Any Temp Solutions Until I Get a New Xbox?

CommanderWiggles

A PS3 sounds better to me but I already have it on 360 so...

This happened in my copy of DOA5 as well, so I conclude it as my Xbox.

I deleted all cache and content that wasn't needed.

So, it's down to two issues:

1. Game freezes.

This happens in character select.

This usually happens when I try to pick Kokoro, but not as often as when I hover to Lisa. Every damn time I hover over Lisa, it will have the loading icon, the spinning one, and it will just sit there. It will not load. And when I press a button on my controller, it freezes. Now, the music still plays, as if it isn't looping and skipping, but the screen freezes.

This also happens when ANY character has the spinning icon and it doesn't load for approximately 30 seconds+.

I have a feeling that my Xbox just isn't registering Lisa, and it's not properly letting my CD play.

This is BOTH offline and online.

Online, it will freeze, and of course, I have my mic on all the time, and explain it, and Jackasses still go a little button happy to let the menu pass, and it screws my game up.

And the weird thing is it has the sound for when you press the Xbox button.

Here's what it is.

The only way for me to get out of this screen is to press the eject button. When I press the button, it will send me to the dashboard, but because my screen freezes, the error message is layered UNDER the character select screen, so I can never tell what the error message says.

2. Infinite Loading Screens.

This happens RANDOMLY.

And this happens when I try to play against a Momiji AI or Leifang AI.

Mostly random.

This will happen in all modes, even online, as I tried to select Momiji and Leifang when I did versus tonight, and I had infinite loading screen.

This happens online as well, in ranked and other lobbies.

When I tried the versus once, I had an infinite loading screen, so I went and took a piss and it was still stuck.

The screen doesn't freeze either.

I know it isn't my CD, because my CD has no scratches and is bran new. It also happened with my copy of DOA5.

Until I invest in my own Xbox (this one is my Mom's), is there any way I could fix this problem temorarily? Again, no cache, no bloatware (or apps), and the only games I have on are AC2, SHD, SHHD, RDR, L.A. Noire, DOA5, and DOA5U.

I also ask if it is alright for me to delete the online pass from 5, because it was listed in the delete suggestions.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Hey,

since I can't figure out from your post if this is a general problem, you should check if you have these issues with other games too first. Personally I don't think that this is an hardware issue, so you may not have to buy a new console.

The game freeze at the character selection happened to me before too when I played offline with a friend on. Imo, this is an issue with costume DLC's you've downloaded but that do not fit your current game version. That means, the game will freeze at the character selection if you have costume packs installed that are made for a newer game version as you've currently installed. Make sure your DOA version is updated to the latest patch, or try to delete all DLC costumes and download them again after you updated the game. You said you deleted all that was not needed, but better delete everything. Since your CD is fine, you should try to remove, reinstall and update the game completely.

If you have infinite loading screens, you might check if your Xbox stopped loading because it's overloaded/overheated. The CPU from your console will surely step down if it get's too hot (especially the slim version), so check if there is enough space for some air conditioning (maybe something is blocking the ventilation slots). However, since you said that the game does not freeze, it might be also just stopped loading because it's waiting for data that is not installed. Again, check if this issue occurs in other games too.

Hope it helps you a bit!

CommanderWiggles

Hey,

since I can't figure out from your post if this is a general problem, you should check if you have these issues with other games too first. Personally I don't think that this is an hardware issue, so you may not have to buy a new console.

The game freeze at the character selection happened to me before too when I played offline with a friend on. Imo, this is an issue with costume DLC's you've downloaded but that do not fit your current game version. That means, the game will freeze at the character selection if you have costume packs installed that are made for a newer game version as you've currently installed. Make sure your DOA version is updated to the latest patch, or try to delete all DLC costumes and download them again after you updated the game. You said you deleted all that was not needed, but better delete everything. Since your CD is fine, you should try to remove, reinstall and update the game completely.

If you have infinite loading screens, you might check if your Xbox stopped loading because it's overloaded/overheated. The CPU from your console will surely step down if it get's too hot (especially the slim version), so check if there is enough space for some air conditioning (maybe something is blocking the ventilation slots). However, since you said that the game does not freeze, it might be also just stopped loading because it's waiting for data that is not installed. Again, check if this issue occurs in other games too.

Hope it helps you a bit!

It doesn't happen with any other game. Red Dead will freeze online, but this is known with Rockstar, as everyone has that problem with the servers.

The DLC might be the problem. I only have two DLC packs from DOA5 that were sent to DOA5U. I'll try reinstalling them. The game is up to date, but I don't think the DLC I have installed sent in 5U properly.

I think it just stopped loading completely. It always happens when I try to fight Momiji and Leifang in offline modes such as time attack and versus, and it will sometimes happen if I haven't waited for the character's win/lose pose before fighting again or moving to the next stage. I'll try to see if this changes after reinstalling my DLC.

Thank you kindly! I am dying to play it again, but I just got stuck because of these two issues. I'm not console savvy; I am more of a PC gamer, so I'm more likely to be able to handle myself with PC games than console games.

And I'm getting a new console anyways since I'm moving out soon. My Mom picked up the crappy Skylanders Bundle with the 6 GB hard drive, to which, my old 360 had a 250 GB, but because it was old, I have to get an external hard drive of my own anyways.

Update: When I went to redownload, it said it was trying to redownload my profile and for me to delete it and download it again. So both my DLC is removed for now and my profile is redownloaded, and I got to play about five matches with Dutch Samurai before it froze again. But it's running a lot better than it was recently.

Last edited:

CommanderWiggles

Bump.

Update: The freeze NOW only happens if I or someone else online hovers over Lisa (goes to her but does not select). Because people online move so fast, it freezes the game. I think either Lisa's files are corrupt on my CD or my xbox isn't registering her.
Both she and Momiji are the two who have issues now along with Kokoro's 4th costume. Momiji is able to be selected, but she results to an infinite loading screen.
All other issues were luckily fixed.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
There must be still something wrong with your files. Since it still freezes at the character selection, there is surely some costume data still missing or corrupt.

Make sure you've also installed all data packs for the costumes that are offored for free at the store when a new dlc is released. If you don't install them, you usually just won't be able to see the new costumes, but maybe something got messed up there.

Apart from that, I'm sorry but I'm a bit out of ideas :(

CommanderWiggles

It's all up to date and everything. I have all the catalogs installed. My next resort is to delete all the files and start from scratch.
What I am thinking is maybe a file from DOA5 got corrupted, and it transferred to DOA5U when I got it. It did it to DOA5 as well. The sad thing is these two games are the only games that do this; no other game is a problem to me at all.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Have you tried copying the game on the your HD? This should reduce the disk errors. My xbox freezes alot on Mass Effect 3. Never on doa.

CommanderWiggles

Again, my Mom's hard drive is as small as the asscrack of a beetle.
I'm looking for a job, so hopefully I can get a PS3, that way I don't have to worry about this problem again.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
As soon as you get the new HD try that also 8GB thumb drives are viable and dirt cheap. $10

CommanderWiggles

I have a 360, not a PS3.
I don't plan on dealing anymore with Microsoft. They can go kiss my ass. It's my Mom's xbox; she can do whatever she wants with it.
My friends are on PS3 anyways.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
This works on Xbox you can patrician any hard drive to store xbox data. Of course after its formatted to.

CommanderWiggles

And of course I know that.
Sorry to be a little rude but I know this stuff. The thing is I don't have two nickels to rub together, and I have been fighting with Microsoft for years, buying new parts, and dealing with all this shit just to have a temporary fix for my console. Forget that shit; I'm broke now; I've spent all my money, so when I get some funds for myself again, I'll invest in a PS4. And it's not like my Mom can get this stuff either; she has priorities for herself rather than a recreational box.

Microsoft has really not been on my good side, and it's getting worse.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD