Anime/Manga Talk

X51

Samurai Shamploo (if you are one of the very few that haven't seen it yet) and Afro Samurai should be on that list too.
Maybe you should take a look at Sengoku Basara, it's very simple and doesn't really bring anything new but you might like it for the action and a few funny moments.
When you're done with "serious" ninja animes watch 2x2 Shinobuden, I believe that it's impossible to be dissapointed with such fun anime (if you know what you're going to watch).

Ghosty-J

Trust and Betrayal was fantastic. And the Reflections OVA that followed made me cry like a lil' (female-dog) THREE TIMES!!! Kenshin Himura = Greatest Edo samurai EVER <3

And Sword of the Stranger is godlike. I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch it and drool at its amazing animation!

X51

Trust and Betrayal was fantastic. And the Reflections OVA that followed made me cry like a lil' (female-dog) THREE TIMES!!! Kenshin Himura = Greatest Edo samurai EVER <3
Damn name translations... I thought we were talking about good anime. My wrong.

Ghosty-J

Damn name translations... I thought we were talking about good anime. My wrong.

tumblr_inline_mhzsu4DG7l1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: X51

Leady?

Eh. He's probably disappointed it didn't translate to Naruto, rather an anime that actually makes one's with emotions/a mature sense of empathy FEEL something. Something lots of cartoons and even some movies can't do. Plus, shit has epic violence.

Also - was it just me or did it remind you of Jet Li's Fearless? The whole killer-turned-farmer thing at least..

Vanity Assassin

And Sword of the Stranger is godlike. I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch it and drool at its amazing animation!
revelations was good too and very emotional I cried lol

Ghosty-J

revelations was good too and very emotional I cried lol
Yeah. The impact was even greater since Rurouni Kenshin played a huge role in my childhood. Heck, I practically idolized Kenshin growing up. I can still remember coming home everyday from school just to catch the promos XD

X51

@bingsoo. I just remember another samurai/ninja anime that I really liked and has everything (even drama for manly tears because it's what makes an anime good :troll: ) but the way it looks might make you think that it's not "serious" or that is "childy". Everyone should give it a try: Katanagatari, one of the few things that doesn't makes you to want to throw up when you hear/read "ali project".

bingsoo

X51 said:
@bingsoo. I just remember another samurai/ninja anime that I really liked and has everything (even drama for manly tears because it's what makes an anime good :troll: ) but the way it looks might make you think that it's not "serious" or that is "childy". Everyone should give it a try: Katanagatari, one of the few things that doesn't makes you to want to throw up when you hear/read "ali project".

Cool, thanks man, I'm looking into watching all of these.

Ghosty-J

Katanagatari looks SO GOOD. I've been wanting to watch it for a while, but nobody's bothered to license it yet. Unfortunately I doubt no one will be willing to even touch it D:

X51

Here, in Spain, when we get something good we might get it cancelled, like Detroit Metal City manga, for three main reasons: it's not Crappyruto, it's not a soup-opera or doesn't have ecchi for a quick virgin teenage fap. So I have to adquire most material from fansubs until someone decides to license it and most of the time, expecially manga, cancel it or freeze it for a while. Some of those fansubs are pretty good, even better than the licenser translation.

Ghosty-J

The cancellation of innovative masterpieces is beginning to become a thing in America's recent years.

Motor-city.jpg

TRON_UPRISING_POSTER_MIELGO.jpg

Seriously. Disney can just crash and burn for killing off such amazing shows. Now Young Justice and Green Lantern has followed suit. The best shows ALWAYS die young and it's getting ridiculous. Megas XLR, Sym-bionic Titan, Invader Zim, Samurai Jack, Thundercats 2011, countless others... ugh -_-;

Awesmic

Standard Donor
The cancellation of innovative masterpieces is beginning to become a thing in America's recent years.

Motor-city.jpg

TRON_UPRISING_POSTER_MIELGO.jpg

Seriously. Disney can just crash and burn for killing off such amazing shows. Now Young Justice and Green Lantern has followed suit. The best shows ALWAYS die young and it's getting ridiculous. Megas XLR, Sym-bionic Titan, Invader Zim, Samurai Jack, Thundercats 2011, countless others... ugh -_-;
The 2002 He-Man remake... why did it have to get canned when Hordak was about to come back? Why, dammit?

167977_187489957936138_7479390_n.jpg

Ooobe

If you like Boku wa Tomodachi ga.. ("next" is also good) then you may also like Sakurasou no pet na kanojo.
<me doing my amazon impression>;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD