

"Just drop your character because of my terrible balancing decisions."

You can't FC into Eliot's 4K in many of his strings.

"Just throw"...oh man I never thought of that...gotta love how you want to dumb down the mindgames into either tick throwing or not. Unga or bunga.

That's how it always worked. Not my fault if you can't make it work without having an essay guide delivered to your desk. I also can't make Ayane work and my main isn't even in the game and I don't complain. Koko and Eliot have the same deficits with and without the mods, so hating on Rev doesn't make sense. It may amplify Koko's shortcomings by going back to a style similar to older DoAs, but both have the same playstyle and handicaps since DoA4. So idk what else to say. It is as simple as that. You either adjust and make the "just throw bro" and hold bait tactics work or you switch to a more comfortable playstyle. There are enough guides and characters. That's how fighting games work. Some of you just don't want to work and always try to fault everything other than yourselves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD