[Apr 19, 2013] Civil War V (Richmond, VA)

Blackula

Civil War V INFORMATION

tumblr_inline_mix1cymCQO1qln1db.jpg
tumblr_inline_mix1dg4CdM1qln1db.jpg

REGISTRATION IS LIVE!
GO HERE

WWW.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar
WHEN: Friday April 19th @ 6pm to Sunday, April 21st at 1145pm

PRELIM SCHEDULE:
http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/47375965551/cw5-prelim-schedule
WHERE: Comfort Inn Midtown Conference Center
3200 W Broad St
Richmond VA 23220 

HOW TO GET HERE:
http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/46970645402/transportation-to-civil-war-v-how-to-get-there
Room Rate: 65$/ night FRI/SAT/SUN
CALL: (804) 359-4061
Saturday night is 1 or 2 rooms away from being sold out.

MAJOR ATTRACTIONS:

FULL Japanese style arcade w/ all the classic fighters as well as some new style cabinets! We’re trying to keep it open after hours for y’all! (CvS2, 3S, MvC2, ST, A3, A2, Garou, KOF98, TTT, etc)

Civil War Sword trophies:
UMVC3, AE, SFxT, TTT2, P4A, KOF, MK9, IJ:GAU, Super Turbo…
AND THE RAFFLE MONSTER SWORD!

A LITERAL MOUNTAIN OF PRIZES for door/placers/and raffles!

Excessive Space/Time for casuals! All of Friday Night is teams and casual play… We’ll leave half the setups up for casuals for most of Sunday (situated so you can still watch the finals, of course) and we’re probably going to have 40% more setups than we need so as to give you guys more games for your buck than any tournament experience!

The Salty Suite: After hours casual gaming! Bring copious amounts of mountain dew!

Team Spooky will be streaming! FunkyP will be Streaming!

Ultradavid and Skisonic on the mics!

Sponsored by Mad Catz!
Our Awesome commissioned TShirt and CivilWar Style Patch!

1st Ever Injustice: Gods Among Us Major Tournament!
Featuring REO, Tom Brady, Chris G, and more!

Top Players! EMPDieminion, EMP Santhrax, MH RayRay, MH Flux, TS Fooblat, TS NerdJosh, AGE NYChrisG, TS Sabin, FNEX KBrad, IGTUnknown, FR Roachking, EMP Jon Slayton, RyRy, Fighting GM, MK_REO, Damdai, Ganelon, LordKnight, Psyken and MORE!

Pair Play Tourneys:
Fri night SFxT, TTT2, MK9. 3v3 Teams ST, AE.

Vampire Savior Exhibition!
Friday Night

Injustice Exhibition!

North vs South 10v10 UMVC3 Battle!

GAME LIST:

Street Fighter IV AE2012 (Xbox 360)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter x Tekken 2013 (Xbox 360)
King Of Fighters 13 (Xbox 360)
Persona 4 Arena (Xbox 360)
(winner gets a custom Foehammer stick as well as a sword!)
Guilty Gear AC (Xbox 360)
BBCSEX (Xbox 360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Playstation 3)
Mortal Kombat 9 (Playstation 3)

Injustice: Gods Among Us (Playstation 3)
Dead or Alive 5 (Playstation 3)
Skullgirls (PS3)

ST GAMES (arcade/supergun)
(20$ for all 4 tourneys, ratio, team, charlock, standard) 

ST Games Rules List (including ratio)
http://www.strevival.com/stgames/

How Much?
Event Badge (required to enter any tournaments)
Normal (till April 15th): 30$
Week of/Door Fee: 40$
Spectators: 10$ for the whole weekend!
$10 per game (except ST)
$5 per head (most team/ unofficial side tourneys)

Trailer!

http://youtu.be/uXzr9HtntsI

REGISTRATION IS LIVE: GO HERE

WWW.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar 

INTERESTED IN STAFFING/VOLUNTEERING/JUDGING (CLICK HERE)?
Game Rules:
Rules: 
- In game button binding/macros are allowed.
-PS3 sixaxis and ds3 are HEAVILY discouraged. 

-Turbos and hardware macros are banned.

-UMVC3 and ST are best 3 of 5 games

-TTT2 and DOA are 3/5 rounds per game. 

-All other games are best 2 of 3 games. 
2/3 rounds.
-Pausing a game is cause for forfeiture of the round except in cases of imminent victory. In case of dispute, the game’s pause screen indicates the player that paused.

-In case a pause occurs by neither players fault or a 3rd party, The judge or tournament organizer will either restart the match or advise the continuation of play from a neutral situation.

-Getting up from the playing area during match play or unplugging your control device willfully is considered a forfeiture.
-Players will be organized in pools. Pool size may vary depending on game and number of entrants. Pool start times will be posted online and in the venue. Pool check-ins will occur at that time. If a player does not check in, and is not present by the time the first round completes, you will be disqualified to losers. If a player has been disqualified to losers, they will be immediately DQ’d again if they are not present when that loser’s match is called. Time conflicts with other tournaments or a personal emergency are the only valid reasons to avoid the DQ. Eating or sleeping are not personal emergencies.

- Draw rounds awarded by the game count. Draw games do not count. So in AE, a draw round at 0-0 or 1-0 counts, but one at 1-1 does not. Replay the entire game.
-No floating under any circumstances. All efforts will be made to seed and separate regions in the brackets, but this is a tournament, and sometimes you have to play friends. 

Game specific stuff:
Akuma is banned in ST.
(more later)

IJ: Interactables and Transitions on.

LINKS:
FACEBOOK:Shoryuken
TEKKENZAIBATSU: TESTYOURMIGHT:
FREESTEPDODGE
DUSTLOOP:
MayonakaMidnight:
tumblr_inline_mgp9ejpayR1qln1db.jpg

Gruff757

Standard Donor
yeah definitely gonna pre reg before the 21st lol. hopefully we get some folks out there. I'll go regardless unless something comes up last minute.

Blackula

Just thought I'd bump this back to the top so it can be in your minds that we are about 1 month away from this happening. Come on out and show your support. :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Since I'm not expecting any more than 10 people there, could we get this on 360?

EDog21

What time will doa be played. Its a 10 hour drive from here, and plane tickets seem high. I dont ride planes often is 265 from atl round trip towards the higher end? Its only a hour and forty five minute flight! If I do come gonna be on a tight schedule. Gotta be back at work by 7am Monday.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Lemme get the word on when I can register (because my dad told me he'd help out) & then I'm there

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I actually may not be able to attend this as I have personal family matters I have to attend to on the same weekend.

Renegade

Since I'm not expecting any more than 10 people there, could we get this on 360?

I thought DOA players preferred PS3's? I really don't care if that's what everyone wants, but it'll be in the room w/ all the PS3's.

What time will doa be played. Its a 10 hour drive from here, and plane tickets seem high. I dont ride planes often is 265 from atl round trip towards the higher end? Its only a hour and forty five minute flight! If I do come gonna be on a tight schedule. Gotta be back at work by 7am Monday.

DOA will most likely be in the first block on Saturday, and will be ran anywhere from 12pm to 3pm.

265 is a bit high from ATL to Richmond. I paid 68 bucks for a ATL to richmond one way on Airtran for Final Round.

Lol, if you want to leave WED and return TUE, it's 117 bucks.

But even then, any flight is probably going to be at least 100 bucks a leg. The trip is wonderfully short.

Lemme get the word on when I can register (because my dad told me he'd help out) & then I'm there

Registration is open now

http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Thanks for the info Renegade.

To answer your question, most of the top players play with an Xbox controller since the past 10 years the game has been on Xbox. Final Round's top 8 were entirely played on Xbox converters.

Renegade

Thanks for the info Renegade.

To answer your question, most of the top players play with an Xbox controller since the past 10 years the game has been on Xbox. Final Round's top 8 were entirely played on Xbox converters.

I have no problem with that if everyone is ok w/ a switch. We're mainly an xbox tourney anyway. How much content/save data/unlocking is there for tournaments again? I'm brutally unaware when it comes to DOA.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
DOA5's latest patch v1.03a allows for an Exhibition mode to be turned on in the Versus screen which unlocks all characters and most costumes.

And there's one free DLC stage that's playable after the latest patch.

Renegade

TIME IS RUNNING OUT! Please Share!

You guys have a little over 1 week to pre-reg for Civil War V. Don't wait until the venue fee goes up to $40! Act today!

Register at
http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

Make sure your complete the registration through Paypal! Otherwise you are NOT pre-registered!

Pre-regging gives you the benefit of skill based and regional based seeding! The person who plays Chris G first round in Marvel WILL be someone who didn't pre-reg, I can guarantee you that. I may even put you guys in your own pool of sinners.

Also, several door prizes will ONLY be available to the people on the pre-reg list! This will be entirely separate from our sweet raffle!

Just as a general announcement as well, the winners of these tournaments will receive an engraved sword trophy:
AE, UMVC3, SFxT, KOF, P4A, MK9, TTT2, IJ:GAU, ST.

Also, a pretty sweet mini cannon trophy will be given out to: DOA, GG, SG, BB, and the runner ups in AE and UMVC3.

Rooms are running out as well: Book now by calling 804-359-4061

xSuperxElitex

whats up with the housing because im not trying to come off a fortune. Venue fee 40 already, tournament fee, and gas already probably more than i would make if i was to win

Renegade

whats up with the housing because im not trying to come off a fortune. Venue fee 40 already, tournament fee, and gas already probably more than i would make if i was to win

Venue Fee is 30 until next monday. The discount room rate at the Comfort Inn Fri/Sat/Sun is 65$ a night, split 4 ways that's about 15 bucks.

I haven't seen a lower hotel rate for a FGC tournament.

There should be some room shares popping up here, the FB event page, or other forums.

Let me know and I'll help you out however I can.

Orangegamma2

As long as we are voting, I vote to play on playstation as I am one of the ones who has switched over and gotten used to that. Besides why make the tournament longer than it needs to be? Casuals would be easier too I'm sure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD