Absolute Guarenteed Attack?

StryBlu

So I was reading the Dead or Alive Terminology Wiki and I stumbled upon this

"Absolute Guaranteed Attack: A situation in which an attack cannot be blocked or evaded no matter what. This occur when the advantage is 2 (or greater) frames more than the Counter Blow used."

In what specific situation could this be applying to? Any examples? Is Mila's 6T - KP one?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Sit down stuns ARE one example. I sit down stun you with Bayman's :3::K: while you were crouching. I followup with :236: :P: guaranteed, regardless of how much they slow escape.

Or, I hit you into the wall with :6::H+P:, and :P::P: is guaranteed.

Two examples of stun types that make it completely impossible to avoid the followup.

WAZAAAAA

I think "true combos" on Normal and Counter hit status are absolute guaranteed too, such as Jann Lee's Punch Punch Punch 3-hit-combo

BlackDiamond890

That is called a natural combo, and not what he meant. He meant stuns or throws where the opponent is guaranteed to get hit by certain follow-ups.

Examples have been given, and I can give more: Helena's :214::H+P: guarantees :6: :P: :P:, there is no avoiding this if I choose to use it.

FakeSypha

Hitomi's :4::6::K: or SS:K:, can be followed by a couple of guaranteed setups. I gets the opponent in the "turn around" stun. Well, I lack a better term for that particular stun, but the point is it can't be shaken off or held off.

I posted it awhile back on Hitomi's subforum. Not that practical, tho.

Chaos

Sit down stuns ARE one example. I sit down stun you with Bayman's :3::K: while you were crouching. I followup with :236: :P: guaranteed, regardless of how much they slow escape.

Or, I hit you into the wall with :6::H+P:, and :P::P: is guaranteed.

Two examples of stun types that make it completely impossible to avoid the followup.
You mean something that don't even exist on DOA4? lol. :rolleyes:

dawnbringer

I think "true combos" on Normal and Counter hit status are absolute guaranteed too, such as Jann Lee's Punch Punch Punch 3-hit-combo

It's possible for natural combo to be countered sometimes if the first hit stuns or lands during critical stun. E.g. if you hit with PP from back first hit will stun and the second can be countered.

phoenix1985gr

pp isnt a true combo... in doa true combos are strings that are unholdable after the first strike such as jahn 4ppp or alphas 2k kk the kk is the true combo where if you dont hold/ block the 2nd k the third one is guaranteed... There are a few more but its not the same way as in tekken for example where natural hit combo means that its a combo once the first attack in a string hits (well the concept is the same but because of the counters it changes a bit)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD