Anybody here miss quick matches?

TLEE SAID THIS:

I think that was what it was called in DOA5. It was the alternative to ranked where you were paired with anybody and would play matches over and over without the fuss of losing or gaining rank. I really miss that feature. Are there any possibilities of it returning? I know that there are lobbies, but it is too slow to get into matches.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I don't miss it, considering that it was always completely dead, since it was pointless. There really wasn't a reason to pick that over the other two and so no one did, I guess, since I never got any matches through it outside of the first week of vanilla's release.

I doubt it will come back and I certainly hope it doesn't. The community is already split enough as it is, with ranked and lobby. Adding a third option to split it even further would be dumb. Although honestly, it likely would just simply be dead, like it was in vanilla.

TLEE SAID THIS:

I don't miss it, considering that it was always completely dead, since it was pointless. There really wasn't a reason to pick that over the other two and so no one did, I guess, since I never got any matches through it outside of the first week of vanilla's release.

I doubt it will come back and I certainly hope it doesn't. The community is already split enough as it is, with ranked and lobby. Adding a third option to split it even further would be dumb. Although honestly, it likely would just simply be dead, like it was in vanilla.

Really? It was the opposite experience for me. If I remember, ranked took way too long to find anyone while quick always found someone instantaneously, but it was probably a locational thing. But what I really miss about quick matches is the ability to decide to fight again after a random match.

synce

Never tried a quick match, but I do miss the old online. Even vanilla version 1.01 with its glitchy lobbies was better than today's mess. If you're good you will be refused in ranked and kicked from lobbies, it's impossible to just put the disc in and find a match instantly.

d3v

In that case, it'd be better to just add a rematch option after ranked matches.
Rematch in ranked is the dumbest option you can have in ranked. It's way to abuse-able for it to be an option, unless, that is, re-matching actually creates a non-ranked lobby.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I realize that people can abuse it, but since your grade doesn't really mean anything, does it matter if people abuse it?

Having the rematches be unranked is fine too though.

Aspect

If I had time to play a quick match I'd just wait for a ranked match. More people were playing ranked vs quick match anyway. Even if the FSD community doesn't care about online ranking, I still like the artificial feeling of getting better by defeating someone who's a higher rank to rack up points and level up.

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Quick matches are commonplace in other fighting games and makes perfect sense--but as others have noted, it more or less died off in vanilla not long after release. Your experience was probably an outlier and I imagine the same thing would have happened had it been in DOA5U.

I feel like if they just adjusted the way matchmaking works with rank, it would resolve the main issue-that it takes too long to find a random match. After a match is found, you should directly go to the character select screen. There should be no option to reject matches nor should you see any information about your opponent. You can already set filters beforehand so what valid reason would someone have for rejecting the match? I get that you wouldn't want to replay someone that you had a laggy match with, but the solution would be to improve the netcode and/or accuracy of the connection indicator, not to introduce a feature that could be so easily abused. And frankly, I don't care about the rank itself. It's just that the system is flawed at a fundamental level... to the degree that it actually hinders people from playing the game--and that is just unacceptable.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD