Anime/Manga Talk

TheRealCoxinator

Maaaaaan. Triage X ended. Owari no Seraph ended. It's about that time again. New anime are coming like the first week of July. Some really good ones too.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Finally, been waiting for Owari to end before I start it.

I read the Funimation subtitles are terrible for this anime which is kind of putting me off lol

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
lol brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, those are all Funi subbies haha

dw I got a non Funi sub ripped downloaded. Just have to wait until exam week is over.

Xernuht

Really? They aren't at all messed up for me.

The direct translation's probably somewhat accurate. It's probably that the translation doesn't account for source material 'quirks'. A similar issue happened in the subs for Blazblue: Alter Memory, where the translators hopelessly butchered Hakumen's mantra.

The rushed release schedule and more likely lack of fans amongst the translators can do that. It'll likely get redone for the home release.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So the second Attack On Titan recap movie is going to have an extended scene at the end which will lead into Season 2.

ugh, I can't wait to see all the stuff in the manga animated omfg

TheRealCoxinator

If you wanna complain about subs the only one I think that it's justified for is the only available Nauto: The Last. It's only the Korean dub and English subs but the subs are terrible. It's watchable but ya gotta want to watch it.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Watched snafu final last night and then plastic memories final right after, I died a little inside

2 depressing endings back to back sucked

Xernuht

Watched snafu final last night and then plastic memories final right after, I died a little inside

2 depressing endings back to back sucked

No idea why you'd do that to yourself.

Started cramming on UBW. I'm enjoying it a lot more now that I'm not waiting for a week between episodes.

Kronin

I decided to get my time for reading all the manga that from too much time are on my wishlist: I started with "Homunculus" of Hideo Yamamoto and through the main character the author was truly able to show a great journey inside a man' soul and mind, even thanks to the perfect direction behind the art able to express exactly the feelings of the character and situations.

Not for the lovers of action manga, but truly a great work for who wish to read even something more psychological and "human".

1.jpg

Last edited:

Xernuht

For the fans of Black Lagoon and Jormungand, I recommend Gangsta. It just started.

Nitty, gritty, and a whole barrel of fun.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
For the fans of Black Lagoon and Jormungand, I recommend Gangsta. It just started.

Nitty, gritty, and a whole barrel of fun.

all it did was make me want to reread Black Lagoon. i may be a bit premature with this but i found the characters and settings to be a bit bland in all honesty. and despite taking place in the real world the main character is a katana swinginng badass that can just defeat loads of gun wielding mooks in a narrow ally where he was literally the only target. ive just gotten to the point where stuff like that bores me more than anything.

the most interesting about that anime is that the main guy is deaf, but aside from that nothing really interesting or new popped out to me.

Xernuht

all it did was make me want to reread Black Lagoon. i may be a bit premature with this but i found the characters and settings to be a bit bland in all honesty. and despite taking place in the real world the main character is a katana swinginng badass that can just defeat loads of gun wielding mooks in a narrow ally where he was literally the only target. ive just gotten to the point where stuff like that bores me more than anything.

the most interesting about that anime is that the main guy is deaf, but aside from that nothing really interesting or new popped out to me.

I dunno. It wasn't an amazing first episode, but I liked the interactions between the characters. Much like with Black Lagoon, I'm counting on the interactions keeping the series alive for me. I'm hoping it gets better.

Anyhoo, the other stuff I've started this season:

Symphogear GX: Still the same series I've loved since the first season. My iPod is ready.
Ushio and Tora: A nice, fun series. Probably wouldn't give a damn if Tora wasn't the petty asshole he is.
School-Live!/Gakkou Gurashi!: Wow... that shit's fucked up. Still, what a first episode.
Monster Musume: I honestly wrote this off as a 'one and done', but I was so pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of it.
GATE: Not an astounding first episode, but I imagine this will be like Kill la Kill/Log Horizon for me, and will take a few episodes to get going.
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Haven't had as much fun with a comedy series since D-frag!, although it's not quite that funny. Looking forward to the full season.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD