Anime/Manga Talk

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
No I wasn't really comparing them. I just read the manga to tell the difference.

• Gohan is 23 years old, he has hidden power & he unleashes it when he's people harmed - Gohan was taught to handle his hidden power/rage during the hyperbolic time chamber/cell tourny (android 16).
  • Trunks was ALREADY a Super Saiyan in the main series, so why did it have to take Gohan dying to finally turn Super Saiyan? - Go watch the movie again, and make sure you watch all of it....
  • Bulma & Gohan knew about planet Namek if Piccolo were to be killed. It was the reason why they went there in the 1st place, to revive him & the other fighters. - Because that wouldn't make for a good movie?
  • Only 1 senzu bean was used to restore strength - watch the movie again and has no relevance to your point
  • Gohan (future) again 23 & has been training for a very long time, even longer than Gohan but is weaker. When you've been training for that long, no matter who you've been around, you get stronger. Plus he has saiyan blood so he would be twice as strong - Makes no sense and has no relevance to your point
  • The Androids are WEAKER than main Androids in the main story anime/manga yet they were more ruthless & sadistic than the main series counterparts. - Again, different timeline/parallel universe
  • Gohan had the full mindset of a warrior & even told why he wore the Gi that resembled Goku & his haircut (which his full design is badass, but I prefer "Gohan" regardless) yet his fate was inevitable, very brutal to say the least. - Has no relevance to your point
  • The Lookout still existed & so did the time chamber. Gohan knew & was fully aware of it - Gohan did not know about the time chamber until he went in with Goku and Goku died in the alternate timeline from the heart virus

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
  • Gohan is 23 years old, he has hidden power & he unleashes it when he's people harmed - Gohan was taught to handle his hidden power/rage during the hyperbolic time chamber/cell tourny (android 16).
  • Trunks was ALREADY a Super Saiyan in the main series, so why did it have to take Gohan dying to finally turn Super Saiyan? - Go watch the movie again, and make sure you watch all of it....
  • Bulma & Gohan knew about planet Namek if Piccolo were to be killed. It was the reason why they went there in the 1st place, to revive him & the other fighters. - Because that wouldn't make for a good movie?
  • Only 1 senzu bean was used to restore strength - watch the movie again and has no relevance to your point
  • Gohan (future) again 23 & has been training for a very long time, even longer than Gohan but is weaker. When you've been training for that long, no matter who you've been around, you get stronger. Plus he has saiyan blood so he would be twice as strong - Makes no sense and has no relevance to your point
  • The Androids are WEAKER than main Androids in the main story anime/manga yet they were more ruthless & sadistic than the main series counterparts. - Again, different timeline/parallel universe
  • Gohan had the full mindset of a warrior & even told why he wore the Gi that resembled Goku & his haircut (which his full design is badass, but I prefer "Gohan" regardless) yet his fate was inevitable, very brutal to say the least. - Has no relevance to your point
  • The Lookout still existed & so did the time chamber. Gohan knew & was fully aware of it - Gohan did not know about the time chamber until he went in with Goku and Goku died in the alternate timeline from the heart virus
I've watched this movie plenty of times lol... More times than I can count on. Again all of the bold that you just posted of me "not making any points" actually does make sense. I wasn't comparing the anime to the manga. I read them to tell the difference. I was also referring to this as a special side story opposed to the main anime. That's what I was comparing it to. I already know about the worlds being different. I already stated way before you posted to me all of the points that "It was meant for Trunks to be left on his own". That was what made sense to me. With or without the help of Goku in the time chamber. Gohan also went on a hiatus on training for 7 years of peace.

Yes, it was meant to be different, but if you look at what made Dragon ball Z "Dragon ball Z", the whole entire thing with Gohan doesn't make any sense to me. Why does Gohan not have hidden powers but not in this timeline? His hidden power when he got mad was what made him even stronger against Cell. Again, I KNOW that this is a different timeline, but I'm saying that if you think about what Future Gohan has been doing training for this long & what Gohan had been doing at the time, it doesn't make sense.

Fun Fact: Gohan in the manga told Android 17 how strong he had become since their last encounter, but 17 said that he was only using 5% of his power & could have killed him with ease right before they killed him. Now I know that it doesn't compare. It's just to tell the difference.

The issue that I was mentioning about the senzu bean was that usually in the anime/cartoon, they have a whole bag full ready to use & restore power, but seeing that this is a futile story, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

The Androids in the future being weaker doesn't make any sense because they were more sadistic, cold-hearted. Yet, the others in the main anime are stronger & less brutal. What I was saying in other words is that it's weird how it works out "if you think about it" because you would think the more ruthless enemies wouldn't have any remorse for anyone.

For the time chamber & lookout, I assumed that he would have known about it "if Mr.Popo told him about it".

For me mentioning Namek, that was me scratching my head after Trunks went back & saved the world in his time since Bulma knew of it. Gohan I just mentioned for good measures...

Again, I know that this is meant for Trunks to be the Lone Warrior & to go back & fight with others. I know the whole entire point of the movie. I get it. I am saying that since I'm so accustomed to seeing the main anime/cartoon, it doesn't add up seeing that a lot of the elements are different between the timelines. If you think about it.

Edit: For the most part, I don't like futile stories. Especially when 1 of the crowd favorites is the one going through the brutality.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
At any rate, I found some Sailor Moon wallpapers/avatars. If anybody wants them here:

1795663_10204059680994925_258609384859294208_n.jpg

1969410_10204059630353659_6163490639670406951_n.jpg

10153045_10203925430838755_7508511869975130640_n.jpg

10260038_10204021327476111_7224735645214024593_n.jpg

And a few DBZ's

10269407_10204059668474612_2001778314592622067_n.jpg
10155816_10203925436438895_7354892329119103504_n.jpg

1507611_10203905365497134_2713951491871306186_n.jpg

I have more if you want them. I don't want to completely fill up a post. So if anybody are interested in more that I have, let me know & I'll post some more.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I see the resemblance in those characters, but Project A-ko was better in my opinion.
It wasn't just those three characters that were similar...

Agent D = Nui Harime
B-Ko's Classmates = The Elite Four
Hikaru Daitokuji = Ragyo Kiryuin

ChainCombo

Hmm, I'm not into anime as much as I used to be, or manga for that matter.

It takes a lot to get me interested and compelled to watch or read anything "new" now through.

Only manga I've been currently into and still wanting to continue are Black Lagoon (started reading in 05), Ikki tousen (04), and Highschool of the Dead (08)..., all three were on hiatuses for a while as well.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I've been trying to get into some new action-packed ones, but I'm having a hard time with it

Ghosty-J

Hmm, I'm not into anime as much as I used to be, or manga for that matter.

It takes a lot to get me interested and compelled to watch or read anything "new" now through.

Only manga I've been currently into and still wanting to continue are Black Lagoon (started reading in 05), Ikki tousen (04), and Highschool of the Dead (08)..., all three were on hiatuses for a while as well.
I've been trying to get into some new action-packed ones, but I'm having a hard time with it
You
two
must
start
reading
Berserk
this
instant!
(I've already urged everyone to read JoJo, so now I'm urging you all to read this too :V)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I have some Mobile Suit Gundam series, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha & Ronnin Warrors stuff too that I supposed to upload to my Facebook collection of Games/Anime/Cartoon album (favorites of all time to show the public my interests throughout my life). I'll do the same here if you guys like. lol Those 2 are just at the top of my list is all. :p

Edit: if you want to be added on Facebook, shoot me a msg on my wall or PM, but just keep it "civil" tag me in anything if you know what I mean. I have jobs & public places keeping tabs on me especially for my field of major & work in school.

Nameless Sama

I am watching these

No Game No life
No-game-no-life-anime-key-visual.jpg

Bleach
Final_getsuga_tensou_2.jpg

Mekaku%20City%20Actors%20-%20OP%20-%20Large%2001.jpg

c97a486299e23224075e1b1b514607e11389406950_full.png

Hira no kakera
Hiiro%2Bno%2BKakera.jpg

psycho_pass_desktop_wallpaper_3-other.jpg

But I really I dont have time for animes right now. Duty is calling me.

I am waiting for
sword-art-online-season-2-announced-1106176.jpg

953129045_1393647769.jpg

sword-art-online-season-2.jpg

Not released but I really want to see

Norigami season 2
Kuroko no basket season 3

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Sailor Moon (90's anime) will be airing on Hulu & neonalley.com along with the new July series coming? Man 2014 has been good to me! Life if good! AND it's licensed by Viz along with Blu-ray collections with a new English dub! Here's the trailer announcement! Get hyped with me!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD